ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Which Spoiler Appeals you? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/611515-which-spoiler-appeals-you.html)

KeleIS250 01-06-12 11:40 PM

Which Spoiler Appeals you?

Need some help deciding on which Spoiler I should purchase.

Which one do you prefer?

OEM spoiler:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2006/1865.html

or

F-sport Spoiler:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2006/1786.html

joeker 01-06-12 11:44 PM

oem for sure

NorCalIS 01-06-12 11:47 PM

I have the oem, but I think I'm going to ditch it for the f-sport. Both look good though, hard choice.

bnizzle87 01-06-12 11:47 PM

Can't go wrong with either. I've seen some 2IS rides with both spoilers, and it comes down to your taste. The OEM spoiler has a slightly easier time getting stolen, from what I've heard, as it can be yanked off if held with just double sided tape. Two of my friends had it stolen, as I don't think it can be screwed on for added security. The F spoiler adds a little depth to the lines of the trunk, but doesn't look as sporty IMO as the OEM one. Personally, I'd go with the F spoiler, not just because I have one either. :D

GiantsFan 01-07-12 12:18 AM

F-Sport spoiler for sure!! :D I feel it flows better with the lines of the car.

Wunko 01-07-12 12:27 AM

I like how the OEM one sticks out a little bit. The F-Sport one isn't bad, which came with my car, but if I had a choice, I might pick the OEM one.

rookieIS 01-07-12 01:00 AM

Fsport looks better imo

BE715 01-07-12 01:12 AM

Sorry to hijack this thread, but has anyone actually swapped their OEM Spoiler for the Fsport? Just wondering if there are any issues when doing this???

BE715 01-07-12 01:21 AM

I have the oem but lately I've been leaning towards f sport.

GiantsFan 01-07-12 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by BE715 (Post 6929115)
Sorry to hijack this thread, but has anyone actually swapped their OEM Spoiler for the Fsport? Just wondering if there are any issues when doing this???

If your spoiler came on the car when your bought it you will have 3 holes on the edge of your trunk lid that I'm pretty sure the F-Sport one won't cover up...

NorCalIS 01-07-12 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by GiantsFan (Post 6929123)
If your spoiler came on the car when your bought it you will have 3 holes on the edge of your trunk lid that I'm pretty sure the F-Sport one won't cover up...

I thought that was only if it came with the f-sport spoiler, because I know the is-f's decklid is drilled in, but wasn't aware oem was. When I look at mine it appears to just be double sided tape. Please correctly if I'm wrong cuz I'm thinking about ditching my oem one, but not if there's holes! Also up late again I see! We got NorCal dedication for clublexus two nights in a row!

GiantsFan 01-07-12 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by NorCalIS (Post 6929129)
I thought that was only if it came with the f-sport spoiler, because I know the is-f's decklid is drilled in, but wasn't aware oem was. When I look at mine it appears to just be double sided tape. Please correctly if I'm wrong cuz I'm thinking about ditching my oem one, but not if there's holes! Also up late again I see! We got NorCal dedication for clublexus two nights in a row!

Yes - the F spoiler is attached with screws on the top of the trunk lid, but the OEM spoiler also has 3 screws - they are angled into the edge of the trunk lid ... and thats why the F-Sport one won't be able to cover up the holes from the OEM one - It doesn't go over the edge.

And yes... always up late browsing CL lol :D

NorCalIS 01-07-12 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by GiantsFan (Post 6929131)
Yes - the F spoiler is attached with screws on the top of the trunk lid, but the OEM spoiler also has 3 screws - they are angled into the edge of the trunk lid ... and thats why the F-Sport one won't be able to cover up the holes from the OEM one - It doesn't go over the edge.

And yes... always up late browsing CL lol :D

Hmm the edges of my oem are loose and when I pull at it it feels just like tape, but ill take your word for it! Guess I'll have to put the f-sport wing on the backburner for a while oh well. Still like both though so I'm lucky I have at least one of em.

GiantsFan 01-07-12 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by NorCalIS (Post 6929134)
Hmm the edges of my oem are loose and when I pull at it it feels just like tape, but ill take your word for it! Guess I'll have to put the f-sport wing on the backburner for a while oh well. Still like both though so I'm lucky I have at least one of em.

I tried to get a good pic for you but I couldn't find one... but yeah, spoiler should have been drilled on as a port-installed option. (I read that only the F-spoilers are installed in Japan)

Sffd103 01-07-12 05:43 AM

OEM looks cleaner. F Sport looks too thick and plopped on there. I like the curvature of the OEM.