IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-11, 10:09 AM
sfxr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinda
I have nav so I should buy this specifically?

http://www.parts.com/accessories/ind...catalogid=5503
I just ordered from that site I have heard bad things about them so will let you know how it goes. God those instructions seem like a pain in the ***...anyone done this installation before?

Yes, I did the install. If you follow this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...o-install.html
it's not all that bad or difficult.

Please let us know how that site is. That was the only place I did a search on that had both pieces for the XM Radio.
Old 07-18-11, 11:05 AM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I can't find the 86100-0W220 part so I am screwed now...
Old 07-18-11, 01:01 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't find the 86100-0W220 part so I am screwed now...
nobody believes me when I tell em stuff is discontinued

Anyway, you might be able to rig something up... here's a guy who used the wiring diagrams to make the IS adapter work in his ES (as their kit was discontinued even earlier)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...rk-around.html

so you might touch base with sewell or look over the attachement there and see if you (or some friend good with wiring) could rig something up to make it work.
Old 07-18-11, 03:13 PM
Zinda
Lexus Test Driver

I wonder if I can get the harness made at a electrical shop. Someone please advise...
Old 07-18-11, 06:07 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder if I can get the harness made at a electrical shop. Someone please advise...
Would be pretty surprised if you couldn't... I'd probably get the diagrams of any XM kit still available (Sewell ought be able to help you there as they did the guy in the ES thread I linked to), then anyone decent with electronics/wiring should be able to adapt that for your receiver I would think.

I'd add that you might mention to said guy that selling these online would make him a few bucks since it's a part otherwise not available anymore and there's more than a few folks who'd like to still be able to buy it.... might make him more considerate in his pricing to make yours
Old 07-18-11, 06:21 PM
tastfulmod
Pole Position

I was wondering since this part is discontinued does Lexus now just put it in all their cars or?
Old 07-18-11, 08:11 PM
grondie
Merkur Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It might be worth calling around to some salvage yards, good luck
Old 07-19-11, 04:21 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tastfulmod
I was wondering since this part is discontinued does Lexus now just put it in all their cars or?
2010 and newer models use a newer stereo with the tuner built in.
Old 05-31-12, 08:22 PM
Tvanallen
Driver School Candidate

Default Satellite Radio Issues

I bought a used 2008 IS 250 and added an iPod dongle but now would like to add Satellite radio but when I push the SAT button, it goes to SAT1 and the word deactivated shows on the top line. Is it possible that the dealer had to deactivate the Satellite radio to connect the dongle and that I can't have both?

Thanks.
Old 05-31-12, 10:24 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus SAT Radio

On the old style Lexus XM radios. You have to use a Y shaped cable. So you only have one input. So its the XM wiring or the iPhone. But not both.

You need to go with a Vais adaptor to get all the inputs you want. Its a box where you hook up everything to. Then connect it to the radio.
Old 06-01-12, 06:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tvanallen
I bought a used 2008 IS 250 and added an iPod dongle but now would like to add Satellite radio but when I push the SAT button, it goes to SAT1 and the word deactivated shows on the top line. Is it possible that the dealer had to deactivate the Satellite radio to connect the dongle and that I can't have both?

Thanks.

The Lexus ipod adapter doesn't work with the factory XM tuner.

If you have the factory XM tuner (which isn't available anymore) I'd highly suggest you remove and sell the ipod adapter then buy a better aftermarket one that doesn't use the SAT port (VAIS and others sell them).... the factory XM tuner is a better integrated experience than any aftermarket one.
Old 06-01-12, 08:26 AM
Tvanallen
Driver School Candidate

Kurtz,

Thanks much for your reply. As a follow up...Is there anyway to detrmine whether I have the factory satellite module installed, or not? Hopefully without taking the whole radio out.

The fact that the display goes to SAT 1, 2 and 3, leads me to believe that I may have it but since it doesn't show a radio ID# I am really not sure.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-12, 08:37 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Tvanallen
Kurtz,

Thanks much for your reply. As a follow up...Is there anyway to detrmine whether I have the factory satellite module installed, or not? Hopefully without taking the whole radio out.

The fact that the display goes to SAT 1, 2 and 3, leads me to believe that I may have it but since it doesn't show a radio ID# I am really not sure.

Thanks.
It sounds like you have it. You can see it if you remove the carpet etc from the trunk. I believe it's toward the back right side?
Old 06-01-12, 08:59 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Yup... just find the DIY for installing the factory SAT module- it's all in the trunk, you don't open the dash at all
Old 09-21-17, 04:16 PM
joindy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used car with Sirius radio -subscription question

I have Sirius xm on one of my cars, and just bought used GX with expired subscription. Radio only receives the 000...promo channel and is offering 6 months for $30. My question is, if you use a car, primarily seasonally vacation travel, such as April thru Sept....can you cancel and then renew. That is how I used the Internet TV service Sling....I just close it ...they stop billing, then go online to open back up. Can I so this with Sirius?

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio