IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Custom Center Console Lid -- Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-10, 12:56 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Cool Custom Center Console Lid -- Coming Soon!

I'm going to be sending in my center console lid to DSVettes to get it re-done to be more comfortable, and custom to match my car and liking.

Since my car is SFP w/ black leather, I am leaning towards doing black leather on the sides and white leather on the top, with a Circle "L" Lexus logo on the top, with black stitching. Below is a (crude) 3D rendering i threw together to get more of an idea what I'm looking at doing. Anyone know how bad white leather would be for this area? I've only had black leather in life, I imagine just wipe it down every now and then and it'll be good?

Thoughts, opinions, idea's are welcome, I wont be sending it in until after the thanksgiving holidays.

I will post back on this thread pricing, timing, and quality of their work when i get it back (although they are well established in the corvette world).

EDIT: new pic of inverted color scheme.

Last edited by heyarms; 11-23-10 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 01:11 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend had white leather inserts in his seats and they were hard to keep clean.
Old 11-23-10, 01:19 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Yeah thats my only real debate, so if the consensus is "white gets too dirty", i could just invert my generic idea... white on the sides, black top, white stitched logo, white stitching all around.
Old 11-23-10, 01:20 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

given that elbows will be resting on the targeted SFP area, it'll require a lot to keep clean. i remember having even a light gray interior where the armrest was located, and it was hard to keep clean. somehow it got dirty rather quickly after each interior detail, i detail at least once a month. it gets to be too much of a chore sometimes. how bout switching the colors- black armrest with SFP stitching for the"L" emblem? it does look like a nice design.
Old 11-23-10, 01:21 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white leather will be harder to keep clean as you well know, but I say do it! It will look great with SFP. Keep us posted on the results. I def. want to do this...black leather, blue F-Sport stitching with the "L" logo.
Old 11-23-10, 01:24 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Have you considered any other colors? I can't wait to see what this looks like. Do you have a rough estimate of the cost?
Old 11-23-10, 01:35 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Rough estimate would be around $290 with a stitched logo on it. This is my assumption because that's what the corvette console lid costs to be two-toned leather with a logo stitched on. It could be more/less, i guess it depends on how much more/less leather they have to use and maybe the difficulty (ours seem fairly simple).

It's looking like i should probably switch to white sides, black top, white logo, white stitching. I would have possibly looked into other flashier colors, maybe hints of red or bright blue, but my car is white and i have the blacked tails/emblems, no other real colors (except from yellow fog overlays I'm about to slap on, not sure how i'll like them, but they were $8), so i figured I should stick with white/black for my car.
Old 11-23-10, 01:39 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

White leather would be a nightmare to keep clean, especially since you rest your elbow there. What about perforated black leather with blue stitching for the logo?
Old 11-23-10, 01:50 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

I just covered my with 3m Dinoc carbon fiber ...looks good, feels good, and protects the leather underneath
Old 11-23-10, 01:50 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Perforated black leather on top might be a nice touch. I also might want them to put a "rib" in towards the middle to somewhat match the seats.
Old 11-23-10, 01:57 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Perforated black leather on top might be a nice touch. I also might want them to put a "rib" in towards the middle to somewhat match the seats.
Yeah, and have the rib accented with blue stitching too.
Old 11-23-10, 01:58 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vinconist
I just covered my with 3m Dinoc carbon fiber ...looks good, feels good, and protects the leather underneath
What happens to the leather after you peel it off? lets say 6months to a year after baking in the sun?
Old 11-23-10, 02:10 PM
meangene
Lead Lap

Do you have any pics of your armrest? My black leather armrest has a nasty looking smudge that won't come off and I've been looking for a few alternatives
Old 11-23-10, 02:17 PM
vinconist
Pole Position

Nothing happens, I've had it my steering wheel for a year and I took it off when I switched out the my steering wheel and the leathers good as new ...I'll post pics when I get time
Old 11-23-10, 02:22 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing happens, I've had it my steering wheel for a year and I took it off when I switched out the my steering wheel and the leathers good as new ...I'll post pics when I get time

good to know.

Quick Reply: Custom Center Console Lid -- Coming Soon!