IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Linking Homelink to building gate???

Old 03-10-11, 07:19 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Linking Homelink to building gate???

I tried to link last night with no success. There are a few different options spelled out in the manual - none worked. I could understand why it wouldnt work, but i figured id ask...(this is a condo bldg w a key clicker - not very high tech).

So, anyone get this to work at their bldg complex?

Also, my Bluetooth link to Droid Pro will not go through, even with the verizon rep in the car. ugh...all of these features for what!?
Old 03-10-11, 07:35 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

i just came across another thread about opening up the gate motor box and using the learn button...ugh. relaying that request to my bldg management in broken spanish would be damn near impossible. que? que? como si dice "homelink"?
Old 03-10-11, 07:37 AM
Maladore
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in a condo also, and i wasn't able to pair them.
Old 03-10-11, 09:48 AM
is350idlh
Driver School Candidate

I live in a gated community and had success. Im thinking it shouldn't be any different than condo gates, apt gates, etc. As long as you have the clicker/fob for the gate it should work. You would have to hold the home link button (light turns solid red), then hold the gate button on your gate clicker( aim it at the homelink buttons, as close as you can). Here's the trick, keep holding down the homelink button(never let go) while continously pressing gate clicker...this can take longer than you think, took me 45 sec....keep pressing and holding down the gate clicker... Soon the homelink button will blink slowly...DONT STOP...keep going until the homelink light blinks rapidly..go a few seconds after that to be sure the code was learned. Sorry for so long and hope this helps.
Old 03-10-11, 10:08 AM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by is350idlh
I live in a gated community and had success. Im thinking it shouldn't be any different than condo gates, apt gates, etc. As long as you have the clicker/fob for the gate it should work. You would have to hold the home link button (light turns solid red), then hold the gate button on your gate clicker( aim it at the homelink buttons, as close as you can). Here's the trick, keep holding down the homelink button(never let go) while continously pressing gate clicker...this can take longer than you think, took me 45 sec....keep pressing and holding down the gate clicker... Soon the homelink button will blink slowly...DONT STOP...keep going until the homelink light blinks rapidly..go a few seconds after that to be sure the code was learned. Sorry for so long and hope this helps.
the same thing i did with my garage clicker.... but i had to be far away from the house because the clicker would open and close my garage.
Old 03-10-11, 11:08 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by is350idlh
tried that...maybe ill try it again in that fashion more vigorously
Old 03-10-11, 11:12 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
I tried to link last night with no success. There are a few different options spelled out in the manual - none worked. I could understand why it wouldnt work, but i figured id ask...(this is a condo bldg w a key clicker - not very high tech).
What building gate controls does your condo use? You should be able to find the manufacturer on the key clicker you are currently using. I'm in a gated community with DKS (DoorKing) controls, and their web site states that they are intentionally not compatible with the homelink transmitter in the car: http://www.doorking.com/pages/dks-acc-rf-con.php
Old 03-10-11, 11:18 AM
gompka
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ThermonMer
tried that...maybe ill try it again in that fashion more vigorously
Took me about 15 tries over a 2 week period to finally get mine to work. Not sure what I did different, but it works and i'm happy and i'm not gonna touch it lol.
Old 03-10-11, 11:31 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.homelink.com/program.php

This is the website we send our customers to for homelink...hope that helps
Old 03-10-11, 12:56 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put the gate opener right next to the mirror so they are touching. the directions say hold it like 2 inches away but i couldnt program **** unless they were right next to each other
Old 03-10-11, 07:45 PM
LSIII
Rookie

I noticed that the gate clicker for my old place would only send the signal for a few seconds and then stop. So I had to click and hold(for 3-4 sec) the gate clicker several times and then it finally learned it.
Old 03-11-11, 11:01 AM
is350idlh
Driver School Candidate

^ exactly. My gate clicker has a little red light and it only transmits for a few seconds. I had to vigoursly press multiple times while holding the homelink buttons. Keep trying, I'm sure it will work
Old 03-11-11, 11:11 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

^ i thought you only had to hold down one homelink button?
Old 03-11-11, 11:14 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

i opened up the cover to the motor today. its a real POS chainlink pulley machine with a raggity plastic cover on top no bigger than the size of a bowling ball case. there was definitely no "learn" button or anything of the such.
Old 03-11-11, 08:24 PM
is350idlh
Driver School Candidate

Oops sorry, typo. Yes you only hold one of the homelink buttons. It can take awhile, an obnoxiously long while. Good luck and sorry for the typo

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Linking Homelink to building gate???