IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

R.I.P to my IS250

Old 02-28-13, 12:29 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts
Default R.I.P to my IS250

Whats up CL. Few of you know this but January 13th I was in a accident that totaled my car.
I was sitting at a dead stop staring at the back tires of a Camry in front of me. A guy in a dodge magnum that was probably high, texting and driving, or on something decides to plow right into me. Good thing I was far enough from the car in front of me bc the front end damage coulda been worse. I drove home from the accident, thinking my car would be ok, from a distance it didn't look like it would be totaled but the frame damage was pretty extensive. My neck and my back was sore for about two weeks. I didnt seek any medical attention. Probably should have but I didn't. Best part is the guy didn't have insurance and tried to drive off but since his air bags deployed his car would not start. My insurance ended up suing the guy. To this day he has not answered their calls or letters. My guess is he will be going to jail. No one else was injured from the accident. I was alone. If my gf and my boy was in the car I would have been even more pissed off. A week after my car was totaled I picked up a 2010 SFP IS250. SFP's are hard to find around here for some reason. I've only seen 3 here in my area. I would have posted this sooner but The past month has been busy for me. A few weeks before this accident I had just bought a Acura ILX for my gf, then we bought a condo and had to move, and then the accident happened and I had to buy a new car. I was able to recover my winter beater wheels ( LFA reps ), my custom box and other audio equipment,JDM visors, 2012 headlights, and roof spoiler. Also recovered the grill which I sold. Everything else stayed with the car. Since I am going to begin working on my new car soon, I figured now was a good time to tell this story. In the next couple of weeks once weather gets warm I will begin hacking, molding, and painting away. All of my parts have been ordered just waiting on a few more things.

Becareful driving CL. Don't drink, be intoxicated with anything or text while driving. And drive with insurance! Expect a build thread from me in the next month or so. *****z bout to get real!

Heres some pictures of the car after the accident. Pictures of the car before the accident can be viewed at http://public.fotki.com/remydee/

and the new canvas

Last edited by RDIS250AWD; 02-28-13 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-28-13, 12:41 PM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

holy ****.. glad to see you're okay but damn what an a**hole. damage is really painful to even look at. It makes me cringe hearing freak accidents like this. smh to the driver.
Old 02-28-13, 12:42 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whaaaat! thats a damn shame....sorry to see this happen to ur car bro! Glad no one was hurt and you were able to at least salvage some parts(like those expensive headlights). Cant wait to see ur new car!
Old 02-28-13, 12:45 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, that's hard to look at. But it's better RIP to the car than you.

Take care
Old 02-28-13, 12:50 PM
misterhu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go see a doctor right away for your back and neck. its not too late to make claims. You are young now but you need to make sure there wasn't any permanent damage that will give you problems as you get older.
Old 02-28-13, 12:52 PM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate that happened to you. People that drive with no insurance really **** me off. We all work hard for our stuff and follow by the rules and idiots make it hard for an already hard enough situation.
Old 02-28-13, 12:57 PM
Samieee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by misterhu
Go see a doctor right away for your back and neck. its not too late to make claims. You are young now but you need to make sure there wasn't any permanent damage that will give you problems as you get older.
I agree with this statement. There have been many incidents of people getting into accidents and not feeling anything, only to die soon after from internal bleeding or have other issues surface
Old 02-28-13, 12:58 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RVCAis250
holy ****.. glad to see you're okay but damn what an a**hole. damage is really painful to even look at. It makes me cringe hearing freak accidents like this. smh to the driver.
yeah when I saw the pillar by the back windshield buckle like that I had a feeling theres a 50% chance my car would be totaled. The doors would close but it was tight and the car was detecting that they weren't closed.

Originally Posted by MashinA
whaaaat! thats a damn shame....sorry to see this happen to ur car bro! Glad no one was hurt and you were able to at least salvage some parts(like those expensive headlights). Cant wait to see ur new car!
yeah I was sad about it at first but I was planning on refreshing my entire car anyways, and theres features and options I didn't have in the 2007 vs the 2010 so thats the good part of it,

Originally Posted by don
Damn, that's hard to look at. But it's better RIP to the car than you.

Take care
thanks man

Originally Posted by misterhu
thanks man I actually felt better after a week hit the gym right after and Ive been fine since. I feel no pain now

Originally Posted by jbone29
i hate that happened to you. People that drive with no insurance really **** me off. We all work hard for our stuff and follow by the rules and idiots make it hard for an already hard enough situation.
I agree. They make u sign a paper claiming you have insurance when you get your drivers license but they don't make you prove it. Pretty stupid. Theres no reason why anyone can't afford insurance even if its just liability.
Old 02-28-13, 01:07 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dude I've been following your car since you put on the lipkit and molded the spoiler. Really glad you're safe and staying in the family!
Old 02-28-13, 01:15 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InspireME
Dude I've been following your car since you put on the lipkit and molded the spoiler. Really glad you're safe and staying in the family!
Wow thats been a long time I put that kit on about 3 weeks after I bought my car lol thanks bro I would have waited for the 3is but I needed a car now. For the reliability comfort price and looks there's nothin on the market I would have rather had. I was very lucky to find another loaded sfp. There's mostly black 2is' s here. My second choice was usb. But there's none around here and no f sport models either
Old 02-28-13, 01:27 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Good to hear your ok. Looking forward to the build!
Old 02-28-13, 01:34 PM
DSea5
Rookie

Wow that's crazy. at least you are ok
Old 02-28-13, 01:43 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

sorry bout the accident.. glad that you're safe!

looking forward to the mods on the 10'!
Old 02-28-13, 01:53 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you already know how I feel. Glad you made it out of that brova, can't wait for the build !

Old 02-28-13, 02:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

That has to rank as one of the least amount of exterior damage for a totalled car. In fact, it's beyond me how the frame could bend so much from a rear-end collision, yet the sheetmetal not show the effects from the force. Where the heck is the crumple zone effect? That Dodge must have hit a certain way to cause all this. I've never seen such a situation before. Crazy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R.I.P to my IS250