IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got my first speeding ticket today :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 09:23 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look on the ticket and find out when the officer has a day offf. usually they will not show up to the court date if they are not on duty.
Old 04-17-12, 11:10 PM
predacon47
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

LOL... The day off trick don't work, well for me that is. I schedule all my traffic violations for two or three days out of the month. Yes I do show up. All court days are OVERTIME! lol..FYI in the state of NV I do need to annotate how the speed was recorded ie radar, laser, lydar, or pace. Eyeballing speed is not enough probable cause to stop.
Old 04-17-12, 11:20 PM
XSV
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by kingster
Idrivesafely.com will charge for any hard copies mailed or emailed to you.
But will not charge if they simply submit your certificate to the court (no other forms needed)

The judge will not decide here because if you do it through their web site, it is already stablsihed how long you have to complete traffic school.

All information provided in this thread, may very well have a point here even if it's for others in a similar situation now or in the future. In additon to that, hommie stated that the officer wrote him up speeding 24mph over sppeds limit. That means he is in deed under 25mph therefore, has a chance for traffic school. He has nothing to lose by just going into their web site and entering his information. Either he will be rejected or accepted. That's if this is the route he would like to take.

I've done defensive driving in Houston, Texas, at least three times already and each time I was required to come back to the court house with my driving record and certificate of completion for the defensive driving. They told me I could not request the documents to be sent to the court. I was not directing the comment to the OP, but to the guy who got a ticket for speeding 99 in a 70, that's 29 over the limit, which means no DD for him. The judge has to approve for defensive driving first. So there's no point in putting in the info on the website. Either way, he'll be making a trip to the court house.
Old 04-18-12, 12:07 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Did the police write down on your ticket 89mph or 80+? if it was 89, traffic school is not offered. if you are guilty you will get that point. i suggest do a TBD which is popular, if that fails go to court. As i sat in court listening to other peoples speeding tix, most cops arent dicks so most people got a 80+ tix and could go to traffic school. Except for one kid who was 16, cop wrote down 95. Hope your cop was easy and you will most likely get dismissed.
Old 04-18-12, 09:08 PM
kingster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XSV
I've done defensive driving in Houston, Texas, at least three times already and each time I was required to come back to the court house with my driving record and certificate of completion for the defensive driving. They told me I could not request the documents to be sent to the court. I was not directing the comment to the OP, but to the guy who got a ticket for speeding 99 in a 70, that's 29 over the limit, which means no DD for him. The judge has to approve for defensive driving first. So there's no point in putting in the info on the website. Either way, he'll be making a trip to the court house.
It is clear that things are different in Texas than here in CA (Los Angeles).
I got a citation about a year ago. I waited to the last few days to pay the citation online.
I was not sure if I was a candidate for traffic school but selected that option anyway.
Since I had not had any violations since 1987, I was accepted. I paid my fees (violation + court fees). I enrolled in idrivesafely.com (of course I selected CA) and was asked if I wanted a hard copy of my traffic school certificate of completion, print one out when course is completed or send me one via eamil. Either way, I was going to be charged a fee.
I decided to have the school send one to the court for free. I never showed up to court but to get an extension. I never saw any judge but those on TV. No judge decided how long I had to complete traffic school. I never challenged the citation because it was really my fault.
Two different tates, courts don't handle things the same.
I did called the court to make sure I was all clean and clear. I was!!
Old 04-19-12, 07:51 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I looked the ticket over, he did right laser and laser #. He also wrote that I was going 89mph. If I do TBWD and I lose, can I still request traffic school?
Old 04-19-12, 07:54 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh court, can be hard to fight against the laser because the court would hand you a sheet of info in court about the laser which was used. It would have the list of when it was inspected, calibrated with a % of error in the speed.