IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The mod you regret the most.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 09:57 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say my HID from ddm..even after a relay install, they seem to be intermittent. Also, i dont know if it is just me but I am getting crappy cutoff (nonexistant) with the aftermarket kit and I feel like it is not even brighter than my halogens...
Old 08-03-10, 09:57 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ant1030
Whats wrong with springs?
They're non-adjustable, can't fix the "Lexus lean," can't go low enough, harsh ride quality...
Old 08-04-10, 09:20 AM
TFG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PN250
5 Cracks - and i had the rims less then 4 months give or take.

Linea corse - lemans.
I should have saved up and pay the extra couple of hundred or thousand for the BBS LM's.

Linea corse rims are casted so one crack will do it for you. even when you fix the crack, it is most likley your rim will crack again i can almost promise you.

I had mine welded and fixed twice already. i'll snap some pics when i get it back from the shop and show you. Horrible.

ps. I live in Los Angeles...
Pot holes > Linea corse

this is not good.
Old 08-04-10, 09:23 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I didn't know that. Is it just for one start/stop cycle?
When I turn on my car with the footbrakes on there are no DRL on. As soon as the foot brake is off the DRL comes on instantly. I would assume this is true for just turning on the car's electronics as well without starting the motor.
Old 08-04-10, 09:41 AM
TFG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by redline201
wow alot of regret with these linea corse lms. i was soooo close to buying a set too. guess ill keep my prodrives and get them repaired.
i know, i already put a deposit down for some gunmetals, wish i would have heard this advice before hand.
Old 08-04-10, 12:12 PM
WheelDude.com
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by redline201
wow alot of regret with these linea corse lms. i was soooo close to buying a set too. guess ill keep my prodrives and get them repaired.
a lot?

There was just 1 person who regretted his purchase and he bought the wheels used...not sure if the previous owner had them repaired or what not....the history of them is not known

Also, when you repair a cast wheel, it WILL tend to crack again, the welds don't hold up as well as the original casting

I'm not saying the wheels are indestructible, they can get damaged if a pothole is hit hard enough, but for the most part if you are careful and try to avoid deep potholes you should be ok.

If you look at most the posts here about Linea Corse wheels, people are very pleased with them
Old 08-04-10, 10:36 PM
6Sp33d
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
a lot?

There was just 1 person who regretted his purchase and he bought the wheels used...not sure if the previous owner had them repaired or what not....the history of them is not known

Also, when you repair a cast wheel, it WILL tend to crack again, the welds don't hold up as well as the original casting

I'm not saying the wheels are indestructible, they can get damaged if a pothole is hit hard enough, but for the most part if you are careful and try to avoid deep potholes you should be ok.

If you look at most the posts here about Linea Corse wheels, people are very pleased with them
i never meant to say anything bad about the brand at all. ive bought wheels from wheeldude.com at least 5 times, they are great to deal with and ive never had bad experiences with reps to be honest. i guess i should have been more specific when i said used because they were also bent and needed to be repaired when i first got them. still love the wheels and they are still in my garage.
Old 08-04-10, 10:37 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as of now all of them cause im parting out lol
Old 08-04-10, 11:10 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350
I'm going to assume you're joking. Didn't you just get done repairing your car?
Old 08-04-10, 11:10 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

ya, going 1st gen
Old 08-04-10, 11:13 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz
Originally Posted by Mv350
I'm going to assume you're joking. Didn't you just get done repairing your car?
yep i dont get it ... you sound like the 'show' guys here, build a car for one show season then part out and sell the parts/sell the car... i guess balla is as balla does
Old 08-04-10, 11:32 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

haha when i get the 1is my new wheels are going on there 19x10.5+22 going on the rear. can you say crazy pull
Old 08-05-10, 12:14 AM
PN250
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not trying to knock linea corse... I Like my Lemans but... Los Angeles roads eat them up.

When I bought my rims it was from a trusted forum and member, and also when I bought them of course I inspected them before i bought them....why wouldn't?.. I wouldn't do a blind buy on a used item....

Of course I'm going to avoid all the potholes I can, who in the right mind wouldn't want to avoid them??...

on any note that is solely my experience.

im just saying I HIGHLY doubt i'll buy cast wheels again.
The following users liked this post:
RatherBeToplessISC (09-03-23)
Old 08-05-10, 12:31 AM
tommigsr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PN250
Im not trying to knock linea corse... I Like my Lemans but... Los Angeles roads eat them up.

When I bought my rims it was from a trusted forum and member, and also when I bought them of course I inspected them before i bought them....why wouldn't?.. I wouldn't do a blind buy on a used item....

Of course I'm going to avoid all the potholes I can, who in the right mind wouldn't want to avoid them??...

on any note that is solely my experience.

im just saying I HIGHLY doubt i'll buy cast wheels again.
interesting, i've had my lemans for over a year, LA roads to OC, 100 miles a day commute. i've gone through 2 sets of tires and the wheels don't even have a bend or anything...
Old 08-05-10, 12:35 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

honestly its all luck when it comes to wheels. some get trashed, some stay perfect.

Quick Reply: The mod you regret the most.