Old 10-15-11, 08:50 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike51O
Fiberglass too? -_-
Yeah, it's FRP fiber glass

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
wow they look good, any link to where u bought them?
06-08: http://nextmod.com/webstore/index.ph...oduct_id=30766
09+: http://nextmod.com/webstore/index.ph...oduct_id=30787

Mine is getting installed and painted right now, I hope it comes out right
Looks good, OP!
Old 10-15-11, 01:33 PM
mike51O
Driver

I bought mine from Nextmodstore on ebay, i just bid on the 135 one they have and waited it out.. save a little bit of money this way

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-06-08-...ht_4484wt_1396
Old 10-28-11, 07:39 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my bodyguy fit it on today after prepping it. It sticks out behind the front bumper at the ends about half an inch on both sides. can you guys post a pic of the ends right in front of the tire?
Old 10-28-11, 07:46 AM
istundra
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mike51O
AVS visors
i can so tell AVS now because it sinks in the middle.

I'm saving up some $ for JDM.
Old 10-28-11, 07:48 AM
Worbit
Driver School Candidate

Just a small warning to those who are looking to buy stuff from NextMod. I had a terrible experience with them when buying a front lip for my Mazdaspeed3 and I would use caution if you're thinking about buying stuff from them as well. I wish I could post a link to the thread I made that has photos and what not, but since I'm so new the forum will not allow me to link to a URL. If any of you are looking to buy something from them and wish to see my thread, feel free to drop my a PM.......

*EDIT*

Lets see if I can cut & paste my thread.......

I originally started a thread over at MAZDASPEEEDFORUMS.org about my experience with NextMod and how they handle themselves when a customer is not happy about the quality of their products. Take a look below at the pictures that I've posted......

I was super excited when I got into work and saw a big *** package waiting for me. Sadly, that excitement disappeared the moment I opened up the box and saw how shotty the work was on the rear lip extension and front lip for the Mazdaspeed3. Read on...

=======================================================

Nextmod front lip and rear spoiler lip

I hate to say this, but the quality of Nextmod's parts are pretty weak. This **** looks used too....

I'm currently in talks with NextMod to get a small refund due to the shotty job that was done to create these. I'm just waiting on my Nikkor lens to come in the mail today so I can take some really good high res pictures of the pieces and put them on the car for more pix to show that it doesnt fit just right.

03/15/11

well, im currently in talks with nextmod about getting a small refund for the shotty work. They want me to snap pictures and everything which I have to do later on today. Take a look at the following response I got from NextMod this morning......

Originally Posted by NextMod
we test fit each piece for the MS3 before we shipped out

some small sanding and such would be needed before paint but thats the nature of FRP

and we did already give you a shipping discount for combine shipping

do you have pictures of what the bad fitment piece. or have the lip installed on the car and show us how it doesnt fit that would be great

thanks, I have never had a problem with the front lip.
some small sanding? HA! I need to sand the whole damn thing due to how rough the edges are.......

==============================================================================================================

03/15/11

Time for high rez pictures.......

the cuts all look like this

pix on the car

pictures of the spoiler lip (this fits pretty good for the most part)

==============================================================================================================

03/16/11

Look at the response I got from nextmod today......

Originally Posted by nextmod

Dear zoomzoomspd6,

you just need to sand down the edge and it will be fine. fitment should be perfect. and if you get a paint job done (those parts are meant to be painted)

you should have no problems with that lip.

due to the nature of Fiberglass, its impossible to makesureitsflawness. how everjust needs a little sanding.

and we gave you a discount on shipping already so we dont have much room. hope you understand

is there anything else you need? maybe I can giveyou a discount on the new item

let me know, I want to work with you but we didnt even make $50 to tell you the truth, shipping alone for that box was $120 from Canada to US

- nextmodstore
I'm still a little annoyed by the fact that they will not issue me a small credit for shotty work. Offering me a discount on another item was a nice gesture, but why would I want to buy more products from someone that clearly sells parts of poor quality? I think at this point he has earned negative feedback as well as me posting some reviews of my experience on the various mazda forums.....ill write him a reply tonight and will post it here

Here is what I wrote to Nextmod.....

Originally Posted by Letter to Nextmod
I'm sorry, but Im not going to accept that I should "understand" that this is fiberglass and it requires sanding. If it requires any sanding at all, then you're sending out product that isnt finished and therefor incomplete. Did you even go to the link I sent you and view the pictures? I feel like im getting brushed off at this point and if this is how you do business I will have no issues with spreading the word for you on the various Mazda forums. Its a shame too because these products could be awesome if only you guys spent a little more time on them.

As for the "discount" I received on the shipping, I dont think that should play a factor in any favors you've done for me. If it costs $120 to ship the items, then why not charge $120? you're auction clearly states that it costs $79.99 for the front lip. Adding that rear spoiler lip couldnt have caused the shipping price to jump up another $40. It doesnt weight that much and even if I bought just the front lip, you would have used the same size box. If you ended up having to pay more for shipping but only ask for a certain amount in your auctions then thats all on you and not me.

Anyways, I feel that my frustration has been expressed and the ball is in your court now. I still feel that a small refund of $50 will cover the hassle I now have ahead of me to get these pieces prep. for painting. Let me know what you want to do....

-Keith

03/18/11

Originally Posted by NextMod

Dear zoomzoomspd6,

Hey this is Peter from Nextmod, I will take over your case on this issue =)

Yes, thank you for letting us know about the problems. I have already told them about some of the fiberglass issues, and we will be looking into it from now on.

we really cant refund you $50, how ever I am willing to cover you for $30 and a pack of weather strip to make everything look professional and OEM after install

if you are okay with this, please give us a paypal address and your home address and I will cover you right away =)

sorry about some of the flaws on there, I will make sure I talk to my guys in the back.
This was the latest email I got from them. At this point I'm going to cut my losses and take the $30 refund but what the hell am I supposed to do with weather stripping?

So, after all of this its quite clear that NextMod doesnt stand by their crap-happy parts and is honestly not worth the wait/hassle to get and FIX said parts so they work on your car. Learn from my lesson and DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.
Old 10-28-11, 08:02 AM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

damn.... thanks the two the too above for thread jacking@! sorry you can tell what the difference between avs and jdm visors are... and to worbit sorry about your fitment issues. my lip is not that bad at all just sticks out on the ends a little. now lets see those pics! lol
Old 10-28-11, 08:41 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

At least they responded and are trying some don't even respond "/
Old 10-28-11, 09:24 AM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

i got my nextmod front lip on ebay, so when i asked for a partial refund they had no problem doing it because i could have gotten all my money back through paypal....
as far as the avs visors here is a link
http://www.autopartstomorrow.com/components/1505
Old 10-28-11, 12:57 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the nextmod V front lip and side skirts I got for 06-08 had the same bad quality like the pictures Worbit posted. I don't even want to put it on sale here at CL coz they looked just like garbage. I end up shipped them back to Canada (where nextmod located) for refund. Lost big chunk of $$$$ due to expensive shipping cost.
Old 01-08-12, 08:20 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Mashina can u explain why u got a partial refund?

Quick Reply: Nextmod V style front LIP pics