IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

GFX Rear Lip on 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-11, 08:15 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^
I would have to disagree because this design was out since 2011. The "F-Sport" one is designed to match that of the F-Sport package vehicles.

The JDM rear which you're I believe you are referring to is also available from Lexus Japan as well, which is also a 2011 design which you can see here. Just like similar to the "F-Sport" one, it is part of a set and cannot be purchased individually.

Originally Posted by Lexus Japan

本来の機能である空力性能の向上を実現したエアロパーツセットです。高速走行時、車体を浮き上がらせようとする空気の力(CL値)を減少させ、直進走行や、レーンチェンジなどにおける操縦安定性を高めました。また、ボディが持つ豊かな曲面や美しいラインの流れをより鮮やかに演出。リヤバンパースポイラーと一体となり、スポーティな印象を与える専用のマフラーカッターも付属しています。

The aero parts set with improved aerodynamic performance is a function of nature. At high speeds, air force trying to lift the body (the CL) reduce, driving straight and, for improved handling and stability in such a lane change. In addition, the production flow lines more vivid with rich and beautiful curved body. Be integrated with rear bumper spoiler, muffler cutter also comes with its own sporty impression. - Using google translate!

Notice the F-Sport one looks different.

Originally Posted by Lexus Japan

F SPORTの空力性能をさらに高めるエアロパーツ。スポーティさを鮮烈に印象づけます

Aero parts to further enhance the aerodynamic performance of the F SPORT. To impress the sporting spectacular - Using google translate!

Last edited by Sango; 12-02-11 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-02-11, 09:15 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ The rear lips (silver car vs. black car in your pictures above) both look the same to me. Or is the color of the dark car making it hard to see the difference with the silver one? I was thinking the same thing as langjaykev that this was the one available since 2009.
Old 12-02-11, 09:53 AM
Sango
Pole Position

^
The curve lines, accent and shape is slightly different - I can see them fine. Maybe your monitor is not calibrated properly?

GFX

JDM Rear

JDM F-Sport Rear

Last edited by Sango; 12-02-11 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-02-11, 11:42 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone on this forum ave this jdm rear lip?
Old 12-02-11, 01:15 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but isnt the rear lip for this supposedly "fsport 2011" model the same as this thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-rear-lip.html

? maybe the front lip is the different from the actualy f sport package.
the side skirts look the same too, and also the rear trunk spoiler is just the oem trunk spoiler that comes on all 2is's
Old 12-02-11, 06:22 PM
Wunko
Racer

Originally Posted by Sango
^
The curve lines, accent and shape is slightly different - I can see them fine. Maybe your monitor is not calibrated properly?
I tried looking on two different monitors and upping the brightness. I just might not be seeing it carefully enough. Wish we could translate the Japanese in the JPG image itself. I know there is the 2009+ rear lip and I assumed it stayed the same since but I didn't know they made a F-Sport one for 2011.

Anyways, hopefully you can get ahold of the F-Sport rear lip and it'd be great to what it looks like your on IS!

Last edited by Wunko; 12-02-11 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-02-11, 07:14 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by langjaykev
but isnt the rear lip for this supposedly "fsport 2011" model the same as this thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-rear-lip.html

? maybe the front lip is the different from the actualy f sport package.
the side skirts look the same too, and also the rear trunk spoiler is just the oem trunk spoiler that comes on all 2is's
Seems to look like that one. I was looking at the 08 and it didn't have those lines which look similar to the JDM one. Just curious are the 09 rear's factory painted? If not, then would not say the same because JDM's is factory painted.

The F-Sport rear and side is slighlty different.

Originally Posted by Wunko
I tried looking on two different monitors and upping the brightness. I just might not be seeing it carefully enough. Wish we could translate the Japanese in the JPG image itself. I know there is the 2009+ rear lip and I assumed it stayed the same since but I didn't know they made a F-Sport one for 2011.

Anyways, hopefully you can get ahold of the F-Sport rear lip and it'd be great to what it looks like your on IS!
Oh the 09 one, yeah seems to look similar to JDM. I was thinking 08 and it's like no, not the same!

F-Sport one, didn't know either, but it has that unique curve thing in the back. As for the F-Sport side, seems to look like it has a more aggressive accent to the JDM side. Not sure how it compares to GFX's side.

For one thing, the JDM pieces are factory painted.
Old 12-02-11, 07:38 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Seems to look like that one. I was looking at the 08 and it didn't have those lines which look similar to the JDM one. Just curious are the 09 rear's factory painted? If not, then would not say the same because JDM's is factory painted.

The F-Sport rear and side is slighlty different.

Oh the 09 one, yeah seems to look similar to JDM. I was thinking 08 and it's like no, not the same!

F-Sport one, didn't know either, but it has that unique curve thing in the back. As for the F-Sport side, seems to look like it has a more aggressive accent to the JDM side. Not sure how it compares to GFX's side.

Not sure since no one ever found where to get em lol. not sure if its worth 2k for the whole kit.. which nearly looks the same as the gfx kit..

fsport splitters 230, gfx sides are about 120-200? and rear lip can range from 160-300ish depnding on color.
Old 12-02-11, 07:50 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Not sure since no one ever found where to get em lol. not sure if its worth 2k for the whole kit.. which nearly looks the same as the gfx kit..

fsport splitters 230, gfx sides are about 120-200? and rear lip can range from 160-300ish depnding on color.
I found where to get them, happen to be one of the forum vendor(s) here - had to ask them directly since this is not listed on their site.

Last edited by Sango; 12-02-11 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-02-11, 08:17 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

I found where to get them, happen to be one of the forum vendor(s) here - had to ask them directly since this is not listed on their site.
please post pic's of the rear when you do get it then! only part im interested in :P since the rest is almost the same if not the same haha
Old 12-02-11, 09:11 PM
Wunko
Racer

My mistake... I think I was mixing up what you were talking about. LOL I probably should've used the "JDM rear", "JDM F-Sport rear" and "GFX rear" in my previous post.

Yes, the GFX rear (Rastaracer's garage photo) is obviously different from the JDM rear and JDM F-Sport rear. (At least I know this for sure!) I definitely see the difference here since there's no curves/wavy lines on the GFX rear. The JDM rear (Lexus Japan silver car picture) and JDM F-Sport rear (Lexus Japan black car picture) look quite similar to me but it looks like you're able to spot the differences. I guess the JDM rear and JDM F-Sport rear were never available in the USA like you said; we only got the GFX stuff which is now discontinued.

Last edited by Wunko; 12-02-11 at 09:17 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 12-03-11, 01:21 AM
Sango
Pole Position

please post pic's of the rear when you do get it then! only part im interested in :P since the rest is almost the same if not the same haha
I won't be be getting them until sometime early during the new year. I have some other plans first before I do that but was getting ducks in a row what to do and when, but at least I know it is possible I can get the F-Sport rear and side.

Originally Posted by Wunko
My mistake... I think I was mixing up what you were talking about. LOL I probably should've used the "JDM rear", "JDM F-Sport rear" and "GFX rear" in my previous post.

Yes, the GFX rear (Rastaracer's garage photo) is obviously different from the JDM rear and JDM F-Sport rear. (At least I know this for sure!) I definitely see the difference here since there's no curves/wavy lines on the GFX rear. The JDM rear (Lexus Japan silver car picture) and JDM F-Sport rear (Lexus Japan black car picture) look quite similar to me but it looks like you're able to spot the differences. I guess the JDM rear and JDM F-Sport rear were never available in the USA like you said; we only got the GFX stuff which is now discontinued.
The JDM rear and JDM F-sport rear has that curve like shape style around the corner which the JDM does not, which was how I could tell. Also notice the curve is slightly different going around the exhaust as well.
Old 12-03-11, 02:18 PM
Wunko
Racer

The JDM rear and JDM F-sport rear has that curve like shape style around the corner which the JDM does not, which was how I could tell. Also notice the curve is slightly different going around the exhaust as well.
Oh ok. I'm now entirely clear on what you mean by the differences now! It wasn't my monitors afterall. Heh.
Old 12-17-11, 12:20 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

finally got the gfx rear on my car!! Thanks of the help from another CL member here :P!!
talk about a life saver from drilling or even selling this rear lip!! thanks again!

all tape! fitment is spot on! it was amazing watching this go on so perfectly.

Best picture i could get, will take more pictures later on
Old 12-17-11, 01:07 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Anyone find additional info on that "jdm" rear bumper lip?

Quick Reply: GFX Rear Lip on 2011