IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 08:49 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by anthrax144
And all of them say "back-ordered". So you can go ahead and place your order and pay but I'm guessing you'll not see the product for quite some time. Blackberry has apparently stopped making this so the price is going to keep going up.
You guys know plenty of other manufacturers make BT-to-AUX units besides blackberry, right?

http://rjdiscount.net/scosche-btaxs-...m-aux-car-kit/

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?s...lerid=31699250

http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?s...lerid=19087894

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

that's just from the first page of Google results...
Old 04-25-12, 02:22 PM
dmpus
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went ahead and purchased
GOgroove BlueGate GOgroove BlueGate
since the blackberry solution is no longer available. The sound quality is the same as aux wired for Pandora radio. The downside is that I need to manually pair the device once it turns off and also my phone (HTC sensation) recognizes it as a bluetooth handsfree set and messes up the car built in BT.. I am curious how you guys managed to use both BT receivers, meaning when a call comes the audio receiver does not take the call but the cars BT; when the call ends music resumes through the audio receiver...

I am reading about this new BT audio coding which is supposed to not compromise the audio quality at all. Although, I am not sure if the phone BT should support the same new technology.
APT-X: http://www.csr.com/products/technology/aptx
Device that supports it:
LINK LINK

I hate all these annoying wires around and looking for a solution. Also waiting on the complete solution for Droid phones by vaistech..
Old 04-30-12, 03:37 AM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dmpus
I went ahead and purchased GOgroove BlueGate since the blackberry solution is no longer available. The sound quality is the same as aux wired for Pandora radio. The downside is that I need to manually pair the device once it turns off and also my phone (HTC sensation) recognizes it as a bluetooth handsfree set and messes up the car built in BT.. I am curious how you guys managed to use both BT receivers, meaning when a call comes the audio receiver does not take the call but the cars BT; when the call ends music resumes through the audio receiver...

I am reading about this new BT audio coding which is supposed to not compromise the audio quality at all. Although, I am not sure if the phone BT should support the same new technology.
APT-X: http://www.csr.com/products/technology/aptx
Device that supports it: LINK

I hate all these annoying wires around and looking for a solution. Also waiting on the complete solution for Droid phones by vaistech..
for some reason your link is broken..

Amazon Amazon

anyway really cool! I might have to grab this!
Old 05-18-12, 10:16 PM
Asakura58
Pole Position

any 1 know if the ipod touch (2nd gen 3rd gen or 4th gen) have A2DP ? :S
Old 05-27-12, 07:04 PM
dmpus
Rookie

Originally Posted by ahmed24
Once the initial pairing is complete, the device will then auto-connect with the phone every time the car is turned on.
I am still looking for a similar device (since the blackberry is not in the market any more) that I don't need to turn it on or pair it with my phone every time I turn the car off. This is so annoying..
Old 05-27-12, 07:05 PM
dmpus
Rookie

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
for some reason your link is broken..

http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-uSport...dp/B002PU9U0E/

anyway really cool! I might have to grab this!
I bought it and I couldn't pair with my phone. I couldn't pair with any of my laptops either..
Old 06-16-12, 07:58 PM
gmcdade
Driver School Candidate

Default New Blackberry Music Gateway

Interesting demo video.

http://nerdberry.net/2012/06/10/revi...1-ford-escape/
Old 08-20-12, 07:28 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

FYI everyone, The new ones are back in stock w/free shipping.

http://store.shopblackberry.com/Prod.../ACC-41596-001
Old 08-20-12, 10:49 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Sarge. Was waiting for it a looong time. looks different. Hopefully works as good or better.

Old 08-22-12, 04:49 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in but it is related to bluetooth streaminig. I'm streaming tunes from my iPhone via the older BB Music Gateway, not the one the came out in June of this year. The tunes are all 24bit, 48KHz. Is the streaming going 24/48 and if so, can the car stereo even play 24/48?

If not, what is my best and cheapest option to play 24/48?

Thanks
Old 08-22-12, 07:08 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

I have a totally stock galaxy nexus on sprint. Can I tell you how annoying this black berry music gateway is?

I have to get in the car, turn it on and then push the BBMG once to get it to connect to my phone.

On my boat, I've got the same thing but I use an ipad to stream music, of course when i turn on the boat, the BBMG turns on and auto connects to the ipad. Why can't it be the same in the car. I assume it's the Galaxy nexus's fault. Sigh.

I just want to get in the car with my phone and push play. Not have to futz around with the damn BBMG
Old 08-22-12, 07:42 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by totalstu
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in but it is related to bluetooth streaminig. I'm streaming tunes from my iPhone via the older BB Music Gateway, not the one the came out in June of this year. The tunes are all 24bit, 48KHz. Is the streaming going 24/48 and if so, can the car stereo even play 24/48?

If not, what is my best and cheapest option to play 24/48?

Thanks
The car stereo isn't processing the sound (neither is the BB gateway). Your phone is processing the sound, then sending it via BT to the gateway, all the gateway is doing is receiving it via BT and passing it through to the AUX jack.

So what bitrate are the songs is the question, because BT bandwidth is fairly limited.

If you really want to see if BT is reducing quality (and it may well be) spend 5-10 bucks on a DOCK to AUX cable... and plug the phone directly into the AUX jack, no BT....and see if you hear any difference.
Old 08-23-12, 05:30 AM
totalstu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The car stereo isn't processing the sound (neither is the BB gateway). Your phone is processing the sound, then sending it via BT to the gateway, all the gateway is doing is receiving it via BT and passing it through to the AUX jack.

So what bitrate are the songs is the question, because BT bandwidth is fairly limited.

If you really want to see if BT is reducing quality (and it may well be) spend 5-10 bucks on a DOCK to AUX cable... and plug the phone directly into the AUX jack, no BT....and see if you hear any difference.
The songs are all 24-bit and 48KHZ. From doing some reading it seems that while the phone can play the files it down converts and outputs at 16-bit. It may even down convert 48KHz to 44.1. Apparently, the Ipad with some camera kit can output higher bit rates, etc.

I guess my next move would be to get someting like a Vais VML. I can even remove the phone from the loop and use a USB stick. Hopefully I can play flac files through it so I don't have to convert. With something like this and lets say it can output 24Bit 48KHZ or even 96KHz can the car handle it?
Old 08-23-12, 06:59 AM
MamadIS
Driver

do you guys know a unit that has microphone for calls + rechargeable battery with aux? i want something that i can plug in to aux only and stream music from my phone without having it plugged into the car charger.
Old 08-23-12, 09:20 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
I have a totally stock galaxy nexus on sprint. Can I tell you how annoying this black berry music gateway is?

I have to get in the car, turn it on and then push the BBMG once to get it to connect to my phone.

On my boat, I've got the same thing but I use an ipad to stream music, of course when i turn on the boat, the BBMG turns on and auto connects to the ipad. Why can't it be the same in the car. I assume it's the Galaxy nexus's fault. Sigh.

I just want to get in the car with my phone and push play. Not have to futz around with the damn BBMG
Interesting. You sure the BBMG on the boat isn't connected directly to the battery and therefore is always on standby for your ipad?

I have ordered the new BBMG. Let us see how it works with my car and my phone.

Quick Reply: DIY - Bluetooth Music Streaming using A2DP