2011 IS250 Loss of contacts & Speed dials

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 03:30 PM
IS250FA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 IS250 Loss of contacts & Speed dials

Hi

I have a 2011 IS250 with the full map nav and have noticed on around 6 occasions that my contacts, speed dials and call history have been erased. I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0.1 but noticed that this occurs with my 3GS a swell on iOS 4.2.1. I have also worked out that this problem can be replicated using the following method

You can replicate the problem, i.e. cause a loss in contacts, speed dials and call history by turning your phone off, starting the car, then turning the phone on. So if your phone is not on before you start your car, the phone book etc will be erased. This happens every time.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 12-14-11, 08:36 PM
kamileon
Driver School Candidate

I heard of this problems in the last dealer conference call. Its common for the iphone 4s. Lexus only says to make sure 5.0.1 is installed. They are working on navigation firmware to improve this issue. See your dealer in a month.
Old 03-25-12, 11:09 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This problem also occurs with the CT200h and RX450h.

I suspect it's a common problem to all Lexus models that support separate phone book contacts for each of the registered phones.

The problem happens with both iPhone 3Gs & iPhone 4Gs models running IOS5.x .

Next time you go into your dealer ask them to allow you to demonstrate how the problem can be replicated.

Keep beating up on your dealer.
Old 02-03-14, 04:21 PM
orellars
Driver School Candidate

Default Another Lexus "Feature"

The problem occurs when you park (shut your car off) near a cell tower range boundary between two or more towers. When moving your phone stays connected to a tower a long as it has a decent signal, then it switches. However, when you restart your car, the phone usually connects to the closest tower, which may not be the same tower as when you shut it off. For some reason Lexus considers this a security violation and kills your directory and speed dials. It is really stupid, shows their ignorance of technology, and THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT. We have two other non Lexus automobile that do not have this problem (granted they use a little different design). Speed Dials work fine in a BMW and are never lost. Speed dials work fine in an Aston Martin, and are never lost.
I have argued with them for two years - iPhone 4s and 5s. They refuse to fix it, and don't really want to acknowledge that it is their problem. Ain't competition grand!
Old 02-03-14, 04:52 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by orellars
The problem occurs when you park (shut your car off) near a cell tower range boundary between two or more towers. When moving your phone stays connected to a tower a long as it has a decent signal, then it switches. However, when you restart your car, the phone usually connects to the closest tower, which may not be the same tower as when you shut it off. For some reason Lexus considers this a security violation and kills your directory and speed dials. It is really stupid, shows their ignorance of technology, and THEY REFUSE TO FIX IT. We have two other non Lexus automobile that do not have this problem (granted they use a little different design). Speed Dials work fine in a BMW and are never lost. Speed dials work fine in an Aston Martin, and are never lost.
I have argued with them for two years - iPhone 4s and 5s. They refuse to fix it, and don't really want to acknowledge that it is their problem. Ain't competition grand!
I'm amazed that you managed to come up with this scenario as being the cause of the problem!
I now have a CT200h and occasionally incurs the same problem.

The other problem that Lexus won't fix is where you'd phone directory that gets uploaded to the car is where numbers are store prefixed with the "+" sign & country code but when an incoming call is received without the "+" sign & country code for a stored number, the system is unable to identify the caller
Old 02-03-14, 05:06 PM
firelikeiy
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by orellars
http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/c...problem_warns/

Maybe Lexus is actually ahead of the game or at least looking out for the owners best interest.
Old 02-10-14, 08:55 AM
orellars
Driver School Candidate

Lexus has called......Two comments:
1) Lexus finally admits that it is a "problem". They have fixed the problem in 2013 and 2014 cars. They will not fix the problem in 2011 and 2012 cars. They have chosen to rub 2011 and 2012 Lexus "customers" noses in it. They have the fix, but choose to not give the fix to 2011 and 2012 customers. Arrogance. Total unmitigated arrogance (and bean counter cost, I suspect...)
2) They suggest turning the phone off while you are away from the car, and not powering the phone on until after the car is running upon re entry. We will give that a try. What a pain....
Old 02-10-14, 02:38 PM
orellars
Driver School Candidate

Lexus called again -
The nice gentleman reiterated that Lexus has chosen to "focus" on newer cars and only fix the problem in 2013 and 2014 cars. He then actually said "for cost cutting reasons they have chosen to not fix the problem in 2011 and 2012 cars, even though they are under warranty". Sounds to be like they are refusing to honor their warranty. More arrogance. Screw the good customer. And they call themselves a luxury brand. BMW anyone? Sounds good to me. (We did buy one, and their service and warranty coverage is much more customer oriented (better).)
Old 02-20-14, 04:45 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Encountered this problem again last nite with my 2011 CT200h.

Got in my car at home to drive to another suburb and during the drive I e I was able to make a call using my speed dials.

Arrived at my destination and parked my car. Coming back to the car I noticed all my contacts & speed dials had disappears