kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

why dont you get your fiancee a family car? LOL
Old 07-26-11, 09:59 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do have to sell it, buy the RX, keep it in the Lexus family.
Old 07-26-11, 10:05 AM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can fit a family in yours. She can't fit a family in hers. You need to trade your car in "for the family". Double standards much?
Old 07-26-11, 10:10 AM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^WIN^ If she won't let her's go why should you let your's go? Fair question right??? Get a damn 08 CRV or something and be over with it... 26k.. almost makes me want to sell my is250 to buy yours!!!
Old 07-26-11, 10:23 AM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

trade in your fiance...

im not in your situation but if my fiance has an z06 and wouldnt part with it and forces you to part with yours then there is much expected drama down your future road with her. (my opinion of course)

another thing, unless you're expecting triplets i dont see why the IS cant handle baby seats
Old 07-26-11, 10:39 AM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
trade in your fiance...

im not in your situation but if my fiance has an z06 and wouldnt part with it and forces you to part with yours then there is much expected drama down your future road with her. (my opinion of course)

another thing, unless you're expecting triplets i dont see why the IS cant handle baby seats
I have a 2 year old son, it gets a little tight back there with a carseat/booster but its not going to kill the kid.. I hope you don't let go of your is350 before she lets the z06 go.. Makes no sense.. trade your 5 seater and I'll keep my 2 seater so we can get a family vehicle.. Definitely up to you though, this is just my opinion.

PS: IF you do keep the 350, make sure you get something soft under the carseat because I learned the hard way, my seats in the back have semi permanent indents from the pressure point of the carseat base.
Old 07-26-11, 10:53 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Have you learned nothing from my first post in this thread?
STOP putting the P*ss* on the pedestal.
Dude, I'm married. I promise you if you don't nip this in the bud know she will ruin your life with "I refuse to __________ " statements that she'll keep making forever.
Save yourself now. Don't get married.
Originally Posted by OPTiK
Whipped guy is whipped. You're in for an awesome marriage where you don't think but do as you're told as long as it benefits her.
Originally Posted by dojoman
Dump your fiancee and trade it in for ISF just for the spite.
Originally Posted by kumquatism
You can fit a family in yours. She can't fit a family in hers. You need to trade your car in "for the family". Double standards much?
Originally Posted by sr20mofo
trade in your fiance...

All kidding aside. Do not marry this girl. I swear to you there are other fish in the sea that will be alot more understandable and less "demanding" then this girl.
I know you tried to steer us clear of the marriage talk and more on the talk of the price. To hell with that dude. You have a much bigger issue here then trading in your car. MUCH BIGGER. Trust me.
What's her name so I can facebook her and tell her to stop being a bish or she's never getting married.
I said it once I'll say it again:
Disregard her and acquire monies.
Tell her you're not going to trade in your car that you love, but that you might consider marrying her contingent on her sandmich making quota. And put that ish in the prenump.(or however you spell it)

Old 07-26-11, 11:04 AM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

Dang... lets get back to the is350 guys... scrutinizing his fiance ain't gonna help much.. CL to marriage counseling in ONE thread? Lets be real.. It's his life and he can do what he chooses, whether it be selling or keeping the IS350 I hope it works out...
Old 07-26-11, 11:17 AM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2slixx
Dang... lets get back to the is350 guys... scrutinizing his fiance ain't gonna help much.. CL to marriage counseling in ONE thread? Lets be real.. It's his life and he can do what he chooses, whether it be selling or keeping the IS350 I hope it works out...
You're right.
I'm sorry for my posts
Old 07-26-11, 11:20 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

The Lex has like what, 13 airbags? What's more family-friendly than that!
Old 07-26-11, 11:31 AM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiois350
hi guys, i went to KBB and quote my car at $30,095 for 07 IS350 fully load with excellent condition at 14,095 miles and autotrader quote me $23,500, why KBB quote more and autotrader less?
Was autotrader offering you a buy it now price? If so thats why it was so much less because they agree that a dealer will buy it from you for that amount. And the $30,095 for your 2007 must be the retail value right?
Old 07-26-11, 11:45 AM
2slixx
Lexus Test Driver

^^ KBB Quotes what your car is worth.. Auto-trader quotes how much people will pay for your car. There is a difference between gross value and net value. I'd go with auto trader for this one because they value your car at what it would sell for vs how much its worth, in other words its a much more honest opinion.
Old 07-26-11, 12:09 PM
AdioKIP
Driver

Originally Posted by CCJ22
All kidding aside. Do not marry this girl. I swear to you there are other fish in the sea that will be alot more understandable and less "demanding" then this girl.
I know you tried to steer us clear of the marriage talk and more on the talk of the price. To hell with that dude. You have a much bigger issue here then trading in your car. MUCH BIGGER. Trust me.
What's her name so I can facebook her and tell her to stop being a bish or she's never getting married.
I said it once I'll say it again:
Disregard her and acquire monies.
Tell her you're not going to trade in your car that you love, but that you might consider marrying her contingent on her sandmich making quota. And put that ish in the prenump.(or however you spell it)

LMFAO, WOWWWW, Thank You for a CLASSIC Caption. Will definitely be adding this one to my collection to pull out sometime.

While I understand everyones point of view, the best thing to do is sit down and have a heart to heart talk with her. Dont give up your car if you dont want to. A relationship is all about communication and compromise not ultimatums (yeah that might be spelled wrong). If you decide to sell, $26k is a fair price, you may get another $2k or so by waiting for a better offer, but thats not guaranteed.
Old 07-26-11, 12:09 PM
calvin2376
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2slixx
^^ KBB Quotes what your car is worth.. Auto-trader quotes how much people will pay for your car. There is a difference between gross value and net value. I'd go with auto trader for this one because they value your car at what it would sell for vs how much its worth, in other words its a much more honest opinion.
I'll second this. I don't know what AutoTrader "quotes" are, but I will say that while KBB has its place, I think it's far more reliable to do a search on AutoTrader and Cars.com to see what cars similar to yours in year/make/mileage/options/condition are going for. The added benefit of this is you get to see both dealer and private party pricing.

What a car is "worth" according to an algorithm will not always match with what you can get for your car. Market pricing is always a better indicator of what people will pay for your car than KBB or any other "quote" you can obtain.

Quick Reply: To SELL or Not to Sell!! 2007 IS350