IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2+ years trying to find the right car - IS250 Truffle Mica AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 09:51 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skytribe
[*]Lexus of Bellevue,WA - hi pressure, won't give you a price online, wont move off MSRP. Want Sticker for CPO vehicles and want to sell me what [/LIST]
Glad to hear you found the car you exactly wanted! I went a long process of finding the exact car I wanted.

I also went to LoB and the salesman I dealt with is exactly like what you said. I know some other people have good experiences there but maybe they ended up with different sales reps.
Old 01-28-11, 10:21 PM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that maybe those that are satisfied are those that are either happy to pay throught the nose, are dazzled by the nice facility or are happy to settle for something else.

I'd dealt with a few sales people mentioned there and ultimately they lost my sale - and gained somewhat of bad feeling towards the dealership.

As far as Germain Lexus of Easton in OH, A completely different experience - James was great and was open to dealing and working with me to make the deal happenA completely different experience.

A couple of mods ideas for when it arrived - illuminated scuff plates are probably the first mod.
Old 01-28-11, 10:39 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skytribe
I think that maybe those that are satisfied are those that are either happy to pay throught the nose, are dazzled by the nice facility or are happy to settle for something else.
Yeah, there must be people willing to pay through the nose. The sales guy I had, who was recommended to me by a friend, was telling me that he sells cars at MSRP left and right as if it was normal to buy at MSRP. He said there was NO negotiating and I just left. He called me once and didn't offer anything. I was planning to go back for a different sales guy but didn't.

I prefer the free refreshments in the other dealerships. LoB has a nice place but all I got was free water.

Germain Lexus sounds like a much better dealership.
Old 01-29-11, 01:11 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I think Lexus of Bellevue spent so much on building that dealership/showroom that they are banking on the expirience and their FANCY carwash rather than negotiating. If you know the "Eastside" then you will know that people over there care more about convienience rather than haggling. Lexus of Fife is owned by the same corporation also i believe. I spent 5k less on a comparable model at Lexus of Seattle (Lynnwood) when i bought my CPO Lexus.
Old 01-29-11, 01:42 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by msgs350
I think Lexus of Bellevue spent so much on building that dealership/showroom that they are banking on the expirience and their FANCY carwash rather than negotiating. If you know the "Eastside" then you will know that people over there care more about convienience rather than haggling. Lexus of Fife is owned by the same corporation also i believe. I spent 5k less on a comparable model at Lexus of Seattle (Lynnwood) when i bought my CPO Lexus.
It was funny that one of the sales person's which I mentioned to avoid was actually trying to push that we have VIP car wash! Then trying to nail about the car being traded was not serviced (attempt to lower trade value) and stuff based on it not showing up on the report - good thing my dad stopped him right in the middle and said this car has always been maintained by a private mechanic.

Actually their VIP car wash is under maintenance until Monday - something must of broke because I went into the car wash last week and some a set of brushes tied up to the side by rope.

Last edited by Sango; 01-29-11 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-29-11, 08:56 AM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

If you read about car salesman negotiating tactics and the things they do - I had experienced most of them. They just didn't want to negotiate a deal.

Telling me the invoice prices online were not correct, I'd never get a price I was proposing, that shipping vehicle would result in stone chip damage (how do they think vehicles get to dealers), that color was not available for a given year. I knew more about vehicle than they did. I'd been monitoring lexus forums for a long while before even considering a vehicle.

They have an affluent clientele because of the location close to Microsoft but in todays world with information freely available and easily shared they need to be more aware of there tactics. Perhaps there used to being able to dazzle people with more money than sense.

At no point was I unreasonable in my negotiations as I'd always looked what others were paying, what the invoice price was and built in a what I considered a reasonable margin for the dealership but I wanted what I wanted and LoB absolutely would not move off sticker.

When a CPO did become available - with 2000 or so miles on the clock. The customer bought it and then had second thoughts it was too small - so they bought it back and the customer went for an ES instead. They wanted new car sticker for it. I laughed at them as they wanted me to pay for a previous customers mistake (they would take off the amount equal to the delivery charge).

They obviously do not understand new cars depreciate as soon as you drive them off the lot and really did not do anything to earn my business.
Old 01-29-11, 11:36 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is one slime ball salesmen!
Old 01-31-11, 07:53 AM
crf250450
Driver School Candidate

2 years that is a long wait!
Old 01-31-11, 09:33 AM
skytribe
Driver School Candidate

if thats the only color that will please the wife - (who will be driving the car most of the time) Then you have to do what you have to do.

I was a bit pissed with Lexus for having a color and not making it easy to obtain, but perhaps that was really my local dealerships. Corporate didn't seem that helpful in helping me locate which region had these vehicles either.

But all water under the bridge as I've eventually got the vehicle.
Old 01-31-11, 11:22 AM
pandaIS25o
Driver School Candidate

congrats on the new car!! i also have the truffle mica is250..im completely in love with the color and i also went through the hassle of waiting for dealerships to deliver the right car i hope you two enjoy your new car