IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

What tires are on your ISx50?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-11, 12:08 AM
SPNinjA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamerzCC
on the east side you need ALL SEASON TIRES.....we ride in 4 different seasons not 1 maybe 2 like in cali homie. I was stationed in 29Palms and there was never a need for ALL SEASON's.
29 palms mojave viper sucks, bro! One of the worst places I've ever had to set foot on during the work up, lol!
Old 03-10-11, 12:38 AM
xilent
Driver

20" Falkens FK452
Old 03-10-11, 02:08 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

+falkens fk452
Old 03-10-11, 03:52 AM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Michelin PS2s!!!!!!

Can't wait for the PS3!

Got the Michelin PS3 and they are the best overall tire so far.

I have used: Potenza Re40/re50a, Yokohama AVS, Dunlop sp9000/sportmaxx/sportmaxx GT, Conti sportcontact 2
Old 03-10-11, 04:39 AM
intellis
Pole Position

I stay down south so cold weather isn't really a factor. I have the Hankook V12. I bought them strictly bc of price. I have about 3k miles on them and so far so good.
Old 03-10-11, 04:50 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My Car came with Bridgestone RE92. Replaced them at 21K miles with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ and the car is a million times better in every respect.
Old 03-10-11, 05:14 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by loftus112
19" Falkens FK452
How do you like the Falken's?
Old 03-10-11, 08:05 AM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SPNinjA
29 palms mojave viper sucks, bro! One of the worst places I've ever had to set foot on during the work up, lol!
Yep MCAGCC sucks but a great place to go FAST!
Old 03-10-11, 12:29 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamerzCC
How do you like the Falken's?
For those people out there who at one point tried to encourage me to dump my Nitto Invos for FK452, shoot yourselves please.

Not only is the Falken tire junk, but under no circumstance would I put that tire on my car unless I was towing it to car shows. Or hanging out in parking lots.

With that being said, after my ER33's which I might add did fairly well in the rain, I switched over to Nitto Invos. I ran two sets of these before switching over to Michelin PS-2 tires. For those curious about the all new Michelin Pilot Sport 3, it's no dramatic improvement over the existing PS-2, a little better rain traction and slightly longer tire wear. Over all the only tire that deserves to be called the upgraded Pilot Sport is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
Old 03-10-11, 01:12 PM
DreamerzCC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TripleL
My Car came with Bridgestone RE92. Replaced them at 21K miles with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S+ and the car is a million times better in every respect.
^^
Old 03-10-11, 01:34 PM
maxnix
Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Michelin PS2s!!!!!!

Can't wait for the PS3!
You'll probably get Pilot Super Sports in the US.

They are up on Tire Rack.
Old 03-10-11, 01:42 PM
maxnix
Driver

Default Pilot Super Sport and Pilot Sport 3

Originally Posted by XhyDra
For those people out there who at one point tried to encourage me to dump my Nitto Invos for FK452, shoot yourselves please.

Not only is the Falken tire junk, but under no circumstance would I put that tire on my car unless I was towing it to car shows. Or hanging out in parking lots.

With that being said, after my ER33's which I might add did fairly well in the rain, I switched over to Nitto Invos. I ran two sets of these before switching over to Michelin PS-2 tires. For those curious about the all new Michelin Pilot Sport 3, it's no dramatic improvement over the existing PS-2, a little better rain traction and slightly longer tire wear. Over all the only tire that deserves to be called the upgraded Pilot Sport is the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
Falken, Nittos, Vredstein, Hankook, Kumhos, Sumitomo, etc. are not Top Tier tire manufacturers. All tires are decent when new. It is how they are at 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K.....after wear and degradation that matter.

The PS3 are indeed significantly better than PS2, but will be primarily offered in Europe. The PSS are a different but equally good tire as the PS3.

To quote a TR Rep on a different Forum:

"These (PS3 and PSS) are distinctively different tires, coming from separate engineering paths. They use different tread designs, compounding and reinforcements, among other things.

That's not to say there aren't similarities someone could point to, but they are meant to serve two separate niches.

Europe will have a shared emphasis on both tires, with a split focus based on high-speed (autobahn style) hydroplaning resistance (PS3) and wear+traction (PSS). North America will focus on the PSS and will only have a handful of OE part numbers in the PS3."
Old 03-10-11, 01:42 PM
kuuqi
Lead Lap

re960as on my stockers, will be gettin conti dw's on my aftermarkets
Old 03-10-11, 03:05 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxnix
Falken, Nittos, Vredstein, Hankook, Kumhos, Sumitomo, etc. are not Top Tier tire manufacturers. All tires are decent when new. It is how they are at 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K.....after wear and degradation that matter.

The PS3 are indeed significantly better than PS2, but will be primarily offered in Europe. The PSS are a different but equally good tire as the PS3.

To quote a TR Rep on a different Forum:

"These (PS3 and PSS) are distinctively different tires, coming from separate engineering paths. They use different tread designs, compounding and reinforcements, among other things.

That's not to say there aren't similarities someone could point to, but they are meant to serve two separate niches.

Europe will have a shared emphasis on both tires, with a split focus based on high-speed (autobahn style) hydroplaning resistance (PS3) and wear+traction (PSS). North America will focus on the PSS and will only have a handful of OE part numbers in the PS3."
Although the aformentioned tire brands do have it's low end tire, you can't go as far as to compare a Hankook Evo 12 vs a FK452, more comparable would be the econoline Hankook tires, same goes for Nitto, the have the 555's witch are utter junk, and the Invo and NT01 line of tires witch hold their ground quite well. In general I'd go as far as saying ER33 OEM Bridgestone tires are better than the FK452.

As far as the Michelin class goes, the Pilot Sport 3, not designated as a PS-3 like the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 PS-2. These new 3 series of tires are designed for a more mainstream use, and cannot be directly compared to the PS-2 as has been discussed in many forums. As a matter of fact it is not a direct replacement in terms of performance, it has less grip on dry surfaces, and it was primarily designed for the European market as an answer to the wet season. Better wear and wet traction, not so much high performance. The autobahn has strict rules on tire tread depth, wear and better wet traction addresses these.

The Michelin Pilot Super Sport is in a class of it's own and is the direct replacement for the PS-2 class tire that has been seen in many high performance exotics. In no way is the Pilot Sport 3 anywhere near the Pilot Super Sport in terms of performance. It's like comparing the PS-2 to the Pilot Sport Cup.
Old 03-10-11, 03:15 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long do you think re760 will last with a drop on stock rims to no gap? im not trying to spend a lot of money on tires because i know i have negative camber with the drop.

Quick Reply: What tires are on your ISx50?