IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Sewell Vent

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 12:21 PM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is why I dont buy from Sewell anymore.
Old 09-27-11, 12:22 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I have paypal account but didn't want to use it. It's ok i find the way to contact them. It's just unlucky case and will not stop me order parts from them unless it happens again on my next order.
Old 09-27-11, 12:24 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

You did include the box in the total weight of the shipment right?

Also, I'm assuming this is FedEx air? A quick search on the site shows a 4lb package going for $54 shipping.
Old 09-27-11, 12:28 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
I have paypal account but didn't want to use it. It's ok i find the way to contact them. It's just unlucky case and will not stop me order parts from them unless it happens again on my next order.
Did they send you a confirmation email? Are you SURE you don't have an account? If you don't have an account, then you didn't get the ClubLexus discount either which means you paid full price..http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...milies/sad.gif
Old 09-27-11, 12:32 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Funny that some of you guys will spend hundreds of dollars on aftermarket parts, spent $20-50k on a car, spend $65 every time you fill up, but when it comes to shipping an extra $1-30 is just UNQUESTIONABLE. Wow

If I were Sewell I wouldn't want your business cause all it would be is a headache.

We should make a DIY for how to order from Sewell! I'm going to get right on it!
Old 09-27-11, 12:37 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dackp143
Funny that some of you guys will spend hundreds of dollars on aftermarket parts, spent $20-50k on a car, spend $65 every time you fill up, but when it comes to shipping an extra $1-30 is just UNQUESTIONABLE. Wow

If I were Sewell I wouldn't want your business cause all it would be is a headache.

We should make a DIY for how to order from Sewell! I'm going to get right on it!

Sort of like the how can I get more MPGs posts.
Buy a Lexus that requires Premium gas and then worry about gaining a mile on the MPGs. .
Old 09-27-11, 12:52 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
My first order with sewell like 2 weeks ago and i still didn't have my package. I emailed them, never got reply. I commented them on face book, not thing back. and there is no number to contact them.
What kind of customer service is that???

I paid direct via my credit card so no paypal involve. They did give me Tracking # but when i click on it, they ask me for account info (i don't have sewell account so how could i track my package).
I call them today see what is going on.
Sewell is a dealership with a really huge parts dept. How can you not figure out how to contact them?

It took my parts two weeks to get to Chicago. And because I ordered the wrong harness I had to send back and wait another week. But every time I have called, had a question or two, the guys there, (though hard to get a hold of) Were nothing but polite and helpful. I will ONLY buy parts from them. The discount alone allows for them to be busy, or take longer to ship. In my mind. Not many dealerships will cut prices that much for a car forum like they do.

+1 in support of Sewell. I for one am glad they are supportive of us. Cut the guys some slack over there.
Attached Thumbnails My Sewell Vent-sewell.jpg  
Old 09-27-11, 02:02 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

I just made a pretty cool DIY for signing up with Sewell Lexus Parts for those of you who seem to be missing the boat on how to do this and TRACK your packages and get the discount.

Take a look!: DIY: How to place an online order and discount from Sewell
Old 09-27-11, 03:10 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dackp143
And??? Oh my Lord people! Then go shop else where! Holy crap, its $30 freakin dollars, not $100
dackp143 I think your logic needs improvement. Your pretty much saying because you drive a 20k-50k car 1-30 dollars is nothing. but you order 2-3 times thats near the big 100 dollars you speak of. Its just like saying anything you order paying a additional 30 dollars for shipping is nothing because you drive a lexus, yeppie for you man. I think you have yourself on a high horse here thinking just because you drive a lexus normal business ethics doesnt apply to you any more. The point of the matter is they are pocketing money they claim to be "shipping". In addition to that if they are accepting money via paypal, they are lying to paypal as well because theres no paypal fee's to them on the "shipping" part of the transaction.

The point of the thread is the un fair pricing of a specific aspect. In addition we have found they have a inconsistent track record with communication with customers (sometimes great service, sometimes subpar, sometimes no service at all). If you agree thats fine, if not there have been many members that have posted in a non abrasive way their opinions un like you.

To address your thing about going to shop elsewhere, I will be. Really this is giving people another perspective about a online vender. A lot of new members join CL every day and its good that they see what others experience with certain venders are before they make a decision to buy from them.
Old 09-27-11, 05:34 PM
shizblam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
everyone stop, OP wasn't talking about the price of Sewells products he was talking about the SHIPPING COSTS~ how a few filters/gaskets/wiperblades that are under 1 pound are being charged 4 pounds in weight~
I'm not saying that Sewell is charging actual shipping costs, because they aren't. But they probably shouldn't.. because there is a labor cost associated with packaging and shipping the item. This cost would have to be figured into either the actual price of the item or shipping of the item. There's a reason it's called a 'shipping and handling' charge.

And I already explained why it would say 4lbs on a 1lb package. The package's dimensional weight was 4 lbs. NOT its actual weight. Sewell was charged for a 4lb package because of the dimensions of the box (I'm wiling to bet because of the wiper blades).

Have you guys ever actually shipped anything or looked at shipping receipts before?

Oh, and anyone who thinks shipping an item isn't that expensive... obviously doesn't ship stuff very often.
Old 09-27-11, 05:57 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Btw, it's shipping and handling. They have to pay somebody to package up and label the products, it doesn't happen by magic because you clicked on a button. Personally, every time I order from Sewell I make sure to add in things I know I will need (filters, gaskets, pads, spark plugs, etc...) on top of the big ticket item I'm ordering. The shipping/handling costs change only marginally and I don't have to pay it again in the future.
Old 09-27-11, 06:46 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

You guys keep saying the same crap over and over. It's geting kind of funny now. If your saying that they will need to hire another worker at $15 an hr. Why would they be charging "handling" on top of that? Hmm to make more money.

I think we can all agree that Sewell has pretty good prices.
There shipping is kind of high.
IMO FedEx and UPS is not charging a big company what they charge us for shipping.

In the end who cares. The guy was just trying to vent about the shipping he paid. Sewll does kind of seem like the Ebay guys that charge $100 for shipping.

BTW: Credit cards are safe to buy with just like paypal. Your not out any money out of pocket. You can always dispute with your credit card company. If youpay with paypal and have it come directly out of your account, your out the money out of pocket till paypal refunds it .

However you can always do the credit card through paypal!
Old 09-27-11, 06:59 PM
shizblam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
You guys keep saying the same crap over and over. It's geting kind of funny now. If your saying that they will need to hire another worker at $15 an hr. Why would they be charging "handling" on top of that? Hmm to make more money.

I think we can all agree that Sewell has pretty good prices.
There shipping is kind of high.
IMO FedEx and UPS is not charging a big company what they charge us for shipping.

In the end who cares. The guy was just trying to vent about the shipping he paid. Sewll does kind of seem like the Ebay guys that charge $100 for shipping.

BTW: Credit cards are safe to buy with just like paypal. Your not out any money out of pocket. You can always dispute with your credit card company. If youpay with paypal and have it come directly out of your account, your out the money out of pocket till paypal refunds it .

However you can always do the credit card through paypal!

Making money is the name of the game after all. They're not here to provide a free service.

I guess the best question is this, would you guys like it better if they charged actual shipping costs, and then added the handing fees into the cost of the item? It's going to be there somewhere, it's more a matter of where they hit you for it.

They choose to do it in the shipping and handling cost because it is easier and requires less man hours than charging actual shipping costs. If they charged actual shipping costs, it would take MORE man hours to weigh packages individually rather than to 'guesstimate'.

And you're right, corporations who do bulk shipping do get discounted rates, but how much of a discount do you think it is? It's not that large. I assure you it's not more than 10-20% regardless of how much you actually ship.

Shipping costs are absurd. I ship items both for my employer (corporate account) and myself at least weekly. We both get raped on shipping costs. I promise.
Old 09-27-11, 07:15 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

At our dealership we use UPS only, not FedEx. We have two accounts with UPS and neither offer any discounts even though we ship regularly each day. Must be nice if someone is getting a discount, UPS laughed at my boss when she asked them about discounts.

Shipping is a rip off, remember folks that my packages arrived in 4 days from order date and I only paid $10 for shipping my goods from Sewell. Not bad!

Remember also if you are over seas (including Hawaii), FedEx now has to drive your package to the airport, pay for it to fly from the US to Hawaii, then pay for it to be loaded again on a truck and delivered. It's now magically warped from TX to HI. The cost of JP5 jet fuel is ridiculous not to mention the cost of each pilots salary. If you want to know the actual costs then call FedEx and give them Sewell's zip code and shipping to your zip code. You will find the REAL costs involved and then the amount that Sewell is "stealing" from it's customers.

Do this and POST the difference. Refer back to previous orders you have done and try and remember the size of the box.

Last edited by dackp143; 09-27-11 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 07:20 PM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by weesped
dackp143 I think your logic needs improvement. Your pretty much saying because you drive a 20k-50k car 1-30 dollars is nothing. but you order 2-3 times thats near the big 100 dollars you speak of. Its just like saying anything you order paying a additional 30 dollars for shipping is nothing because you drive a lexus, yeppie for you man. I think you have yourself on a high horse here thinking just because you drive a lexus normal business ethics doesnt apply to you any more. The point of the matter is they are pocketing money they claim to be "shipping". In addition to that if they are accepting money via paypal, they are lying to paypal as well because theres no paypal fee's to them on the "shipping" part of the transaction.

The point of the thread is the un fair pricing of a specific aspect. In addition we have found they have a inconsistent track record with communication with customers (sometimes great service, sometimes subpar, sometimes no service at all). If you agree thats fine, if not there have been many members that have posted in a non abrasive way their opinions un like you.

To address your thing about going to shop elsewhere, I will be. Really this is giving people another perspective about a online vender. A lot of new members join CL every day and its good that they see what others experience with certain venders are before they make a decision to buy from them.
No, you are simply trying to point out one specific post to make some kind of point. Please re-read what I wrote on page THREE and then reply to that post. Don't try and make it look like I'm some kind of "high and mighty" man that is better than everyone else, I am simpy here to make a point that Sewell's shipping ain't as bad as people are crying about. All I'm saying is that I feel that Sewell's shipping costs are NOT ridiculous as most believe especially when it is 3-5 day shipping.

Again, go back and read and don't sit hear and try to make me look like the bad guy, I am the ONLY one who has even shown proof of Sewell's costs and pricing. In fact, I even sat on the phone today and called other Lexus dealerships to check on prices then posted those prices.

Quick Reply: My Sewell Vent