IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Black car + ThinkDesign Blue emblems = ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-11, 10:25 AM
ThermonMer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$800!? Why??
Old 03-04-11, 01:32 AM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iialcii
Old member did it on his own, but i dont think he is longer active on the forums. I seen them in person and they look sick.
wussup Alvin...long time no see. Yes, I'm no longer active but I stroll on time to time. In fact this is my first post in a very, very long time and possibly won't be any time soon again. I came across this post while looking for license plate ideas. To the OP. I don't have a black car but maybe my pictures will give you an idea how it looks on the
car

Old 03-04-11, 04:30 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Just tint the tails. Resolved.
Old 03-04-11, 11:35 AM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DigitalDon
You can get the blue L emblems off other Lexus hybrids! lol just kidding.
Haha. I can't say I didn't look at them and think about it at one point...

Originally Posted by jns350
wussup Alvin...long time no see. Yes, I'm no longer active but I stroll on time to time. In fact this is my first post in a very, very long time and possibly won't be any time soon again. I came across this post while looking for license plate ideas. To the OP. I don't have a black car but maybe my pictures will give you an idea how it looks on the
car

Thanks! I guess I got lucky. Unfortunately, I can't see the pics.
Originally Posted by meefer
Just tint the tails. Resolved.
I was pretty tempted to do this as well until a local member had some problems with the legality of driving with tinted tails here. Apparently it's a big no-no.
Old 03-04-11, 12:05 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

im usually not one to judge or anything but if anyone paid $800 for these emblems you need to go play in traffic!
Old 03-04-11, 05:50 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

If I won the lottery, I still wouldn't pay $800 bucks on blue plastic. Being rich doesn't mean you have to be dumb.

Sorry for my rant. Back on topic. I think it would look okay.
Old 03-04-11, 06:00 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Wow. I guess if I choose to buy these then I need to go kill myself because I'm dumb.
Old 03-04-11, 06:15 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

No need to go and do something so drastic, just know you spent $800 on small pieces of plastic.

By no means did I say YOU were dumb. The idea of blue pieces of plastic being $800 is dumb.
Old 03-04-11, 06:54 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

^Well, I wouldn't do something that drastic--after all, I would have those $800 plastic pieces on my trunk to live for .

But let's face it. Any stock Lexus IS driver probably thinks we're all nuts for buying and replacing perfectly functioning parts on our cars--just for looks. What degree of insanity you're willing to go to for your car is a very personal choice.
Old 03-04-11, 11:09 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

I suppose if there are those who prefer the car completely debadged, there will exist those who prefer the car with $800 badging! $800 just seems a bit much for such a subtle modification when there are SO MANY other awesome options in that price range!

But in the end, it really is to each, his own...if we all made the same modifications to our cars, this forum would be a lot less interesting and diverse!

If you decide to go for those, or even the blueish hybrid Lexus emblems, I think a light smoke on the taillights would lessen the clash of red and blue.
Old 03-04-11, 11:22 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn thats expensive...i think they would look cool on the white IS
Old 03-04-11, 11:37 PM
xilent
Driver

or you can just paint your original emblem blue.. lol its much cheaper
Old 03-04-11, 11:40 PM
YoungMoney
Rookie

I personally think they will look good.
Sure $800 is a lot, but folks drop pretty big money on CF parts and whatnot. That just depends on your situation I suppose.

Now the question is... has anyone on here used the Blue Past-Dip to do their emblems? It won't look as good, but you'd be able to at least somewhat see the contrast.

I feel like I've seen a pic on here of this but I can't find it.
Old 03-05-11, 08:08 AM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Thanks all for the input. There have been some real golden nuggets in this thread.

Originally Posted by Lexitegra
I suppose if there are those who prefer the car completely debadged, there will exist those who prefer the car with $800 badging! $800 just seems a bit much for such a subtle modification when there are SO MANY other awesome options in that price range!
I almost went fully debadged, however, I don't really like the available trunk spoilers. Sffd103's trunk is perfectly exectuted with his custom molded Wald & tapered sides (the key to me). I think it has to look like his car to be properly debadged and I'm not about to copy someone.

But in the end, it really is to each, his own...if we all made the same modifications to our cars, this forum would be a lot less interesting and diverse!
Yes. Sometimes I when I see how much weight the forum puts on other members' opinions on potential mods. If you like it--go for it! Who cares what anybody else thinks? I guarantee my car would not float many boats on this forum, but I have what I want on it.

If you decide to go for those, or even the blueish hybrid Lexus emblems, I think a light smoke on the taillights would lessen the clash of red and blue.
Definitely. Unfortunately I don't think I can pull that off from a legal standpoint.

Originally Posted by robertrios
damn thats expensive...i think they would look cool on the white IS
I agree. I personally think Judd should put these on his car, because Starfire is the ultimate color for these blue emblems. I also think the white lessens the blue/red clash for some reason while I imagine black may exacerbate the problem. Only one way to truly find out, I suppose.

Originally Posted by xilent
or you can just paint your original emblem blue.. lol its much cheaper
DIY = ruined project when in my hands LOL.

Originally Posted by YoungMoney
I personally think they will look good.
Sure $800 is a lot, but folks drop pretty big money on CF parts and whatnot. That just depends on your situation I suppose.

Now the question is... has anyone on here used the Blue Past-Dip to do their emblems? It won't look as good, but you'd be able to at least somewhat see the contrast.

I feel like I've seen a pic on here of this but I can't find it.
Thanks for the input. I haven't seen blue Plasti-dip. And I'm definitely not roling in dough. I work hard for my money.

I also feel like I have seen one posted thread on this years back. There are some pictures posted in this thread, but I can't see them or reach them through the hidden links. I think those are the shots from the original thread.
Old 03-05-11, 09:19 AM
YoungMoney
Rookie

I clicked through about 25 pages of the plasti-dip thread for ya
Here's all I could find... but hey at least it's blue, lol.

Not sure which member's car this is but here you go.