ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Lexus IS Can I use the CD changer to play movies? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/609424-lexus-is-can-i-use-the-cd-changer-to-play-movies.html)

TheREDOne 12-23-11 08:14 PM

Lexus IS Can I use the CD changer to play movies?

Hi everyone,

I have a just gotten a new 2010 Lexus IS250 and I was just wondering weather the cd changer is able to play movies (I dont have the DVD player or the mark levinson system) If i can play movies what codec would the movie be in for the car to play it?

Thanks

MistaLex 12-23-11 08:21 PM

I would like to know also, I have the DVD player and the mark levinson system and never been able to watch movie on the DVD system, just hear the sound but don't see the movie.

stanjohn12 12-23-11 08:23 PM

I'm not sure if you can play movies if you don't have Mark Levinson and DVD compatibility. But if it does work , it has to be .vob files to watch movies.

sung3d 12-23-11 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheREDOne (Post 6902045)
Hi everyone,

I have a just gotten a new 2010 Lexus IS250 and I was just wondering weather the cd changer is able to play movies (I dont have the DVD player or the mark levinson system) If i can play movies what codec would the movie be in for the car to play it?

Thanks

I think I have the exact year/model/option as yours but I don't think it will play movies.
However you can add some converter to be able to have input from your iphone or else to play movie. I am still searching for this option but it seem to be pricey.

Here is a one of the company who provides the device.
http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=281

projectdna 12-24-11 01:56 AM

iirc, if you don't have mark levinson w/ your nav, you can't watch DVD's

WIZARD1325 12-24-11 02:17 AM

ANSWER: NO!!!!!!!!!!!

unless you have mark levinson

grondie 12-24-11 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by MistaLex (Post 6902059)
I would like to know also, I have the DVD player and the mark levinson system and never been able to watch movie on the DVD system, just hear the sound but don't see the movie.

The car has to be in park, with the parking brake on for the movie's to play. Give that a shot :thumbup:

NastyIS 12-24-11 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by grondie (Post 6902583)
The car has to be in park, with the parking brake on for the movie's to play. Give that a shot :thumbup:

Unless you hack it like many here have done. I hope this comment doesn't stir up the "that's too dangerous" comments.

Kurtz 12-24-11 10:45 AM

To summarize to be clear:

If you have Mark Levinson AND Nav you can:
Watch movies in park with the brake on
or Watch movies anytime if you hack the system

If you have Mark Levinson without nav you can't play movies (you have no screen or DVD player)

If you have NO Mark Levinson and DO have Nav you can't play movies from the factory. You can add hardware from 3rd parties to play movies off of an ipod or an external DVD player on the nav screen

If you have NO ML and NO Nav you're not watching anything.

That should cover all the combinations.

whitebeast 12-24-11 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by grondie (Post 6902583)

^ Not really. If your by pass your Navigation (won't hurt anything), you could play DVD (if you have MARK LEVESION), access MP3 file, using phone keypad .... while your car in motion.

istarzan 04-22-13 11:49 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread. But anyone know if you can swap the Mark Levinson DVD player with your Non-Mark Levision CD player and watch DVDs on your Nav screen?

I can get a good deal on the Mark Levinson DVD player portion.

istarzan 02-15-17 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by istarzan (Post 7898894)
Sorry to bump an old thread. But anyone know if you can swap the Mark Levinson DVD player with your Non-Mark Levision CD player and watch DVDs on your Nav screen?

I can get a good deal on the Mark Levinson DVD player portion.

bumping my own question lol.

sktn77a 02-16-17 09:54 AM

The mark levinson system is very different from the base system and I suspect the components and wiring are not compatible.

Jeff Lange 02-16-17 10:58 AM

Echoing what sktn77a said, the systems are quite different, swapping components is not going to be easy. It can be done, but there are numerous wiring differences, and it would also likely require a different amplifier. The number of speakers is also different, and so that amplifier won't be a direct fit.

:\

Jeff

whitebeast 02-16-17 09:24 PM

Actually you could swapped the Mark Levinson unit to enable watching video. However, the CD playback is completely plug and play.
There are 2 thing you need to do for it fully functional.
1. You need to relocated 4 wires for the AUX
2. You would need custom wire for video signal

You don't need to have Mark Levinson Amp and 14 speakers for it to work. Your stock AMP working fine!!!!
HOPE IT HELP!!! I did swap 4 of them into None ML car so i know!!!