IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Valve Spring Recall - $$$ Bonus

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-10, 03:27 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, just got off the phone with Lexus customer experience line, and here is how it was explained to me:

1. Everyone will have an extension on their powertrain warranty, an extra year and she was unclear on the mileage.
2. Everyone will get the certificate towards the purchase of a new car.
3. Depending on the "smoothness" of your experience with the recall, the gift voucher will vary (she told me the least amount was $500). If it takes forever and they mess up your car, you will be given more for the inconvenience.

These vouchers are being sent out by Lexus Financial, and she said that if you don't get anything mailed in a "timely manner" then call them at 1-800-874-7050. Sounds like they really want to keep us happy in our cars, and a new F-sport exhaust or sways just might do that!
Old 10-26-10, 05:55 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the recall requires removal of bumper, intake, etc?

I have too much aftermarket mods on my car and I don't want them to f things up..
Old 10-26-10, 08:11 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ omg...
Old 10-26-10, 11:33 PM
integlspwr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quick123
Ok, just got off the phone with Lexus customer experience line, and here is how it was explained to me:

1. Everyone will have an extension on their powertrain warranty, an extra year and she was unclear on the mileage.
3. Depending on the "smoothness" of your experience with the recall, the gift voucher will vary (she told me the least amount was $500). If it takes forever and they mess up your car, you will be given more for the inconvenience.

These vouchers are being sent out by Lexus Financial, and she said that if you don't get anything mailed in a "timely manner" then call them at 1-800-874-7050. Sounds like they really want to keep us happy in our cars, and a new F-sport exhaust or sways just might do that!
sweet. i'll sceduale my recall around thanksgiving week end. =)
Old 10-27-10, 01:52 AM
flexthatdx
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it took lexus more than a week to finish my recall. I hope they will give me a little more for the trouble.
Old 10-27-10, 12:48 PM
Thr3350
Pole Position

Hmm I got my recall done yesterday and got my car back the same day. I would still like to get a voucher though. I need an early Xmas gift to myself haha
Old 11-02-10, 08:48 AM
spicaly
Driver

Originally Posted by quick123

Thanks for doing the homework for us lol
Old 11-02-10, 01:34 PM
armstronga
Rookie

i got the letter but no $500 gift card... I also do not have the extended warrenty
Old 11-02-10, 02:07 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I just got the letter yesterday and it didn't come with any voucher or gift card. Called the local dealership and tried to make an appointment. They said they were backed up and the earliest date would be mid-December...

A service rep was supposed to call me back to schedule the appointment, but 5 hrs later I still haven't heard a beep.
Old 11-02-10, 02:13 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spicaly
Thanks for doing the homework for us lol
No problem...it's kind of my job!
Old 11-02-10, 02:19 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Initial G
I just got the letter yesterday and it didn't come with any voucher or gift card. Called the local dealership and tried to make an appointment. They said they were backed up and the earliest date would be mid-December...

A service rep was supposed to call me back to schedule the appointment, but 5 hrs later I still haven't heard a beep.
Same here. Got letter but no gift card.

Tried to make a appointment for the recall but it seems backed up. Need to get my engine rattled fix also..
Old 11-02-10, 03:17 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

hey guys/gals. for the people who took the car to do the recall or are booked to do the recall, can u please post the dealership. lets me know which dealership is available to do the recall. thanks all !
Old 11-02-10, 03:31 PM
ptran
Rookie

Originally Posted by flexthatdx
it took lexus more than a week to finish my recall. I hope they will give me a little more for the trouble.
They have my car for more than a month now. I should get at least triple of what you get.
Old 11-02-10, 04:57 PM
lilscrapy8
Rookie

Originally Posted by funnie
hey guys/gals. for the people who took the car to do the recall or are booked to do the recall, can u please post the dealership. lets me know which dealership is available to do the recall. thanks all !

I took Mine to South Bay Lexus in Torrance,CA

It took them a week.
Old 11-02-10, 05:09 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by funnie
longo lexus...next tuesday to get the pedal and valve spring recall and few warranty items done. can you belive this they reserved me a LS460!!!

Last edited by suicidesam; 11-02-10 at 07:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Valve Spring Recall - $$$ Bonus