dasmokedog
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job brother!
Old 03-02-11, 05:54 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks man! Sounds twice as good as it looks. Downloading new beats for the iPod for the last two days. REALLY loving it!
Old 03-02-11, 09:59 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, nice work! How many hours would you guess you spent altogether?
Old 03-02-11, 10:30 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

That looks amazing! That would be a great option to those without navi to put in a flipout navigation system. Let's hope you or someone starts making these kits!
Old 03-03-11, 06:32 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Total build time is hard to estimate. Took a day and a half to install, so maybe 12-15 hours there. I spent several weeks making the faceplate, but probably didn't work on it for more than an hour or so at a time, and didn't work on it everyday. I would guess that I probably have 30 hours or so in it. Mind you, it wouldn't have taken so long to do the faceplate if I had ever done anything like it before. Spent as much time figuring out what to do next, as I did actually doing it.
Old 03-03-11, 06:37 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Slammer when you are playing CD's does the display above the clock read AUX....
Old 03-03-11, 08:46 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

That panel doesn't say AUX, in fact, it doesn't say anything at all. It is blank, which is how I would prefer it. Otherwise, it wouldn't likely be displaying the correct info anyway. My guess is that it is blank becuase I removed the faceplate from the factory changer when I tucked it. There was no way it would have fit otherwise. As you know, the input selection buttons are on the panel that I removed, and I am certain that they send the signal to the display that you are referring to. Look at some of the earlier pics in the thread, and you will see how I took it apart, and that it actually "plugged" into the changer assembly.
Old 03-03-11, 08:54 AM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Here you go....

Pic of the faceplate removed from the front of the changer

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...YIS350/HU4.jpg

Pic of the panel below the faceplate pulled from the changer. This pic shows the faceplate in my hand, the panel with the ***** mounted to it behind that, and the changer itself in the background.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...YIS350/HU6.jpg
Old 03-03-11, 09:06 AM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slammer1
That panel doesn't say AUX, in fact, it doesn't say anything at all. It is blank, which is how I would prefer it. Otherwise, it wouldn't likely be displaying the correct info anyway. My guess is that it is blank becuase I removed the faceplate from the factory changer when I tucked it. There was no way it would have fit otherwise. As you know, the input selection buttons are on the panel that I removed, and I am certain that they send the signal to the display that you are referring to. Look at some of the earlier pics in the thread, and you will see how I took it apart, and that it actually "plugged" into the changer assembly.
ohhh, ok now i get it, or either the illumination to that display is not connected, either way great job!!!!
Old 03-03-11, 09:08 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Woah Wtf thats ugly, i'd keep my oem disc changer over most things that don't have an LCD screen attached to it.. ( I dont have nav )
Old 03-03-11, 12:15 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, that looks really good. You must be VERY patient. It blends in pretty well! Great job !
Old 03-03-11, 01:36 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wish you live in so cal, so you could do double din project for my car
lovin' your work!
Old 03-03-11, 02:27 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks to both, but the LAST thing I want to do right now is jack around with the dash of an IS. HA! I am reasonably patient, but more importantly, I know when to walk away. Had to take a couple "breaks" over the weekend when doing the install. It gets really frustrating. I haven't stopped messing with the car though, I snagged a K&N air intake off of Ebay last week for $90, and just got it put on. Fixing to go for a test drive in a sec. And, if my $500 would hurry up and get here from Lexus, I will be ordering my HKS Hi Power exhaust. I am bout to **** my pants over that. Can't wait!!
Old 03-03-11, 02:34 PM
Jmags
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I wish I could do that to mine. I LOVE the single din radio I have in my bronco....it has EVERYTHING I could wish for. The only lame thing about my 250 is that it's next to impossible to swap out the radio..

Nice work man. I wish I was as motivated as you, but sadly, unless I could pay someone to do it, I'll just go with my setup where I use my samsung epic as my music source.
Old 03-03-11, 02:34 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Deegee
Woah Wtf thats ugly, i'd keep my oem disc changer over most things that don't have an LCD screen attached to it.. ( I dont have nav )
Say it's ugly if you want, really doesn't bother me bro. To each his own, seriously. I am VERY picky, and it's good enough for me. As for the purists, I still have my factory display faceplate and my factory cd changer. The entire system can be put back to stock in about 3 hours, if I ever chose to do so.
As for the sound quality, my sub and box (tuned to 35hz) can play bass so low that you feel it more than you hear it. My mid-bass from the woofers in the doors make it sound like there is a drum set in the car with you. Lastly, the highs generated by my tweeters are so friggin loud and so clear, that they will bring tears to your eyes. That's why I did it in the first place, and what makes it worth all of the work.

Quick Reply: Single DIN Dash Kit For IS250/350