For all those with CF interior.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 09:07 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For all those with CF interior.

Need your help guys,

Currently have the interior wrapped in the vinyl but I am looking to weigh out my options with your help.

1st. I would like to know if any one here has experience with the CARID.COM CF interior kit?
I know, if it's not FX auto it's not real but I would shoot myself with a bb gun repeatedly in the eye if I spent $750 on something that only I would mostly see. (I don't drive a show car)

2nd. Am I gonna have a PITA removing the current vynil? It's basically the same one that a lot of people run.

Thanks guys
Old 12-20-11, 09:13 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very very long ago, I ordered from Carid (ebay), and it was beyond awful. But from what I've seen, many have great experiences with it though.

I'm glad I got the CF done for $540, locally.
Old 12-20-11, 09:18 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the same situation as you. My interior pieces were wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl (aerotect), which satisfied me for a while. Later i began to really want a more real looking carbon fiber interior. I couldn't shell out the money for FX auto either lol. So i began to research a bunch on the CARID kit. To my disappointment, i found out the kit was not a perfect fit. There is some space on the sides of every piece after installation, and with the red wood interior this looks completely obvious/horrible/cheap. I then thought "what if just lay the CARID kit on top of my current carbon fiber vinyl, maybe it will blend better and be ok?" So this is what i did. I bought the CARID kit and put it on top of my vinyl. I believe im the only one who has taken this path. IMO it worked out, im very happy i took this route cause i saved a good chunk of money and it satisfied my craving. i know the story isnt worthless without pics. I'll take some tom to really give you an idea how it looks. Btw i feel like the CARID carbon fiber doesnt look the same as real carbon fiber, but good enough for me! -Sorry for the long post but i went through what your thinking EXACTLY lol
Old 12-20-11, 09:21 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

my buddy ordered a dash kit from them a few months ago took them nearly two months to ship it, on top of that they shipped him the wrong kit, and its not even anything like the fx auto kit I see some of the members on here have. It was basically decals! Which I bought some back in the day for my 99 EK hatchback before people started using the vinyl that we have today. I thought about upgrading too with the fx auto kits but haven't had the desire to spend that much money on it since I have other mods in mind plus I'm pretty content with the vinyl I have. I've even wrapped all the pillars on my exterior my grill surrounding, my roof. my interior panels and vents. If you're gonna get a kit I recommend you find somewhere else to buy it from or ask some of the members on here that have a good quality kit where they got theirs.
Old 12-20-11, 10:27 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rash
Very very long ago, I ordered from Carid (ebay), and it was beyond awful. But from what I've seen, many have great experiences with it though.

I'm glad I got the CF done for $540, locally.
Yea it looks very nice but it's $750 for me

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
I was in the same situation as you. My interior pieces were wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl (aerotect), which satisfied me for a while. Later i began to really want a more real looking carbon fiber interior. I couldn't shell out the money for FX auto either lol. So i began to research a bunch on the CARID kit. To my disappointment, i found out the kit was not a perfect fit. There is some space on the sides of every piece after installation, and with the red wood interior this looks completely obvious/horrible/cheap. I then thought "what if just lay the CARID kit on top of my current carbon fiber vinyl, maybe it will blend better and be ok?" So this is what i did. I bought the CARID kit and put it on top of my vinyl. I believe im the only one who has taken this path. IMO it worked out, im very happy i took this route cause i saved a good chunk of money and it satisfied my craving. i know the story isnt worthless without pics. I'll take some tom to really give you an idea how it looks. Btw i feel like the CARID carbon fiber doesnt look the same as real carbon fiber, but good enough for me! -Sorry for the long post but i went through what your thinking EXACTLY lol
That long post was very much appreciated my friend, that was exactly what I was wanting to learn. Fiment, quality, and what could be done. I will wait on your pictures

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
my buddy ordered a dash kit from them a few months ago took them nearly two months to ship it, on top of that they shipped him the wrong kit, and its not even anything like the fx auto kit I see some of the members on here have. It was basically decals! Which I bought some back in the day for my 99 EK hatchback before people started using the vinyl that we have today. I thought about upgrading too with the fx auto kits but haven't had the desire to spend that much money on it since I have other mods in mind plus I'm pretty content with the vinyl I have. I've even wrapped all the pillars on my exterior my grill surrounding, my roof. my interior panels and vents. If you're gonna get a kit I recommend you find somewhere else to buy it from or ask some of the members on here that have a good quality kit where they got theirs.
Wow glad to hear some of this advice.
That's why I made this thread, hopefully it will open up my options a bit.
Old 12-20-11, 10:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Not a day goes by where I regret FX Auto. The Price was well worth it in the end. Now everyday when I'm driving, I can't help but be awestruck when I see the interior!

Last edited by Hoovey689; 12-20-11 at 10:48 PM.
Old 12-20-11, 10:48 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Glad i can help! Hmm, I wouldnt say they are decals. They are pretty thin, but not paper thin. I was expecting a hard plastic, but its actually a very flexible material with 3m tape built into the resin. I bought the larger package deal, and have some pieces laying around that i did not use. I took a close up shot so you can see the weave up close. Its not the same as my f-sport ****, but ill actually show you the comparison of that tom. By no means is this kit perfect, and if your a perfectionist this kit may not be for you. Also if you have the silver trim rather than the red wood trim the empty spaces blend much better. I saw someone use this kit on a silver trim and it looked pretty good. Ive also seen it on a red wood trim, it looked terrible. You need to figure out a way to make the empty spaces blend, and i find that the carbon fiber vinyl does this pretty well. BTW i believe it took 2 weeks to get to me?

Up close:

Side shot so you can see how thick it is:
Old 12-20-11, 10:52 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

yeah i say get from fx auto, i'm still waiting on my to come sometime next week... and i have nefty wrapped for almost 3 yrs now lolz. time for a change
Old 12-20-11, 11:03 PM
is_baby
Lead Lap

Hmmmmm I'm very interested in this mod
Old 12-20-11, 11:12 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Thats beautiful Hoovey.

Sleek I have the cherry wood but it's wrapped.
Your description is leading me far from it, I'll wait on the pics.
<<< perfectionist
Old 12-20-11, 11:22 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Thats beautiful Hoovey.

Sleek I have the cherry wood but it's wrapped.
Your description is leading me far from it, I'll wait on the pics.
<<< perfectionist
haha i understand, i generally am too. college budget requires sacrifices you can expect yours to look very similar to mine as i have the same setup. will def post up the pics tom. I personally think its an upgrade from the vinyl though. I got tired of seeing the dullness of it, and hated the huge diff between it from the F-Sport shift ****.
Old 12-21-11, 12:01 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Carid kit. It's not bad but I didn't have wood underneath. I didn't know about FX Auto till later and didn't want to spend that much at first. I also have a manual so I don't have the huge piece in the center. I'll post pics tomorrow
Old 12-21-11, 12:07 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I love the forums

Thanks again guys
Old 12-21-11, 12:21 AM
Kauro
Pole Position

I was just looking at Vinyl wrap and came across this thread lol. Thanks!
Old 12-21-11, 12:31 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to have wrapped woodgrain as well (Neffy Wrap) ... but now I have the ISF silver carbon

There is NO comparison between a wrap and the real thing. Id say if you are looking for black CF - go the FX auto route. You won't regret it.

Last edited by GiantsFan; 12-21-11 at 12:42 AM.

Quick Reply: For all those with CF interior.