IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why the IS250/IS350 DESERVE more categories on Club Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-12, 12:42 AM
B16A2NR
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the IS250/IS350 DESERVE more categories on Club Lexus

Club Lexus has been a great source of information for me and unlike some other car forums, has a very positive community environment. Do a search and you can find anything you want buried deep in its archives. But one thing has been bothering me since I joined not long ago. I have noticed a lack of categories that organize the IS model into its greatly different subjects.

While I understand the concept of keeping categories to a minimum keeps conversation active and fresh. This is completely acceptable for the RX, LS, ES models. But for a car like the IS that has 400+ people viewing its pages at any moment, it only makes sense to have a broader list of categories. More categories means greater organization of information and advancement of knowledge.

I came from NASIOC and E90post where categories are plentiful. I believe that both the WRX/STI and 335i wouldn't have the level of understanding, development and aftermarket support without a well organized forum. Dedicated subject categories promotes more in depth discussion, potential vendor input/ technology advancement and quite simply prevents a really interesting thread from getting buried under noob questions.

Hypothetically I could imagine a "Tuning and Engine Modifications" category with useful discussions, more vendor involvement and sparking an interest in more power modifications. I can also imagine a dedicated "Members Car Gallery" where people can kick back and just look at really sick IS250/350's, create an individuals progression thread, post your "Official (Insert Part/Color/Style Here)Thread."

Some ideas:
"Tuning and Engine Modifications" Discuss all things power, post dyno results, ask about parts.
"Members Car Gallery" Post photos/videos of your car, show its progression and list your mods.
"Interior and Exterior Cosmetics & Lighing" Discuss all things aesthetic, post your DIY project, ask about your mother effing LED's here.

Lets make this a discussion. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates to dig through pages to find the topics that actually interest ME.

Last edited by B16A2NR; 03-26-12 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-26-12, 01:00 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats what the search is for.

Tuning and engine mods~ wont work due to the encryption of the ECU and the HIGH compression ratios of the engines, we already have section for that anyway.

Members car gallery~ hmm... that really wont work if you allow comments, all you need is some of the 'elite' cars here to post pics and then you'll have pages of 'thats nice' and many 'questions' will get lost in the clutter~

Int and ext + lighting? We already have dedicated thread on those topics and you really can't combine all 3 into one or it'll become just one big mess.

I do understand what your asking thou and things could be a little more organized for new members, but 400 ppl viewing vs how many actually participate vs the hit n run types~ if you stay long enough ppl will pick up how to use the search more effectively~ (don't know if im saying this right and hope you understand)
Old 03-26-12, 01:42 AM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe too many sub-forums makes it confusing for a lot of people. We get daily threads talking about performance or suspension, but its been made in the 2IS main page, and we keep on moving to the right sub-forum.

Less sub-forums = better.