IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 09:35 PM
Rikg35
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladius
What does conceal carry have to do with this? Smh...
I was wondering the same thing?
Old 12-22-11, 09:51 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neweyslex
I feel your pain. I do the exact same thing. I usually try to park next to a curb or a 4 door car since their doors seem to be shorter. My wife hates it because I take too long looking for a good parking spot but she puts up with it.
In our youger days, my buddy parked his car in this 80% EMPTY PARKING LOT far away from what he thought was safe from any potential door dings. One a$* Ho*% decided that it would be funny to park his truck so close to my friend that he had to climb in from the passenger side of his car so he can get to the driver seat. He was so mad that he slashed all 4 tires of the truck.
I probably would have done the exact same thing!!
Old 12-22-11, 10:19 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Red face

Originally Posted by LexUser85
Just to clarify, Im not actually gonna get out of my car and shoot the poor retard who dings my car. Although I still carry a pistol with me. Im in florida, so my car is considered an extention of my home..

I live in Brandon (where retards ding cars) and work in Tampa. You?

You know what man, I wouldnt doubt it at all! The Walmart that USE to go to would always have kids walking through the parking lot cause its one of the more populated parts of town. After examing it a little more this afternoon when I woke up for work, I noticed that it could have been a cart that hit it (although thats a **** ton of damage for a cart)

On another note..(havent really done a search) Whats the best way to get out DEEP scratches/chips? The paint is literally chipped to the bottom layer of paint..its about the size of a dime.
One time I was with my wife at petco and she bumped a cart and it started to roll down the parking lot picking up speed to the point when it hit the side of an explorer it put a good sized dent in the door. I went inside and asked at the register till I found the owner. He was pissed but thanked me for not just driving away. Turned it into my insurance and that was the end of it.
Old 12-22-11, 10:28 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greg0126
Not "brandishing" per se... more like keeping it on a belt holster and making sure that they see it! Just kidding, I agree guns are not appropriate for someone dinging your car door.
Yeah I am sorry guys, you are right. NEVER brandish nor display a gun if life is not in danger. I was just stating that I adore my car to the point that I would shot an idiot who shows no respect for my property. It has become a sad day that other motorists and people in general do not have that type of consideration. Thanks guys for being good citizens

P.S. In Kennesaw GA it is okay to brandish a fire arm if you feel that your property is being violated........nice huh (rather it be house home or auto the law has clauses but in all it does state that lol)

Last edited by SiskoMax77; 12-22-11 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-22-11, 10:31 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate when that happens. The worst is when you park far enough from everybody and somebody still manages to park right next to you. Like WTF i parked a million miles away from the store for a reason!!!!
Old 12-22-11, 11:32 PM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexUser85
I live in Brandon (where retards ding cars) and work in Tampa
Trust me, they're everywhere! I'm in West Palm Beach.
Old 12-22-11, 11:37 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

That's why you dont take your favorite car to Walmarts!
Old 12-22-11, 11:46 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Originally Posted by jgr7
One time I was with my wife at petco and she bumped a cart and it started to roll down the parking lot picking up speed to the point when it hit the side of an explorer it put a good sized dent in the door. I went inside and asked at the register till I found the owner. He was pissed but thanked me for not just driving away. Turned it into my insurance and that was the end of it.
Mad respect!! Not many people would do that.
Old 12-22-11, 11:52 PM
ToeMas8
Pole Position

Ouch! Sorry to hear LexUser85! That sucks... it's like no matter how much you try to avoid there is always some careless idiot swinging doors open.

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Oh! And does anyone park real far away and come back to two cars parked next to them and still a bunch of empty spaces around!?
^ YES! More than usual lately.... No matter where I go I park at the end of a row with PLENTY of other empty spaces around and yet the best place to park is right next to my car for some reason. I even park in the deepest corner of my parking lot at work near other guys that take pride in their cars who obviously also don't mind the long trek into the building. Yet every so often a massive truck or larger sedan tends to park right next to me. SOO ANNOYING, there are 6 other free & empty spots around me always, why next to my IS... I have yet to understand this.
Old 12-23-11, 12:28 AM
ximd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhonyISF
^ YES! More than usual lately.... No matter where I go I park at the end of a row with PLENTY of other empty spaces around and yet the best place to park is right next to my car for some reason. I even park in the deepest corner of my parking lot at work near other guys that take pride in their cars who obviously also don't mind the long trek into the building. Yet every so often a massive truck or larger sedan tends to park right next to me. SOO ANNOYING, there are 6 other free & empty spots around me always, why next to my IS... I have yet to understand this.
glad i'm not the only one who has experienced this. happens 1 in every 5 times too. i park in a nice spot where there are plenty of other available spots around me. When I come out, I see a huge and salvaged looking truck next to the IS...
Old 12-23-11, 04:40 AM
Kentchup
Pole Position

wow now it makes me second guess myself about where i park. I do the same thing as you by parking as far as i can. maybe now i should go later than usual no so jerkface does something like that. sucks tho that its down to the paint (
Old 12-23-11, 09:10 AM
LexUser85
Driver

Ok back on the topic of my beloved paint...I went and checked at a local paint shop to see what they had to say about it and they told me that it was too deep to buff out. They could repaint over it but the guy told me since it was so close to the door seam it would be one hell of a blend job and might not match up..any suggestions?
Old 12-23-11, 09:33 AM
MoarLow
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Just gotta live with it. You could do a clear bra on your car to help protect the paint, but no ones cars is 100% perfect (got my fair share of parking lot scratches, even when parked far).
Old 12-23-11, 09:54 AM
LexUser85
Driver

I refuse to give up on this! Call me OCD but this thing is huge and an eye sore!! lol
Old 12-23-11, 10:00 AM
lalewla
Rookie

it's so hard to keep your car free of dings. even if you park next to two really nice cars there is no guarantee that they won't leave and two dump trucks will then park beside you.

also, as written here even if you park far away, someone will still intentionally park close to you.

for me, the older my car gets the less senstive i am to dings.

sometimes i think dings are God's way of teaching me not to cherish material things quite so dearly.

Quick Reply: I park alone..to STAY ALONE!!!