[rant]

I should have bought a damn Kia.

[/rant]
Old 07-09-10, 06:44 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetfire
sell your car to someone that will appreciate it more and buy a kia.

Problem?

Old 07-09-10, 06:59 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So the OP edited his original post calling us all "fanboys".

Here's an idea, gsxrchad - instead of bashing your Lexus without providing any real reason, try to add something constructive to your posts. As far as we can tell, you're mad because of recalls (none of which affected your car, I'm assuming) and the fact that you couldn't buy an extended warranty from your dealer.

Unless you've got some other beef, this sure doesn't sound like a reason to state "Lexus doesn't stand behind their cars".
Old 07-09-10, 07:39 AM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am with Montgb. And this thread needs to be closed as it is really going nowhere.
Old 07-09-10, 10:53 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxrchad
Fanboys.....
yes, there are quite a few of those in here, but i digress.

if you really don't like lexus vehicles, why haven't you moved on?
Old 07-09-10, 01:03 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LEXUS FTW! Toyota/Lexus are still the most reliable car on the road.
Old 07-09-10, 01:23 PM
gsxrchad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fwiw

I actually love my Lexus. My initial post was dripping with sarcasm with a truthful under tone. My car is absolutely perfect.

I bought a Lexus to get away from the disposable cars I have driven for the last 24 years. (yes, I am old). This has been a perfect car. Exactly what I wanted to purchase.

Until this year. Nothing has gone wrong with MY Lexus, but Lexus and parent company Toyota has been dragged through the press recently about quality woes and production deficiencies. This is exactly the type of car I wanted to avoid! the IS 350 engine - valve spring - thing was the latest blow. As a Lexus owner, I feel that the premium I paid for my car was to have a higher quality car than what I am (lately) hearing I have. I need to have confidence that I will not be the victim of a "future" quality issue the Toyota and Lexus are currently keeping quiet. I called the dealership to inquire about an extended Lexus warranty. I was told this was not an option since I was 50 days out of coverage.

My response to the dealership is that in light of the perception issue Toyota and Lexus are facing and if this is TRULY a perception issue, they should sell me a worthless $2k warranty that I will likely never use. The car has > 32k miles on it and was 50 days out of coverage. The car has seen the dealership for scheduled maintenance since she was new. It is not a POS, I am not trying to scam Lexus into fixing a problem that recently arose, I am trying to settle a feeling of discomfort I have as a product of recent recalls and brand bashing going on.

Now, if the sarcasm was not apparent in my original post, you should go back and re-read it. Floor mats of death? Kia > Lexus? Self-destroying engine? Really?! You thought I was serious? I even started with a [rant] to identify this as a tongue and cheek post. I should have realized that the silverspoon, cocaine-fiend, slammin' is jammin', and "I'd rather have 20" rims than a 20" pe**s members here would miss that. The only thing that should be "flush" on my car is the accelerator peddle and the floor. Anything else is a waste of a decent handling car.

Don't be hatin'
peace out....

Last edited by gsxrchad; 07-09-10 at 01:29 PM. Reason: crack is for poor people, you boys can afford cocaine :)
Old 07-09-10, 01:32 PM
gsxrchad
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Police!!! That is what I was hoping to hear. I presneted a good case to the local dealership and they are inquiring to coporate now for me. If this falls, I'll call your guy.....

Originally Posted by 350police
WTF??? Are you kidding me?

I have a 2006 and I got a warranty just 1 month ago. My mileage was 32,505.

They are full of crap.

Call Bossier City Lexus in Louisiana. Talk to Toby. Great guy.

Im covered with a platinum warranty, bumper to bumper for an additional 4 years or 50K miles.

DO IT!

Oh and literally 2 days after I had my warranty, I brought it in for a creaking seat. The repair would have cost me 1800.00...........the warranty was worth it. Oh and I was out of my factory warranty for 5 months before I bought this one.
Old 07-09-10, 03:41 PM
BelaRuski
Driver School Candidate

I agree, just get a Kia. Way better than Lexus anyway
Old 07-09-10, 07:18 PM
LexFather

Fanboys.....
You edited your first post which is now inflammatory. You have under ten posts, don't you think initial sarcasm will be seen as trolling? You should have explained yourself maturely like you did below.
I actually love my Lexus. My initial post was dripping with sarcasm with a truthful under tone. My car is absolutely perfect.

I bought a Lexus to get away from the disposable cars I have driven for the last 24 years. (yes, I am old). This has been a perfect car. Exactly what I wanted to purchase.

Until this year. Nothing has gone wrong with MY Lexus, but Lexus and parent company Toyota has been dragged through the press recently about quality woes and production deficiencies. This is exactly the type of car I wanted to avoid! the IS 350 engine - valve spring - thing was the latest blow. As a Lexus owner, I feel that the premium I paid for my car was to have a higher quality car than what I am (lately) hearing I have. I need to have confidence that I will not be the victim of a "future" quality issue the Toyota and Lexus are currently keeping quiet. I called the dealership to inquire about an extended Lexus warranty. I was told this was not an option since I was 50 days out of coverage.

My response to the dealership is that in light of the perception issue Toyota and Lexus are facing and if this is TRULY a perception issue, they should sell me a worthless $2k warranty that I will likely never use. The car has > 32k miles on it and was 50 days out of coverage. The car has seen the dealership for scheduled maintenance since she was new. It is not a POS, I am not trying to scam Lexus into fixing a problem that recently arose, I am trying to settle a feeling of discomfort I have as a product of recent recalls and brand bashing going on.

Now, if the sarcasm was not apparent in my original post, you should go back and re-read it. Floor mats of death? Kia > Lexus? Self-destroying engine? Really?! You thought I was serious? I even started with a [rant] to identify this as a tongue and cheek post. I should have realized that the silverspoon, cocaine-fiend, slammin' is jammin', and "I'd rather have 20" rims than a 20" pe**s members here would miss that. The only thing that should be "flush" on my car is the accelerator peddle and the floor. Anything else is a waste of a decent handling car.

Don't be hatin'
peace out....

CLosed

Old 07-09-10, 07:19 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fanboys.....