IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

AirBag light ON *with resolution**TSB*

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-15, 07:41 PM
nyclexus11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jst17
If anyone need a VIDEO of the process of fixing this issue. Please PM me with your email. I will send you a video of myself doing it.
Hi Jay can you please post a video on this ? Or a more detailed step by step guide please. I am a little confused between which wires to plug in. Can anyone help please.

Below is the image please explain which one to pull

what should I pull 1, 2 or 3 please help
Attached Thumbnails AirBag light ON *with resolution**TSB*-airbag2defined.jpg  
Old 03-29-15, 09:53 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Pretty sure it's 2
Old 03-31-15, 08:54 AM
littleyan9
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

number 2, wiggle it around and see if that fixes it!
Old 04-02-15, 04:46 PM
jgoorn
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TooFly4Ya
Light came on yesterday while driving then went off while at WaWa's, there is no way im paying 2k for a fricken wire harness. Just isnt going to happen. 75k miles on the is350.
fixed

10char

also please don't be yankin on airbag cables if you don't know which one does what.
Old 04-06-15, 11:32 AM
nyclexus11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cbst09
Guys, I just purchased a 2006 Lexus IS250 and the airbag light was on. I saw this thread and pushed both the drivers side as well as passenger side plugs in securely. Neither seemed loose but after I reconnected the battery the airbag light is now off. I hope this stays off and if it does, this is the greatest thread EVER! Thank you!
Where is the passenger side plug you found? Do you mind explaining a little bit? I can only see one under the steering wheel.
Old 04-06-15, 01:28 PM
nyclexus11
Driver School Candidate

really need some help on this... please if someone can write or post a video of how should I wiggle or tighten the wiring connections ?

I remove the battery connections before I do anything with the airbag but once I opened up the side panel I do not know what all to tighten and what to check.

Please help, this will save me $3500 which the dealer is asking to fix all the harness.
Old 04-07-15, 08:10 PM
kevin125
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nyclexus11
really need some help on this... please if someone can write or post a video of how should I wiggle or tighten the wiring connections ?

I remove the battery connections before I do anything with the airbag but once I opened up the side panel I do not know what all to tighten and what to check.

Please help, this will save me $3500 which the dealer is asking to fix all the harness.
Where in nyc your located? I'm located in the bx but I work in scarsdale. If your around there I can swing by or if you want to meet somewhere I can help you. If not this is for everyone trying to figure it out, someone posted a picture above and asked which number is the problem, number 2 is where the loose connection is at. So First please disconnect both positive and negative leads to to your battery. Wait 5 minutes, I repeat 5 minutes to be on the safe side, so no air bags or sensors will be triggered! Now remove all your covers and etc. I found it easier to just remove the black cover all the way at the bottom where the driver fuse box is. Much easier to access this harness. I do not recommend tugging on the wiring or wiggling it because you don't want this wire to break. Then you will be paying 3 grands if it breaks or comes out of the connector. All you have to do is push the wire/connector in. Push with some force but not too much force to break anything. Also make sure the wire is free and not tied down or tight. This cause it to tug on bumps. If the light goes off after this, no need to do the passenger side. Its been raining and cold here. So if I get a chance I will try to make a video
Old 04-10-15, 03:18 AM
zazzn
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I also have this issue on my IS-F 2008... I haven't seen it for about a year since I moved out of SF, but I would see it in SF hitting all the pot holes and stuff going down 101....

This certainly isn't a one off thing.
Old 04-10-15, 07:10 AM
nyclexus11
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kevin125
Where in nyc your located? I'm located in the bx but I work in scarsdale. If your around there I can swing by or if you want to meet somewhere I can help you. If not this is for everyone trying to figure it out, someone posted a picture above and asked which number is the problem, number 2 is where the loose connection is at. So First please disconnect both positive and negative leads to to your battery. Wait 5 minutes, I repeat 5 minutes to be on the safe side, so no air bags or sensors will be triggered! Now remove all your covers and etc. I found it easier to just remove the black cover all the way at the bottom where the driver fuse box is. Much easier to access this harness. I do not recommend tugging on the wiring or wiggling it because you don't want this wire to break. Then you will be paying 3 grands if it breaks or comes out of the connector. All you have to do is push the wire/connector in. Push with some force but not too much force to break anything. Also make sure the wire is free and not tied down or tight. This cause it to tug on bumps. If the light goes off after this, no need to do the passenger side. Its been raining and cold here. So if I get a chance I will try to make a video
I live in North Brooklyn. I disconnected the battery for about 2 days and then pushed Number 2 as in the picture above in the thread. The light went off, when I restarted the car but came back on when I restarted it again later in the day. As you said I just pushed it inside, I did not pull it out like iNfectious said. Wire seems free and not tied down with anything. Maybe passenger side is an issue in my car. Do you know where to find the passenger side harness ?
Old 04-10-15, 05:21 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

hello all

I just wanted to say thanks for the tip. my wifes 08 IS-F had the light and the dealer wanted something like $1200 to replace the wiring. I pushed the connector in and it resolved the issue

cheers
Old 04-10-15, 07:10 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

I live in North Brooklyn. I disconnected the battery for about 2 days and then pushed Number 2 as in the picture above in the thread. The light went off, when I restarted the car but came back on when I restarted it again later in the day. As you said I just pushed it inside, I did not pull it out like iNfectious said. Wire seems free and not tied down with anything. Maybe passenger side is an issue in my car. Do you know where to find the passenger side harness ?
Under the glovebox. Take off the bottom panel and you will see it.
Old 04-27-15, 09:00 PM
Nfermin101
Driver School Candidate

I did the same on my car. I did the one on the driver side and the light didn't go off so I took the passenger panel off secure it firmly. And now it's gone.
Old 04-28-15, 10:40 AM
lexuspaaji
Driver School Candidate

could someone explain how to take the passenger side panel off and wheres its exactly located. I couldnt for the life of me get it off. Thank you
Old 04-28-15, 12:05 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuspaaji
could someone explain how to take the passenger side panel off and wheres its exactly located. I couldnt for the life of me get it off. Thank you
The pictures are showing the panel in the driver side.
Old 04-29-15, 07:23 PM
lexuspaaji
Driver School Candidate

yeah ive tried the driver side, but the light keeps coming back on, so i think im having the same problem as Nfermin101, so just need to know how to take the passenger side panel off.

Quick Reply: AirBag light ON *with resolution**TSB*