IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

:-( someone hurt my baby! Need help from any fellow New Yorkers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 07:17 AM
MissLexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :-( someone hurt my baby! Need help from any fellow New Yorkers!

So my worst nightmare came true.....someone gouged a nice chunk out of my baby while it was parked :-( and it's not just a little paint scrape its a significant and deep gouge that looks like it needs to be filled in or smoothed over before it can be repainted. Whats even better, I have GFM paint which I know is pretty much impossible to paint and match....so...my questions are, how much of the car would I realistically need to repaint to get a good blended match? About how much can I expect to shell out for that? And for any fellow NYC'ers do you have any recommendations for a good place I can take it for an estimate etc? I am so new here, I am already overwhelmed by the seemingly endless choices when it comes to EVERYTHING here....I don't even know where to begin looking for a reputable auto body shop! Especially since I'm a girl, I feel like some places might try to scam me thinking I won't know the difference. HELP!
Attached Thumbnails :-( someone hurt my baby! Need help from any fellow New Yorkers!-car.jpg  
Old 10-12-11, 07:25 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is no bueno mija! I got side swapped too on my front passenger last year... idiot didn't even stop when he saw me come out around the corner. I don't know any body shops in the city, LI has a few reputable ones, but I have never been to them.... I would just suggest you go and look around .... take a male friend and have him do the talking, if you worried about possible scams...
Old 10-12-11, 08:13 AM
WIZARD1325
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to new york =0) hey at least its not on cinder blocks lol
you just been baptized
Old 10-12-11, 08:36 AM
stanjohn12
Lead Lap

Angry

This is so bad. Sorry to hear about it. Hope the guy/girl who did this burns in hell.
Old 10-12-11, 08:41 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Where is that? Maybe check on Yelp see who has good ratings. Maybe ask the lexus dealer who they use for body work
Old 10-12-11, 08:44 AM
tjschraf
Driver

i would hold off on fixing it, unfortunately, it's only going to happen again is my guess. I bought mine with 18k miles and had damage on every panel (though it was not severe).
Old 10-12-11, 08:51 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Well most cars in NYC are scrapped and chipped thanks to people who can't parallel park to save their own lives...

Karen, right? I remember few months ago someone posted about replacing the the whole bumper assambly was cheaper and better resutls than getting it painted. Again, I don't know how much damage he had, but you might consider that option... I know there are we dudes around here who would do the labor for you no problem

Last edited by GilIS250; 10-12-11 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-12-11, 09:17 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Is that on your front bumper? My GFM was backed into on the front bumper, I took it to the local lexus dealer's body shop and they filled and smoothed the damage and just blended the paint on the bumper and it looked good as new (and I am picky!) It was less than 1k and I had to also have my grill bezel replaced.
Old 10-12-11, 09:21 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not Karen but it does start with a K. I think you should try to look at Sewell Lexus with our discount for a replacement bumper to compare to a body shop repairing and painting. Sorry to see. Get one of those padded things you pull out of your trunk that is like a pillow so nobody hurts your baby.
Old 10-12-11, 09:25 AM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

If you can handle a little drive from NYC Orange County Automotive does great work, alot of high end cars. They repainted my car and it was very good job, paint matched perfect. The shop is very good at what they do and they will easily be able to match your paint.

Just google there name, there located in Pine Island NY.
Old 10-12-11, 09:38 AM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Not Karen but it does start with a K. I think you should try to look at Sewell Lexus with our discount for a replacement bumper to compare to a body shop repairing and painting. Sorry to see. Get one of those padded things you pull out of your trunk that is like a pillow so nobody hurts your baby.
Thanks for pointing that out man.... and you are referring to the rubber bumper things, those are heinous!!! But, rather sacrifice the look for the safety of my car...
Old 10-12-11, 09:48 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wednesday
Is that on your front bumper? My GFM was backed into on the front bumper, I took it to the local lexus dealer's body shop and they filled and smoothed the damage and just blended the paint on the bumper and it looked good as new (and I am picky!) It was less than 1k and I had to also have my grill bezel replaced.
What Lexus dealer did you take it to?
Old 10-12-11, 09:51 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

If you want to drive out to LI, Martino Auto Concepts does good work but it comes with a hefty price tag.
Old 10-12-11, 09:59 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meangene
What Lexus dealer did you take it to?
Lexus of Tampa Bay Collision Center
Old 10-12-11, 10:18 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Ah, "touch-parking" - one of the many things I do NOT miss about living in New York. Depending on which part of the car is damaged, it may be cheaper to replace rather than repair. GFM is not impossible to paint match, you just need to take it to a decent painter who understands blending - coming from the MOST painted GFM car on this forum... Best of luck!

Javier

Quick Reply: :-( someone hurt my baby! Need help from any fellow New Yorkers!