Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip - Page 42 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013)
Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip >

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Notices
IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip

Old 07-21-14, 06:52 PM
  #616  
knbnguyen
Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 191
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There's a couple thing you need to do in order to get your LED strip to work. Take the picture of your headlights and your harness and post them up and i will tell you what i did. Hopefully your headlights came with the blinker harness too... because i had to go to lexus to buy them.
knbnguyen is offline  
Old 07-25-14, 08:05 AM
  #617  
REXUSisF
Driver School Candidate
 
REXUSisF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: florida
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Got my passenger side light in today. Will the covers off of my 2010 ISF lights transfer over to the new lights? Im trying to have little to no surprises once I pull the trigger to take the bumper off
REXUSisF is offline  
Old 09-16-14, 11:09 AM
  #618  
Jlugo04
Driver School Candidate
 
Jlugo04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ny
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Headlight w/led strip

Originally Posted by Thinktwice View Post
IMPORTANT note for anyone wanting to do this upgrade:

I've been wondering for the past couple weeks why my LEDs didn't seem so bright. I've finally figured out that since the 2011 model has two different LED intensities with these headlights, one for parking lights and one for DRLs, I must've made a mistake and wired it to work as the parking lights (which is the intensity when the low beams are on with the 2011 models).

First off, I made a mistake, there is no wire splicing involved. Disregard what I did with the red wire. The only wire that needs to be relocated in the connector for the higher intensity LEDs is the green one (no stripes) needs to be in place of where I have the thinner black one in the photo, and that's it - plug n play. Extremely simple upgrade as it turns out.

Below is an example of the passenger side with the parking light intensity and the driver's side with the DRL intensity. So if you go into a dealership and just turn on the parking light of a 2011 model, all you're getting is the lower intensity parking light LED (aka dimmer LED). However, the DRL intensity LED is BRIGHT, as in Audi bright!

Hey my name is Juan and just put on 2011 hid w/led strip headlight on my 2007 Lexus is250 and can not get the led light to turn on. Can you please email me [email protected]
Jlugo04 is offline  
Old 02-15-15, 07:31 AM
  #619  
STARBWOY
Driver School Candidate
 
STARBWOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jlugo04 View Post
Hey my name is Juan and just put on 2011 hid w/led strip headlight on my 2007 Lexus is250 and can not get the led light to turn on. Can you please email me [email protected]
Let me ask something when DRL are disabled do u lose highbeam ?
STARBWOY is offline  
Old 02-15-15, 01:41 PM
  #620  
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (5)
 
NorCalIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SF
Posts: 952
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by STARBWOY View Post
Let me ask something when DRL are disabled do u lose highbeam ?
No

10 Char.
NorCalIS is offline  
Old 02-17-15, 01:35 AM
  #621  
ExVOLVxE
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same here! But I think that once the demand wanes, it will cost less to do down the road....hopefully!

Looks awesome though!!!
ExVOLVxE is offline  
Old 02-18-15, 08:41 AM
  #622  
1CYUNVN
Driver School Candidate
 
1CYUNVN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Installed my upgraded headlights on 2008 IS 250

My 2008 factory HID headlights equipped with AFS were removed to upgrade to the new 2011+ led strip hid headlight. I was nervous at after spending $2600 on ebay for brand new lights fully loaded and new flasher. I followed the exact write up on page 38. Had to tap into wire and also relocated the green wire. To remove pins inside connector I first removed the white alignment sleeve in order to allow pin to pull out.
1CYUNVN is offline  
Old 02-19-15, 08:02 PM
  #623  
Initial G
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Initial G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,323
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Like I said in the past, one of the best mods/upgrades for my 07 IS. 2012 headlights makes it look like an entirely different car.

Well worth the money.
Initial G is offline  
Old 03-04-15, 09:43 PM
  #624  
Golfer2000
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Did you have to buy fully loaded 11MY headlights even though your 08 had factory HIDs?
Originally Posted by 1CYUNVN View Post
My 2008 factory HID headlights equipped with AFS were removed to upgrade to the new 2011+ led strip hid headlight. I was nervous at after spending $2600 on ebay for brand new lights fully loaded and new flasher. I followed the exact write up on page 38. Had to tap into wire and also relocated the green wire. To remove pins inside connector I first removed the white alignment sleeve in order to allow pin to pull out.
Golfer2000 is offline  
Old 03-05-15, 02:23 PM
  #625  
reliantdan
Driver School Candidate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I know this has probably been asked, I read through 30Ish pages. Are there any companies out there that offer a kit? I tried looking at Sewell, because it was mentioned 20 times but looks like they are out of business. Any new ones on the market?

So, if I buy 2011 headlights HID I will need fully loaded ones off Ebay to do the mod? Then go through all the crazy wiring?

Has anyone used the aftermarket ones and it LOOKed good, lol. Or are they just trash?

I really want to do this to my 06 but seems either really really expensive for lights, or difficult.

Thanks in advance
reliantdan is offline  
Old 03-05-15, 03:23 PM
  #626  
srt1
Lead Lap
 
srt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: YaY Area
Posts: 574
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by reliantdan View Post
I know this has probably been asked, I read through 30Ish pages. Are there any companies out there that offer a kit? I tried looking at Sewell, because it was mentioned 20 times but looks like they are out of business. Any new ones on the market?

So, if I buy 2011 headlights HID I will need fully loaded ones off Ebay to do the mod? Then go through all the crazy wiring?

Has anyone used the aftermarket ones and it LOOKed good, lol. Or are they just trash?

I really want to do this to my 06 but seems either really really expensive for lights, or difficult.

Thanks in advance
^ dang bro you actually read through most them pages! Props. Lol. It all looks good but I can't justify spending over 1k for some lights, BUT wish I could.
srt1 is offline  
Old 03-16-15, 06:11 PM
  #627  
STARBWOY
Driver School Candidate
 
STARBWOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Thinktwice View Post
Just to make more sense of the photo:

As you can see in photo #2, there is a green wire in the upper left hand corner of the connector. I removed both the red wire and black wire (LED + and -) that used to be right next to the green wire. The black wire I inserted next to the white/black striped wire (previously empty). The red wire I spliced with the white/black striped wire. And that's it, it's now plug n play. You can use the little brown plugs from your old headlight connector to plug into the empty wire holes to prevent water from getting in.
I still don't know where on the light these wires are located ...pic is too close up .....I would like to do this because now I have DRLs working with led strip because I just connect DRL to LED strip
STARBWOY is offline  
Old 03-16-15, 09:39 PM
  #628  
dcguy
Driver
 
dcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 144
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Good work, lots of useful information as well from all. Looks great!!
dcguy is offline  
Old 03-24-15, 08:14 AM
  #629  
reliantdan
Driver School Candidate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well I took the leap to the 2013 headlights. Wiring seems pretty straight forward, but my question is has anyone hooked their LED's to an ignition source in the engine compartment? If so where, and do you have any pics?

I would like to wire the LED's to turn on with the ignition of the car.

Also, are dealers the only ones that can turn DRL's off? I thought I read somewhere that there is aftermarket software that is easy to use but I don't remember the name.
reliantdan is offline  
Old 03-24-15, 01:49 PM
  #630  
nwscoobie
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Oregon
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by reliantdan View Post
Well I took the leap to the 2013 headlights. Wiring seems pretty straight forward, but my question is has anyone hooked their LED's to an ignition source in the engine compartment? If so where, and do you have any pics?

I would like to wire the LED's to turn on with the ignition of the car.

Also, are dealers the only ones that can turn DRL's off? I thought I read somewhere that there is aftermarket software that is easy to use but I don't remember the name.
I know the software is called techstream because I have it and the obdII to usb cable. Sometimes drivers are a little tricky to get it working, I use mine on an old windows xp laptop. Yes it can disable drl's also many other things including key programming.

I have a quick question, I am coming from an 06 so I have no AFS or self leveling. I noticed on the new headlights the projectors have a little play from side to side in the housing, are these going to remain that way or will the motor have power to keep them from moving? If I am driving and they have play it will reaaaaaaallly annoy me.
nwscoobie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of my '06 IS250 with 2011MY headlights w/ LED Strip


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: