IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

BBS LM Reps/styles on ISx50

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-11, 03:27 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I surely didn't buy my Lexus bcuz of the quality. I means it's alot better than a ford or Chevy but its no BMW or Bently. All I'm saying is people should be able to buy what they want without having to hear people bad mouth their mods. These forums are designed for people to show their creatively and ask questions. Not for everyone to rock the same wheels. I'm all about saving, especially in this economy. I'm not trying to fight with anyone on this bcuz I know its been discussed several times but like I said in my previous post. To each their own.
Old 11-10-11, 05:02 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
I surely didn't buy my Lexus bcuz of the quality. I means it's alot better than a ford or Chevy but its no BMW or Bently. All I'm saying is people should be able to buy what they want without having to hear people bad mouth their mods. These forums are designed for people to show their creatively and ask questions. Not for everyone to rock the same wheels. I'm all about saving, especially in this economy. I'm not trying to fight with anyone on this bcuz I know its been discussed several times but like I said in my previous post. To each their own.
Yeah, I agree. I mean, I support authentic, but honestly, how many people can afford to fully mod a car rocking authentic? It's a ton of money. I mean, a few replicas for the time being until you can afford the authentic isn't so bad. Like Rasta said - to each his own.
Old 11-10-11, 05:18 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely aside from the rep/auth argument how u gonna put bmw with bentley and way ahead of lexus quality wise...in what terms is a 325 better quality than a is250...
Old 11-10-11, 06:21 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Bimmers are pretty bad quality actually. They fall apart easily on the inside. My sister's old 335i coupe, for instance, fell apart right away. The seat belt thing fell right off and wasn't easy to fix, her rubberized buttons and ***** wore off, and the exhaust would always rattle and sound like junk.
Old 11-10-11, 06:28 PM
dangy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonjon83
i cant believe theres even a thread about replicas... cmon guys u drive a lexus... this is like a thread promoting fakes..
its because u drive a lexus.. and the reason u bought a lexus is cuz of the quality right? so why not put quality wheels and parts in a high quality car... putting fake wheels is liking bringing the quality down... why go cheap.. i understand if it was a honda or scion; but cmon u guys are driving a lexus..
plus supporting these rep wheel companies and part companies are a reason why u see companies like ARC and HKS USA go out of business. I dont kno im just about supporting quality..
Fckyourcrew, Autofashion, JDM EGO, ItsJDMYo!!!, we all support the authentic...
I support Authentic wheels
Old 11-10-11, 10:29 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i find it ironic that an unnamed CL forum member is rocking replica parts (and chiming in this thread) is also the same opponent of replica parts because he drives a self-described "show car".

so indeed, "to each his own."

Originally Posted by LamTheSham
Yeah, I agree. I mean, I support authentic, but honestly, how many people can afford to fully mod a car rocking authentic? It's a ton of money. I mean, a few replicas for the time being until you can afford the authentic isn't so bad. Like Rasta said - to each his own.
if you don't mind buying second-hand authentic wheels, the market for used authentic wheels is larger than you think. just takes some looking around and fortuitous timing.

Originally Posted by dangy
I support Authentic wheels
+1

/leavesthread
Old 11-13-11, 10:53 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its because u drive a lexus.. and the reason u bought a lexus is cuz of the quality right? so why not put quality wheels and parts in a high quality car... putting fake wheels is liking bringing the quality down... why go cheap.. i understand if it was a honda or scion; but cmon u guys are driving a lexus..
plus supporting these rep wheel companies and part companies are a reason why u see companies like ARC and HKS USA go out of business. I dont kno im just about supporting quality..
Fckyourcrew, Autofashion, JDM EGO, ItsJDMYo!!!, we all support the authentic...
Not that I dont support authentic wheels..
I can tell you that most of the nice cars with $2,500+ wheels probably only see the sun 90 days out of the whole 365. I drive my car everyday maybe not 365 but probably at least 350.
when my wheel got curbed (i wasnt the driver) it annoyed the heck outta me looking at it. (1 new wheel =$800, repair=$600). Im not against anyone or anything, my car is a DD, im buying it to drive it not for storage and only out for show. At this point I just wanna get a nice set that I like, I dont care about the value, real, fake, what so ever.
Old 11-14-11, 07:21 AM
sick
Lexus Test Driver

^ Good point I support authentic as well, but i only drive my car on Sunday's if the weathers nice. If i had to park on the street it would be a different story tho.

How many people have $4k+ plus wheels and park on the street? I'm too paranoid to do that, i'd be looking out the window all night, lol.
Old 11-14-11, 12:27 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
i find it ironic that an unnamed cl forum member is rocking replica parts (and chiming in this thread) is also the same opponent of replica parts because he drives a self-described "show car".

So indeed, "to each his own."

what parts do i have that are replica?

Last edited by jonjon83; 11-14-11 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-14-11, 12:42 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
^^this^^+10

Originally Posted by MyIS350G
Not that I dont support authentic wheels..
I can tell you that most of the nice cars with $2,500+ wheels probably only see the sun 90 days out of the whole 365. I drive my car everyday maybe not 365 but probably at least 350.
when my wheel got curbed (i wasnt the driver) it annoyed the heck outta me looking at it. (1 new wheel =$800, repair=$600). Im not against anyone or anything, my car is a DD, im buying it to drive it not for storage and only out for show. At this point I just wanna get a nice set that I like, I dont care about the value, real, fake, what so ever.
^^this also^^

Last edited by Rash; 11-14-11 at 12:51 PM. Reason: post merged
Old 11-14-11, 12:51 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

WHAT PARTS DO I HAVE THAT ARE REPLICA?

- roll call snip -
jon, no need to be defensive - that comment wasn't directed at you.

now, who that comment was directed to?...
Old 11-14-11, 12:58 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright guys, back to the topic.
Old 11-14-11, 01:32 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

More pics please.
Old 11-14-11, 01:46 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
jon, no need to be defensive - that comment wasn't directed at you.

now, who that comment was directed to?...
ok lol.. no hard feelings.. hug!
Old 11-16-11, 06:58 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

More pics....about to get a set for my wifes Scion TC!

Quick Reply: BBS LM Reps/styles on ISx50