3 digit code credit card verification? *International Buyer*

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-11, 11:14 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy 3 digit code credit card verification? *International Buyer*

Hi Everybody..

OK i bought the D4S replacement bulbs from iJDMToy; did the online payment and filled out all my credit card details. I also got the purchase confirmation that i bought the bulbs. Now, later on i get a mail from them asking me to fill up a form for security measures since i am a International Buyer. (i live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates) No problem in filling the form but in it they asked for my credit card identification number ( the last three digit at the back of the card).

i called them up and said i have filled up the form but without giving out my security code. They said unless they get the document with all the details they will not process my shipment. So i want your suggestion.. what should i do? i am thinking of asking for a refund...

If i give out the Security code then they can use it later on and take out how much ever money they want... :-(

To my UAE peeps especially have you guys bought anything from iJDMToy and had to go throught this process ??
Old 11-04-11, 11:21 AM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont many if not all purchases with a credit card require the 3 digit security code? I think your safe. That company isnt shady either.
Old 11-04-11, 11:32 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

@ sleekbrian: true that all purchase do.. if we are buying it online and on a secured window. i have finished all that.. They are asking me to give them in written my card number, its expiration date, card holder name all of which is ok. But why should i give them my security code ???
Old 11-04-11, 12:00 PM
birador
Lead Lap

if your not comfortable giving the 3 digit security code of your credit card,just refund your payment-most or all of the company dealing/selling online required customers/buyers to have the security code when purchasing online including all the info on the card-that's what they call signature online,that's the way to make sure that you have the actual credit card that you want to use in purchasing,when you go to department store or i mean buying or paying some items personally,they ask for your signature,it's the same process but the only different is your not present on the store,
Old 11-04-11, 12:10 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ya I don't really see what the issue is. Most if not all companies require that 3 digit security code for online purchases. If they were looking to use the credit card without your auth they could do it based on the info you already provided anyway if they really wanted to.
Old 11-04-11, 12:32 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Thanks for the input guys.. But frankly i am not so comfortable giving the 3 digit security code so i asked for a refund.
Old 11-04-11, 12:34 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ha Ha

So if you will not provide the 3 digit code to validate the credit card#, how will the vendor & Payment processor be certain that you are not using a stolen card#?

Catch 22.
Old 11-04-11, 04:10 PM
HIDness
Driver

Originally Posted by chikoo
Ha Ha

So if you will not provide the 3 digit code to validate the credit card#, how will the vendor & Payment processor be certain that you are not using a stolen card#?

Catch 22.
totally right......I ordered 5 things from 5 different vendors on here over the phone and they always ask for the 3 digit behind the CC. I give it to them and I always get an email confirmation within 24hrs and it show the correct amount that we both agreed on over the phone.

You will be fine, just check make sure you get a copy of a order confirmation.
Old 11-04-11, 05:41 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

a lot of online shopping require the last three digit of the back of the card....iz just "a policy"?
Old 11-04-11, 06:24 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read this:

https://www.bphope.com/cvv.htm

I'd say if you trust iJDMToy, just go for it. If you don't, then don't.

I'm sorry this is not IS related, neither a vendor in the forum, I have to lock this.