Favorite accessory (for the money)?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 09:22 PM
dnrc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one I'm talking about is indeed the one sangmaru listed:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...0-2010-82.html

After any coupons or discounts, should be able to get it around $200. I didn't bother with the key blank (what's a key??), this one just goes in your wallet. Touch the door to open, same as before, push the button to lock, same as before, you just don't have to carry the key fob around. It's got the same RFID as the key fob. It doesn't have any buttons like the key fob, but who needs those? That's the whole point of having the touch access and RFID. Well worth the $200 IMO.
Old 09-20-10, 09:52 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i would have to say tint is my favorite. though having keyless entry for me is enough, i think the wallet key is overkill IMO
Old 09-21-10, 12:35 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

silicone jacket i got for my key fob. i drop my keys a lot so it helps. clumsy me. plus it's easier to find. ultrasonic blue.
Old 09-21-10, 09:33 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dnrc
The one I'm talking about is indeed the one sangmaru listed:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...0-2010-82.html

After any coupons or discounts, should be able to get it around $200. I didn't bother with the key blank (what's a key??), this one just goes in your wallet. Touch the door to open, same as before, push the button to lock, same as before, you just don't have to carry the key fob around. It's got the same RFID as the key fob. It doesn't have any buttons like the key fob, but who needs those? That's the whole point of having the touch access and RFID. Well worth the $200 IMO.
Are the programming instructions floating around here somewhere? Is it pretty simple to program?
Old 09-21-10, 12:14 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Raralith
F-Sport rear sway bar for the RWD's. Best ~$250 installed accessory, so much less body roll compared to stock, and its something you use every single day (unless you don't make any turns).
I was under the impression it was in the $400 price range (http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...0-2008-20.html ) - would I have to go used to get it for $250? I have an '08 IS 350 that's over 30k miles now. And from what I understand, if I do one thing, it should be this.

Originally Posted by nairb

Also, what is this wallet key I've been reading about? I looked and its $80 on sewell (http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2010-161.html). Does it still contain the magnet or how does it work? It would be easier to not carry my key around but I love love love the fact that all it takes to open my door is two fingers inside the door handle.
yeah, I'm wondering this too.

Originally Posted by fasteddy91
Complete GFX kit for 200 bucks from Sewell in Sept 08!
I never really considered a GFX kit. Did a quick google search and stumbled upon this thread. Really like the way the kit looked on the first car on top, but not feeling it on the white car in the bottom pics. if it was $200 as a special deal, what's the price usually for a gfx kit? that guy was selling for $400.

lol, as someone who wants to find used IS-F wheels for next spring when I get off my winters, I don't agree with this:

Originally Posted by dnrc
..Yes, $2K IS-F wheels look great.......but the regular IS wheels are nice too, so not sure there's tons of value to that change.....nor do I particularly care to pretend my 250 is an IS-F.......it's not! Saw an IS-350 at the dealer the other day with an IS-F appearance package......looked nice, but seemed kind of half-a** to me........wasn't that much cheaper than the IS-F either by the time they were done, but still didn't have the engine.......if you want the IS-F, don't pretend! Sorry, stepping off the soap box now.
If something makes your car look nicer I don't feel it's about pretending. But I can respect your opinion and sort of understand where you're coming from.

(although I'm really liking the way the F-sport rims look on the 2011 IS pictured here: http://www.lexus.com/performance/#/f...IS/highlights/ . Depending on cost and everything, maybe I'll go with this instead? From what I've read there's quite a bit involved w/ going w/ a size up on wheels/tires )
Old 09-21-10, 12:52 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nairb
600k HIDs $225
Red Horde symbol vinyl stick on the back window - $5
All interior + puddle lights to LED green - $40

Also, what is this wallet key I've been reading about? I looked and its $80 on sewell (http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2010-161.html). Does it still contain the magnet or how does it work? It would be easier to not carry my key around but I love love love the fact that all it takes to open my door is two fingers inside the door handle.
The URL you quote is a simple manual key they cut for you.

Where would this key go? On the outside of your car next to the handle ... the cover comes off revealing a manual lock where you can use the key to unlock the door (if you don't have a fob/smartcard with you).

The key also hides/slides in the smartcard when you are not using it.

Hope that answers your question.

Review: I love my Smartcard & manual key combination. :-) The biggest pain was getting the right one (my VIN pulled up the wrong part number), and getting the dealer to program it.
Old 09-21-10, 01:50 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raralith
F-Sport rear sway bar for the RWD's. Best ~$250 installed accessory, so much less body roll compared to stock, and its something you use every single day (unless you don't make any turns).
i dont make any turns. =)
Old 09-21-10, 02:04 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

I love the clear bra. It's doing a great job of keeping the rocks away from the paint.
Old 09-21-10, 02:07 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shahryar
I was under the impression it was in the $400 price range (http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...0-2008-20.html ) - would I have to go used to get it for $250? I have an '08 IS 350 that's over 30k miles now. And from what I understand, if I do one thing, it should be this.
I got the sway bar price matched for $200 (on sale at a much farther dealer that they call, confirmed, and gave me), install would have been $100 but they screwed up on something in the past (I just bought it CPO) so they gave me $50 off.

Edit: Looking at your link, Sewell is charing $381.50 witht he ClubLexus discount, but that is also the sway bar set which is both front and rear; I only bought the rear.

Last edited by Raralith; 09-21-10 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-21-10, 02:41 PM
OPTiK
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowman
I love the clear bra. It's doing a great job of keeping the rocks away from the paint.
This! It's probably one of the best/most important mods if you want to keep your car looking as good as it was the day you drove it off the lot. Soft paint is the worst for rock chips!! I got like 3-4 the first week I had my car, then I got full hood/bumper so now I don't have to worry about it (going back to get mirrors soon).
Old 09-21-10, 03:09 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

^ the front is not worth it? Also, I heard there's no point in paying for installation, it's really easy to do
Old 09-21-10, 03:12 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

^^^

It's simple if you know what you are doing. I also recommend having another person to help you with peeling and laying it out.

The hood and fender is ok. But the hardest part is the bumper due to the shape. Prepare to spend over 3 hours on the bumper if it's your first time. This requires ALOT of patience.

A clean area (garage) is also very helpful. You don't want to trap dust when installing this.

Tools: Squeegee, hair dryer/heat gun, spray bottle, baby shampoo, some beer (this will take a while)
Old 09-21-10, 03:45 PM
Raralith
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Shahryar
^ the front is not worth it? Also, I heard there's no point in paying for installation, it's really easy to do
Were you talking about the sway bar or the clear bra? Seemed like the sway bar, and if so, the front, as far as I have read, is not worth it because it adds only a few percentage of stiffness on a RWD car. As for installation, you sure can do it yourself, but for $50-$100, you get the "warranty" which means they won't hassle you in case something breaks and try to blame what you installed yourself and aftermarket assecories.
Old 09-21-10, 06:45 PM
dnrc
Driver School Candidate

Someone post a link for the clear bra please? The soft paint and frequent dings is one of my biggest annoyances!