Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....Mistake....
Old 10-19-11, 04:13 PM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
Now as the haters stroll in, I'll have to throw in my last few words of course - Another reason for leaving CL (crap like this).

To all the know it all haters:

Money isn't an issue for me. Gas, and my SRT8 is zero problem in the wallet - got it?

My IS350 has been the absolute worst car I've owned and has been at the dealership 3 times for major work... MAJOR.

1 - my engine blew and had to be at the dealership for 9 straight working days as they pulled my engine apart and flew a chief mechanic in from CA to work on my car because they have never seen an issue like mine.
2 - my steering rack went - 3 days
3 - oil burning - 2 days

Also on to the mods:
Perhaps you didn't read when I said my IS350 wasn't practical due to "driving so low and on 20's" did you? I've grinded the inner wheel wells down to the point the bolt was missing and had to glue my bumper on.
My 20's cracked twice. Bent 3 times.
3 peiece 360 Forged wheels leaked air in the center seal.... really, just nothing but headaches.
I couldn't drive with anyone in the back seat due to being on BCR coils so low.

So YES - very impractical. I never stated my SRT8 was a better "commuter car"... hell no. Its my fun beast I drive every day because I can afford the gas.

The SRT8 has been a dream so far as well. Nicer ride comfort... A pure mean, nasty beast. 425/420 is truly something nice. Oh and Zero issues so far... and did I mention gas money isn't a problem for me? And FWIW it averages (not highway, but averages) 19.1mpg for me.... mostly highway miles. My IS350 was like 22 / 23mpg.

Thanks for jumping down my throat CL. Nice. I almost expected better.... almost... but then again I got a quick snap back to reality about what CL is like.

Again - farewell.
I don't think anyone was "hating". It just seemed illogical. But now that u explained why, I guess it's logical...to a point I guess since u said money (gas) isn't an issue to u. Have fun with your new ride.
Old 10-19-11, 04:14 PM
ISThree
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't believe you are leaving CL for Dodge Charger SRT8
boooooooo......

jk

good luck with your new ride!
Old 10-19-11, 04:24 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
Na man, car is all parted out and gone. Nothing to sell - sorry.
All good. Good luck on your next project bro
Old 10-19-11, 04:48 PM
Silver10
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The charger is a nice ride but me personally if gas wasn't an issue i would have gone for a new challenger but then again maybe you need two extra doors? Good luck with that hemi.
Old 10-19-11, 04:48 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

damn where was the part out thread !!

a great looking 350, good luck with the charger and post pics
Old 10-19-11, 05:13 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gross... a charger...really?

To each their own I suppose.
Old 10-19-11, 05:57 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Honestly you conveyed the idea that you traded the IS350 in for a SRT8 because you needed a better commuter car. How the hell are we supposed to know gas is like water to you and that wasn't an issue? lol To most people if your commuter car is a Charger SRT8, that IS impractical.

Aside from the unfortunate engine mishaps and the steering wheel rack replacement you had on the 350....Cracking your 360 Forged wheels, wearing down your inner wheel liner to nothing and having the car slammed is all things YOU did to the car to make it an impractical daily driver for a 100 mile commute.

Anyways not trying to hate on you, I respect all Clublexus homies, and no disrespect to you at all, just pointing out why you got comments you didn't like. I have no issue with the Charger SRT8, if you can afford to own one, put the gas in it, service it and all i see no reason for anyone to hate.

Glad that you finally seem to have gotten a car you enjoy tho! Good luck with the SRT8 bro, i hope you have better luck with it then you did with the IS350!

+1 on this, Other then the engine ,and wheel rack you were forced to do, the other things you mentioned could have been avoided, If you were really concerned about seating ppl in the rear, thenr aise your car, if you are annoyed with your wheels, Get 19s or 18s, No1 said you had to run 20s, SO i dont find those reasons viable to hate on a car when you were the one responsible for it.

Other then that have fun with your new car, and i hope The engine dosent blow on you either.
Old 10-19-11, 06:02 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you enjoyed your car. I admired it as I built mine. Don't worry about what people have to say. It's your money and decision. Sorry to hear about your issues with your car at the dealer and I KNOW about being SLAMMED on 20" Forged wheels. There are issues being so low. Anyways, take care and enjoy your new power!
Old 10-19-11, 06:02 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice IS350 you had there! It's good you got a car that you like overall after weighing pros and cons. That's important.
Old 10-19-11, 06:04 PM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

To ALL members posting (including OP), please remember or reference the "Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum" thread before posting:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-is-forum.html

Last edited by mikes rx; 10-19-11 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-19-11, 06:05 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My car was at the dealership for 30 days (heck I lost count). But who cares? I drove newer IS, ES and RX in that time frame, did not pay for toll on the highways ($4 everyday) and my car did not get that extra mileage on.

Anyways, I see you went for a car with a larger cabin. I can understand that it is probably because you were claustrophobic with the IS.
Old 10-19-11, 06:08 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, I am thinking about selling my car too, not to get something more fun, but downgrading to my 10 year old beater lol.

Have fun
Old 10-19-11, 07:02 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
+1 on this, Other then the engine ,and wheel rack you were forced to do, the other things you mentioned could have been avoided, If you were really concerned about seating ppl in the rear, thenr aise your car, if you are annoyed with your wheels, Get 19s or 18s, No1 said you had to run 20s, SO i dont find those reasons viable to hate on a car when you were the one responsible for it.

Other then that have fun with your new car, and i hope The engine dosent blow on you either.
+1

with that said i love ur car and sad to see you go! better luck with ur next ride
Old 10-19-11, 07:04 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sad to see such a clean ride leaving..

Quick Reply: Sickest IS350 Ever! - Farewell CL !