IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The mod you regret the most.

Old 01-22-13, 09:33 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a thread like this already, but i would say my intake so far.....which i have now sold.
Old 01-22-13, 09:41 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

free visors...i shouldn't install them but I did for a month then got some AVS which i love now...lol
Old 01-22-13, 10:18 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

the only regret mod I did to my car was took it to some dump a$$ guy to roll my rear fender, he did even know what he was doing, he used hammer to smash my fender, I stopped him, but too late he already half of my fender, so I went home and finish the rest, now I worry that fender will get rust, but got profestional respray that area, hope it hold up for long time, because of that I will never drive my car in the winter
Old 01-22-13, 03:08 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OEM rotors.

I know blank rotors are the best for daily use, but I wish I had opted for aftermarket slotted rotors that had their hubs painted. I hate how my OEM rotors' hub kind of turn a rust color after a car wash, and I would have sacrifice a little brake life in order to look better haha. My brakes last too long...I coast too well
Old 01-22-13, 05:43 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iRyan
free visors...i shouldn't install them but I did for a month then got some AVS which i love now...lol
Fair warning on the AVS seamless visors.... They will slowly bend in and hit your window glass. I loved them at first but had this issue after about six months. I was able to space them away from the glass with folded cardboard and then heat them with a heat gun. That worked for a while but they did it again. I ended up warping one (already sited and confessed in one of my threads) and just left them the way they are for now. Before heating them the first time, the window glass would actually hit the visor when rolling the windows up. Much cheaper than the JDM visors but damn! Hope you have better luck with yours. They do look great though.
Old 01-22-13, 05:44 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
OEM rotors.

I know blank rotors are the best for daily use, but I wish I had opted for aftermarket slotted rotors that had their hubs painted. I hate how my OEM rotors' hub kind of turn a rust color after a car wash, and I would have sacrifice a little brake life in order to look better haha. My brakes last too long...I coast too well
X2 on this one. When I bought the IS, the brakes needed to be replaced. I got high quality Centric pads and rotors (and still have them over two years later), but would have done slotted if I had it to do over again.
Old 01-22-13, 07:24 PM
sgmbab
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by juvi22003
There is a thread like this already, but i would say my intake so far.....which i have now sold.
Why and what intake did you have?
Old 01-23-13, 03:51 PM
audiohouse
Driver School Candidate

I really dont like the intake I installed....
Old 03-14-14, 01:03 PM
imcalister
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bob4256
Smoking out my tails, cheap led strips on the headlights, getting blue interior leds, fsport exhaust, resonator delete, etc lol
Why the smoking of Tails and Blue LEDs?
Old 03-14-14, 01:34 PM
dapimpee
Pole Position

[QUOTE=PN250;5685637]5 Cracks - and i had the rims less then 4 months give or take.

Linea corse - lemans.
I should have saved up and pay the extra couple of hundred or thousand for the BBS LM's.

Linea corse rims are casted so one crack will do it for you. even when you fix the crack, it is most likley your rim will crack again i can almost promise you.

I had mine welded and fixed twice already. i'll snap some pics when i get it back from the shop and show you. Horrible.

ps. I live in Los Angeles...
Pot holes > Linea corse[/QUOTE

I would never buy Linea Corse or any replicas.....to me replica = wanna to be ...LOL
Old 05-25-14, 08:57 PM
OKCIS
Rookie

Am I the only one that doesn't regret getting a 250? I drive 32.6 miles to work one way so i love getting almost 31mpg. I have an IS300 and a supra for when i want to go fast. No mods regretted on the 250 i've modded enough cars in my life i'm kind of to the point where i know what i want and don't want from the start. 250 has a Wald rep spoiler, BC coils, Strasse forged wheels and that's it. I see absolutely no point in touching the engine of a 250.
Old 05-25-14, 09:10 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I hate my rear plastidipped emblems, they will be coming off soon and going back to stock chrome.
Old 05-25-14, 09:14 PM
510to808
Pole Position

not a mod, but the girl that made me drive to her house when i was half asleep and crashed my car!
Old 05-26-14, 07:22 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only regret is going air suspension.. most hassle and most expensive mod to fail on me. The AirREX struts (rear) snapped on me twice over winter months. AirREX customer service was amazing but I need more proven results before I go back in a couple of years.

All other mods, I do not regret. I do regret not grabbing a few things over the last few months such as weathertech floor mats and F-sport sway bars
Old 05-26-14, 12:21 PM
BoyOhBoy
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zelfiris
Only regret is going air suspension.. most hassle and most expensive mod to fail on me. The AirREX struts (rear) snapped on me twice over winter months. AirREX customer service was amazing but I need more proven results before I go back in a couple of years.

All other mods, I do not regret. I do regret not grabbing a few things over the last few months such as weathertech floor mats and F-sport sway bars
I'm thinking about going with UAS for air. Any warnings?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The mod you regret the most.