ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   IS 350 AWD Can someone help me look at the dealer's offers (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/605628-is-350-awd-can-someone-help-me-look-at-the-dealers-offers.html)

lilsunflow 11-29-11 07:19 PM

IS 350 AWD Can someone help me look at the dealer's offers

Hi, I am 25 year old girl/woman(?) trying to buy a car on my own and I am not sure if the deals I got over phone call is good. so please help.

I am looking for a 2012 IS350 AWD with luxury plus package+ intuitive parking in star fire pearl yay;)!!
The quote I got from the dealer near me is
2012 model with luxury plus plus parking assist

45466+taxes and fee

2011 model luxury plus but NO PARKING ASSIST
41357+taxes and fee

consider the parking assist is 500 dollars, I am getting 3500 additional discount on a 2011 model

Can someone please tell me if either price I got was good? Is it worth to get a 2011 brand new car w/o parking assist for 3500 discount?

The dealer told me the old difference between 2011 and 2012 is the color of a button, is he telling me the truth?

And in addition, what price should I aim at if I will get it before end of the year? And what extra stuff they normally throw in?

Thanks!!!

Samieee 11-29-11 07:48 PM

I can't comment on 2012, only for 2011. For your comparison, I recently picked up a 2011 IS 350 F-Sport package (RWD) with nav for 41k. Toyota has a 2k rebate for 2011 models so that was applied towards the down payment. I basically got it for 39k. Did the dealer tell you about the rebate? If not, definitely ask them. You can go lower than 41k for the 2011 model you looked at

nosurprise 11-29-11 08:08 PM

Do you get nav and Mark Levinson system? The price for AWD is little more than the RWD version. When I was looking for my car, I gone to edmunds.com to see the invoice and MSRP on the options and car -- but I think you should be able to get lower than "true market value" price the site shows.

Right now Lexus has these incentives 1.9% APR, $3000 cash rebate that applies to 2011 ($1000 customer + $2000 dealer).

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/...ncentives.html

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/2011/

lilsunflow 11-29-11 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Samieee (Post 6852419)
I can't comment on 2012, only for 2011. For your comparison, I recently picked up a 2011 IS 350 F-Sport package (RWD) with nav for 41k. Toyota has a 2k rebate for 2011 models so that was applied towards the down payment. I basically got it for 39k. Did the dealer tell you about the rebate? If not, definitely ask them. You can go lower than 41k for the 2011 model you looked at

Thanks for your reply! RWD is fun, unfortunately I live in a region where it gets rainy and slushy in winter. No the dealer only told me about the loyalty discount, which does not even apply to me. I think this discount only applies to three types of ppl
1. young kids who live with parents
2. married rich couples
3. luxury car collectors....

Anyway, I called over 10 dealers and none of them mentioned this to me. The discount I got from the dealers are: 2000 off MSRP, 2900 somewhat money they can spend toward lexus, 2*$500 closing coupon.
The invoice prive I found online is about 3.5k-4.5k from the MSRP, since toyota is giving rebate and stuff, should I lower it by additional 3k?

and how much more than their invoice I should pay? girls should never be assigned to buy cars. =(

hmmmm velly velly confused:uh::uh:

lilsunflow 11-29-11 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by nosurprise (Post 6852474)
Do you get nav and Mark Levinson system? The price for AWD is little more than the RWD version. When I was looking for my car, I gone to edmunds.com to see the invoice and MSRP on the options and car -- but I think you should be able to get lower than "true market value" price the site shows.

Right now Lexus has these incentives 1.9% APR, $3000 cash rebate that applies to 2011 ($1000 customer + $2000 dealer).

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/...ncentives.html

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/2011/

Hi, I asked for the navigation but I am not sure Mark Levinson system is included automatically. how much more I should pay than their invoice price? and do you think the price of 2011 will drop in 2012? is it worth it to get 2011 instead of 2012?

nosurprise 11-29-11 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the website, there's no changes from 2011 to 2012, so the dealer is probably right. I would get the 2011 to save $3000, but some might not like a older year. With that price, it most likely doesn't have the Mark Levinson system. You probably have these options on the screenshot. You can play with the options with the link. http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/...tyle=101352209

The invoice with those options is about ~$42,000 from my location. But with $3,000 rebate, the true cost/invoice in which the dealer won't make any money is $39,000. Even that is not entirely true, because dealers/salesman get quotas that they can meet to get bonuses for selling a certain number of cars, so if they need to sell you 1 more car to get the quota bonus, they might discount to lower than the invoice -- these quotas are monthly or yearly, so it's generally consider good time to buy towards the end of the month.

The invoice number you can work as a baseline, as to how much more/less you can pay, you will have to negotiate ... If the $41,357 is the dealer's first offer, you should get it lower. You can try calling different dealers to see if you can get a better deal.

Without knowing more, I would be happy with $39k and ok with $40k, $41 if nothing else is available and I need a car :-)

lilsunflow 11-30-11 09:19 AM

Hiiii
Thank you thank you so much for your reply~~:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I think I will get 2012 because I want parking assist, enjoyed driving with it on my parents' car and they loved it too, but the 2011 model they have does not have it installed.

I checked the website and it says true market price is $46,048 and the quote I got is $46,466. Their invoice is $43,037.
Do you know if toyota is giving any discount on the 2012 model?

Should I go further with the bargaining? and what else should I ask them to throw in? service? accessory?
Thank you thank you so much :woohoo::p

Originally Posted by nosurprise (Post 6852642)
From the website, there's no changes from 2011 to 2012, so the dealer is probably right. I would get the 2011 to save $3000, but some might not like a older year. With that price, it most likely doesn't have the Mark Levinson system. You probably have these options on the screenshot. You can play with the options with the link. http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/is-350/...tyle=101352209

The invoice with those options is about ~$42,000 from my location. But with $3,000 rebate, the true cost/invoice in which the dealer won't make any money is $39,000. Even that is not entirely true, because dealers/salesman get quotas that they can meet to get bonuses for selling a certain number of cars, so if they need to sell you 1 more car to get the quota bonus, they might discount to lower than the invoice -- these quotas are monthly or yearly, so it's generally consider good time to buy towards the end of the month.

The invoice number you can work as a baseline, as to how much more/less you can pay, you will have to negotiate ... If the $41,357 is the dealer's first offer, you should get it lower. You can try calling different dealers to see if you can get a better deal.

Without knowing more, I would be happy with $39k and ok with $40k, $41 if nothing else is available and I need a car :-)

Tasty 11-30-11 09:37 AM

Only the IS250 come in AWD

Joeb427 11-30-11 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tasty (Post 6853433)

Not true.
'11 & '12 IS350 have an AWD option.

lilsunflow 11-30-11 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tasty (Post 6853433)

Hi Tasty, you are not the first one who point this out. I think this AWD is a new option that recently came out. I am pretty sure the one I am looking at is AWD because dealers in my region do not carry many RWD:D

lilsunflow 11-30-11 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Joeb427 (Post 6853440)
Not true.
'11 & '12 IS350 have an AWD option.

Thanks for your explanation. :) Tungsten Pearl is a nice color. Is black the interior color or you painted the body black? do you have a picture of your car that I can look at?:p

nosurprise 11-30-11 03:49 PM

Yes, parking assist would be nice. I always worry when parking my car; I started using little trick of looking at where the bottom edge of the mirror meets the body to judge the distance.

What happen to the original 45,466+taxes and fee you posted? Make sure you ask about their documentation fee (this should be the only dealer fee). There are no cash rebates for 2012, but the APR offer is 0.9% (1% lower is probably worth around ~$1,500 depending on financing terms).

You should bargain if that's the salesman's first offer. You should give other dealers a call to see if there are better deals. Even if you absolutely want the color, check other cars with the same options from other dealers to negotiate. The first service is free -- you can try to get some free services, not sure about other accessories, but dealers always like to brag about free floor mats :p

itruns 11-30-11 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by lilsunflow (Post 6853400)
Hiiii
Thank you thank you so much for your reply~~:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I think I will get 2012 because I want parking assist, enjoyed driving with it on my parents' car and they loved it too, but the 2011 model they have does not have it installed.

I checked the website and it says true market price is $46,048 and the quote I got is $46,466. Their invoice is $43,037.
Do you know if toyota is giving any discount on the 2012 model?

Should I go further with the bargaining? and what else should I ask them to throw in? service? accessory?
Thank you thank you so much :woohoo::p

The rebate funds are through Lexus, not Toyota.. although Toyota is the parent company the source of the funds and the incentives are quite different. The incentives are $2000 for the dealer to use to discount the car and $1000 either loyalty cash for existing Lexus owners or "conquest cash" if you currently own one of listed premium cars. (they did this in response to Mercedes and BMW offering large additional discounts to current Lexus owners, trying to grab market share this past spring/summer when Lexus had very limited inventory to offer.
A strong guide to current costs in your area besides Edmunds is "truecar.com" although they often get the details wrong, they track whatever car you enter.. is actually selling for in your area. How accurate the results are, is based mainly on how accurately you enter the data.
Most internet forums do not read all the details.. they just throw out what they paid… which could be quite different from what they would have to pay for the car you are looking at.

itruns 11-30-11 04:17 PM

And I would expect very few 2011 IS350 left in 2012... they are far more rare than the IS250's

Sango 11-30-11 04:49 PM

Have you considered only RWD version of what you wanted? Get to have the better aggressive stance on teh car if you went this way.