Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-10, 08:25 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile *UpdatedINSTALLED PG2*Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler /w Pics

Hey CL,

So last night I received my replica CF Jun roof spoiler and wanted to show it off. I was almost going to purchase the color matched authentic Jun spoiler but I couldn't push myself to spending almost double the price for it.

Also this didn't come with any 3M tape at all so I was wondering for all those who installed there roof spoilers, how did you go about placing your 3m tape on the back side of this spoiler.

Also threw in a pic of my car and will update this thread thread once i get it installed!
Attached Thumbnails Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler *Pics*-imag0162.jpg   Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler *Pics*-imag0161.jpg   Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler *Pics*-imag0160.jpg  

Last edited by Deegee; 12-16-10 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-15-10, 08:29 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! if you flip it over just follow the lines with the 3m tape from home depot or lowes. make sure you properly clean the area before applying the tape. good luck
Old 12-15-10, 08:35 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man, put some pics up when its installed!
Old 12-15-10, 08:38 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks exactly like my CF JUN Spoiler! I think I might go the replica route now - I'm not satisfied with the durability of my authentic piece, and don't feel like dropping $300 for another.
Old 12-15-10, 08:55 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by montgb
Looks exactly like my CF JUN Spoiler! I think I might go the replica route now - I'm not satisfied with the durability of my authentic piece, and don't feel like dropping $300 for another.
Yeah I was really worried about getting a knock off that wasn't EXACLY like the JUN style, and to my surprise this one has the exact curves as the JUN. So I was really surprised and Can't wait to put it on.

I'm going to go ahead and securely put a long strip across the whole top portion and edges of each side before installing. Thanks for that idea, also I didn't even think about cleaning the surface (duh) Thanks for the advice on that too.. I'll definitely throw up pics, I may get camera happy and put some up tonight in the dark. But definitely during the day.
Old 12-15-10, 09:09 AM
JMcDonald
Lead Lap

Ima tell you this.......most replicas now are damn near perfect to the other ones, they use the same material....and when you buy authentic, your just buying the name.....but it is good to be different and have stuff no one has.
Old 12-15-10, 09:14 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

Ya if you don't clean the surface the 3m tape won't hold and over time you'll have to replace it.
Old 12-15-10, 09:37 AM
Shinedown
Driver

I wish I had just as positive an experience. I bought a color matched JUN style replica spoiler of ebay for $150 and the quality was awful. The paint color matched well enough but had ripples and divits all over it.
Old 12-15-10, 09:49 AM
pratik_10
Pole Position

i bought a replica also but mine is color matched it looks exactly like yours. it fits the car really well. mine didnt come with the tape installed but had a role of it in the box along with silicone. i just washed the glass with rubbing alcohol and the spoiler to let it sit for a min and installed. its been on there for a couple months we got bad rain a lot of wind and its still holding pretty good.
Old 12-15-10, 09:50 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Nice work!
Old 12-15-10, 09:54 AM
busdepot
Lead Lap

use windex/glass cleaner, then an alcohol. make sure too you get all the bits of dust/paper towel off before you put it down. Also, make sure you have two people to apply to get it perfectly centered. I did mine myself and ended up ripping it off to do it again :S
Old 12-15-10, 10:23 AM
altezza01
Rookie

where you get the spoiler at??
Old 12-15-10, 10:27 AM
IS350rock
Driver

Originally Posted by Deegee
Yeah I was really worried about getting a knock off that wasn't EXACLY like the JUN style, and to my surprise this one has the exact curves as the JUN. So I was really surprised and Can't wait to put it on.

I'm going to go ahead and securely put a long strip across the whole top portion and edges of each side before installing. Thanks for that idea, also I didn't even think about cleaning the surface (duh) Thanks for the advice on that too.. I'll definitely throw up pics, I may get camera happy and put some up tonight in the dark. But definitely during the day.

I was wondering were you got your roof spoiler I want to order one??
Old 12-15-10, 10:27 AM
meangene
Lead Lap

He probably got it off of ebay. Search for is250 roof spoiler
Old 12-15-10, 10:58 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by busdepot
use windex/glass cleaner, then an alcohol. make sure too you get all the bits of dust/paper towel off before you put it down. Also, make sure you have two people to apply to get it perfectly centered. I did mine myself and ended up ripping it off to do it again :S
Thanks for the advice! I will definitly do this, and thankfully I'll have an extra set of hands with me while doing the install tonight!

Originally Posted by meangene
He probably got it off of ebay. Search for is250 roof spoiler
Yep hes right, theres tons of different auctions up...

This is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CARBO...Q5fAccessories the one I purchased

Quick Reply: Just received my Jun Replica Roof Spoiler *Pics*