ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   2011 Headlights with the AFS? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/604134-2011-headlights-with-the-afs.html)

RDIS250AWD 11-20-11 11:37 PM

2011 Headlights with the AFS?

can anybody confirm if this is legit. just thought I would check how much the 2011 headlights go for nowadays and came across this on ebay. seller claims that the AFS will work on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-2011-I...#ht_1629wt_952

Sango 11-20-11 11:44 PM

The title sounds confusing. Futher down the listing, it saids there are known issues with AFS. Pretty much the answer is no, AFS will not work.

RDIS250AWD 11-20-11 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sango (Post 6834872)
The title sounds confusing. Futher down the listing, it saids there are known issues with AFS. Pretty much the answer is no, AFS will not work.

yeah I saw that along with the modification flasher assembly then the part number. so I was confused. I wasn't sure if recently there was a way to get around it and someone on here may have done it? I wanna get the 2011 headlights but I don't think sacrificing the AFS is worth it. Also from my understanding the LED runs at a lower power when the headlights come on. I wonder if theres a way around that to keep it running bright at all times

Sango 11-20-11 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD (Post 6834880)
yeah I saw that along with the modification flasher assembly then the part number. so I was confused. I wasn't sure if recently there was a way to get around it and someone on here may have done it? I wanna get the 2011 headlights but I don't think sacrificing the AFS is worth it. Also from my understanding the LED runs at a lower power when the headlights come on. I wonder if theres a way around that to keep it running bright at all times

I believe there is a way. One member figure it out in here if I recall correclty.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...led-strip.html

Jeff Lange 11-21-11 09:05 AM

LED Headlights do not have AFS, they do have auto leveling.

Jeff

iRock 11-21-11 09:41 AM

The AFS is aight doesent help much if any. It would be nice if we could have both. BUT we can't so I'm happy with new lights. Looks much better.

JoshIS408 11-21-11 10:52 AM

I can confirm AFS light will blink. You need to do some modifications in order to get it to stop blinking

Sango 11-21-11 10:57 AM

To stop the blink doesn't necessary a true fix as the system itself thinks there is an issue - unless that can be modified (which has not been done), then otherwise. Get a 2011+ car with the lights... done!

Joe Z 11-21-11 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by JoshIS408 (Post 6835683)
I can confirm AFS light will blink. You need to do some modifications in order to get it to stop blinking

Yes it involves black tape... LOL :D

~ Joe Z

Joe Z 11-21-11 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sango (Post 6835696)
To stop the blink doesn't necessary a true fix as the system itself thinks there is an issue - unless that can be modified (which has not been done), then otherwise. Get a 2011+ car with the lights... done!

What true fix are you looking for?? :uh:

The light that blinks on the lower left corner is just an indicator light...

If you turn your AFS system to OFF, the light is there to say that "AFS OFF" and remains on all the time solid, with out blinking.

The Blinking "AFS OFF" light is another indicator showing that the system is not completing its circuit due to the lack of an AFS motor or wiring in the 2011 + Headlight housings.

~ Joe Z

Joe Z 11-21-11 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD (Post 6834880)

Do you live on very dark roads with lots of turns?? :confused:

If NO, AFS is really not that big of a deal... I have logged over 80K miles of driving with the AFS feature, it really didn't bother me when I lost it.

Originally Posted by Sango (Post 6834890)
I believe there is a way. One member figure it out in here if I recall correclty.

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

^^ The above thread covers lots of stuff.... Be sure to ready my informative posts in it...

~ Joe Z :D

JoshIS408 11-21-11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Z (Post 6836104)
Yes it involves black tape... LOL :D

~ Joe Z

:thumbup: ;) , but please do it behind the cluster so it doesn't look out of place. (Open up the cluster, block where there light would be emitted with black tape)

Originally Posted by Joe Z (Post 6836142)
Do you live on very dark roads with lots of turns?? :confused:

If NO, AFS is really not that big of a deal... I have logged over 80K miles of driving with the AFS feature, it really didn't bother me when I lost it.

^^ The above thread covers lots of stuff.... Be sure to ready my informative posts in it...

~ Joe Z :D

I too really did not notice the AFS. To me it seems the same. Maybe its becuase i dont do alot of high speed pure darkness driving to see where the lights are moving.

Sango 11-21-11 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Z (Post 6836118)
What true fix are you looking for?? :uh:

The light that blinks on the lower left corner is just an indicator light...

If you turn your AFS system to OFF, the light is there to say that "AFS OFF" and remains on all the time solid, with out blinking.

The Blinking "AFS OFF" light is another indicator showing that the system is not completing its circuit due to the lack of an AFS motor or wiring in the 2011 + Headlight housings.

~ Joe Z

Oh sorry, I mean the AFS OFF ahah ha! Now if there was a way to modify it such that it can be on position and not blink and therefore have no indicators.

JPastor 12-11-18 04:07 PM

2011 IS250 Headlights with the AFS?

Hi Jeff! Do you know if any of the 2011 IS series came equipwith AFS?

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange (Post 6835427)
LED Headlights do not have AFS, they do have auto leveling.

Jeff

Jeff Lange 12-12-18 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JPastor (Post 10381479)
Hi Jeff! Do you know if any of the 2011 IS series came equipwith AFS?

In some other countries you could still get AFS headlights for 2011+ models (without the LED strip). None of the North American models had AFS after 2010.

Jeff