IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 04:36 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******

show us your gfx kits, it doesnt matter if you just have the complete kit or just some parts. Cant wait to see some great pics!
Old 10-07-10, 08:08 AM
TOMMYPHAM
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check here before we start this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...it-thread.html
Old 10-07-10, 11:44 AM
Eurosport
Rookie

lol el searcho buttones
Old 10-07-10, 03:09 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TOMMYPHAM
check here before we start this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...it-thread.html

i did check that thread previously but there really wasnt too many pics, i thought more people had the gfx kit so i thought i would start this thread, plus im hoping that some members with 09+ ISx50's will post some pics. thanks
Old 03-28-13, 03:43 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

I will bump my own old thread......my car with added gfx sides and rear
Attached Thumbnails ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******-lexus7.jpg   ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******-lexus1.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 03:51 PM
TopGearLA
Rookie

no offense to you personally, but i dont get guys that get an IS250 and spend about the same/more money on cosmetic parts vs starting out with an IS350. I had an IS250 first but I didnt go further than some gfx parts. New wheels, alone, on IS250s make me wonder how that happens...lets not get started on people debadging... apparently only IS250 drivers like the "clean look". You didn't go too crazy or anything but to me...

overkitted IS250 owners = bad at math.
Old 03-28-13, 04:04 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TopGearLA
no offense to you personally, but i dont get guys that get an IS250 and spend about the same/more money on cosmetic parts vs starting out with an IS350. I had an IS250 first but I didnt go further than some gfx parts. New wheels, alone, on IS250s make me wonder how that happens...lets not get started on people debadging... apparently only IS250 drivers like the "clean look". You didn't go too crazy or anything but to me...

Hey i never take anything personally, but im kinda confused about what your saying....are you suggesting that instead of buying a 250 and modding to your liking, to just spend the xtra money and get a 350 and keep stock ??
Old 03-28-13, 05:39 PM
infate
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some rather have a "show car" rather than a "fast car". I'd be more impressed by a person who has a IS250 with $5k worth of mods than a stock IS350, but that's just me personally. Some people don't need that much horsepower and just want to make their car nice.

I guess I can't argue without being biased towards IS250 owners, but honestly, if I had an IS350, I'd debadge the car as well. I could argue the same for 335i and 328i owners, where they also debadge their cars.

It's a matter of personal opinion and other variables such as costs at that particular moment, where later people, IS250 owners, start to deindividualize themselves from the norm. I guess to you, it's stupid. haha.
Old 03-28-13, 05:51 PM
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate

Perhaps we are great at math! We are saving money by buying a 250 to be able to fund our modding to add a personal touch, so we won't all look the same. It's all about perception. I think if you are satisfied with what you do, that's all that should really matter.
Old 03-28-13, 06:27 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

First off 250/350 same body no matter how you cut. Next for those of us who are slammed /aggressive we don't go 150mph. We're low and slow so engine size doesn't matter. By the way why you buy a 350 when you could bought an ISF? Cause the 350 is slow too.
Old 03-28-13, 06:28 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's get back on topic before we lose all chances of it being left opened. I think this thread is a great idea, a thread for those with complete or an almost complete GFX kit. At least Two. Sides & rear, front & rear, front & sides and of course the full kit. Almost like a picture of your right now but for GFX owners. Or ignore me and close the thread

Last edited by Vroomin350; 03-28-13 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-28-13, 07:12 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my rear on today (already had front) and am looking forward to adding pics to this thread in the next couple days! I can't wait to see some of the great pics of members cars. I saw so many when researching the rear kit and there are some very nice cars rollin with the GFX on CL.....
Old 03-28-13, 08:17 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My addition..GFX rears and sides!!!
Attached Thumbnails ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******-dsc_0394.jpg   ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******-dsc_0391.jpg  
Old 03-28-13, 08:43 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that comment came out of no where! lol
Old 03-28-13, 08:58 PM
biiishplz
Driver School Candidate

For those of you who did the rear bumper GFX, did you do the install yourself, or did you have it done at the dealer or a third party shop? I bought the GFX sides from Sewell with their killer deal going on for SGM pre-painted ones right now, but I haven't made up my mind about doing the rear. I may do a 2011+ F Sport front end conversion at some point down the line, or go the route of the OE 2006-2010 front GFX lip. Either way, I have no plans to do 2012 LED DRL headlights, as I really like my AFS on winding roads. Any input is much appreciated.

Quick Reply: ****** Official GFX Kit Thread ******