IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

So..whos been through a hit and run..chime in please

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-11, 11:08 PM
All4sho350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So..whos been through a hit and run..chime in please

Soo...i parked at the mall...went off site and came back to pick up my car..and found this...

i called my ins and the police(for report) and mall security filled incident report as well...this was at 3am LOL

When i got back to my car i jumped in and then noticed my passenger side window was folded...went outside my car to unfold it and it felt weird as my hand was touching it..felt like scuffed (of course missing paint was what it was)..then i looked down and my jaw dropped...i did a quick run around with my flashlight along with my buddies..thank god that NOTHING happened to my custom rear nor passenger fender..just door damaged..

so anyone have this same type of damage? costs to fix over claiming ins? this was a HIT and RUN and i intend to have the police request for the camera footage so i can see who hit me and maybe avoid this all coming out of my pocket..

feedback will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

~Jerry
Old 08-21-11, 11:22 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow sorry to see that bro, ins should take care of it, try to get the security footage the mall security should have it.
Old 08-21-11, 11:40 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lucky the person only hit the door ...

Insurance should take care of it.... and security footage + police report should defiantly help. You should NOT have to pay anything!
Old 08-22-11, 12:20 AM
felixsc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car was hit in a parking lot last month - unfortunately I had no cameras or police report for my aid. Geico determined the claim as not-at-fault and I only had to pay the $500 deductible. Shouldn't have to pay anything but that's life.
Old 08-22-11, 12:48 AM
Legend217
Driver

whether it is your fault or not, the insurance company will try to increase your monthly payment when you renew it. I got a ticket for holding the phone ($166) and the insurance increased a couple $.
Old 08-22-11, 01:47 AM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^thats not so true. It depends on what insurance plan and company you have but in this case it shouldnt increase because you are not at fault. I can see how the above situation increased is because it was a moving violation. Anyways sorry to see you got hit, it always sucks trying to fix something when your not at fault. GL with the fix.
Old 08-22-11, 03:38 AM
AtlantaGuy
Rookie

Originally Posted by All4sho350
Soo...i parked at the mall...went off site and came back to pick up my car..and found this...

i called my ins and the police(for report) and mall security filled incident report as well...this was at 3am LOL

When i got back to my car i jumped in and then noticed my passenger side window was folded...went outside my car to unfold it and it felt weird as my hand was touching it..felt like scuffed (of course missing paint was what it was)..then i looked down and my jaw dropped...i did a quick run around with my flashlight along with my buddies..thank god that NOTHING happened to my custom rear nor passenger fender..just door damaged..

so anyone have this same type of damage? costs to fix over claiming ins? this was a HIT and RUN and i intend to have the police request for the camera footage so i can see who hit me and maybe avoid this all coming out of my pocket..

feedback will be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance

~Jerry

"noticed my passenger side window was folded...went outside my car to unfold it"

How the hell do you "fold" a window?
Old 08-22-11, 03:44 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy
"noticed my passenger side window was folded...went outside my car to unfold it"

How the hell do you "fold" a window?
C'mon, I'm sure you know he meant passenger side-view mirror.
Old 08-22-11, 06:26 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Insurance will cover it, you'll be okay, minus the deductible...

I had a small hit and run a few years ago on my IS. I dont even know when/where it happened. I left work early to go out of town, made a few small stops and saw it when i arrived at my destination (it was clearly on the passenger side). Just filed the claim along with a Texas Blue Form (it acts as a police report since i didnt have one).

Good luck, you'll get her fixed and back lookin right
Old 08-22-11, 06:58 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was involved in a hit and run last year, somebody hit my trunk and shattered my passenger tail light and messed up the trunk and rear quarter panel real bad. My Insurance covered it and I didn't have to place a police report at all.

All Cost about 4K$ with 500$ deductible. All worked out and I got some new tails instead of OEM.

GL
Old 08-22-11, 07:35 AM
mikeho
Lead Lap

I noticed that problems with drunk drivers usually occur past 1 or 2 am, so I'm usually not out then. Or if I am, I'm not driving.
Old 08-22-11, 08:16 AM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Legend217
whether it is your fault or not, the insurance company will try to increase your monthly payment when you renew it. I got a ticket for holding the phone ($166) and the insurance increased a couple $.
If you have security footage ins will not increase if it not your fault. A ticket will def increase your premium.
Old 08-22-11, 10:00 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

My other car was involved in a hit and run recently. Car was parked right in front of my house and someone had backed into the front of my car and left the front bumper on the floor. Luckily there were no damages to the head lights or engine.
Called up my insurance company, got my car in an approved shop the next day, insurance covered the car rental while my car was being fixed. Paid $500 deductible and spoke to my insurance rep and she stated my rates will not increase.
Old 08-22-11, 12:18 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately, most of the time in a hit and run situation unless there's a clear image of the license plate or you actually saw it happen and got some sort of useful information, its hard to catch the driver of the other car. Your insurance should cover it, you'll be out the deductible of course but its better than having a smashed car. Good luck and hope you can track down the offender!
Old 08-22-11, 12:24 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

sorry to see it. Hope your deductible is $500

Quick Reply: So..whos been through a hit and run..chime in please