No sir, it was these.
Those look like the real mccoy

Lou
Old 03-15-17, 04:55 PM
liazon
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Big Fake Plugs

I have to ask because I've been looking too. There are so many fakes online, amazon and especially ebay included.
How can you say one of those links has plugs that 'look like the real mccoy?'
The plugs all look the same in the photos?
Not to mention, what's to stop them from putting a photo of an authentic Denso plug in the ad then sending you a fake?
They say most of the fakes look just like the real thing anyways....that the avg. consumer would never know by looking....

just wondering.....i'm thinking of just paying the extra $5 plug to buy them from my local auto store...
Old 03-15-17, 05:24 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by liazon
I have to ask because I've been looking too. There are so many fakes online, amazon and especially ebay included.
Not to mention, what's to stop them from putting a photo of an authentic Denso plug in the ad then sending you a fake?
They say most of the fakes look just like the real thing anyways....that the avg. consumer would never know by looking....

just wondering.....i'm thinking of just paying the extra $5 plug to buy them from my local auto store...
They ship from, and are fulfilled by Amazon. Amazon doesn't have an interest in selling fake products. If Amazon doesn't personally carry it, other sellers will on their site. Same with eBay. Usually it'll default to some random Lexus or Toyota dealer (e.g. Bell Lexus North Scottsdale) who have multiple reviews versus another seller with a smaller amount of reviews/is new.
Old 03-15-17, 06:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by liazon

Well, I read the 27 reviews. Only one review with one star. The reviewer received 4 instead if the 6 plugs ordered, so he gave them 1 star.. And I said "LOOK"like the real mccoy. I still believe they are.

AND - they are sold by Amazon, not a sub supplier

However, based my research, I would still recommend the TT plug on sale at Advance Auto Parts stores.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 03-15-17 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-17-17, 04:59 PM
DJosey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a lot of trouble with the driver's side ignition harness. I remove the two nuts but there is little give, and I can barely move it. Suggestions?
Old 03-18-17, 10:41 PM
mitsuboost
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's 3-4 nuts holding the driver side wire harness check the back and side/middle those allow you to move the wire harness a bit and free up the coils.
Old 04-04-17, 09:21 AM
moonlit
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for this guide... Went ahead and changed mine out. That last one at the top was....Hell... Had to walk to Advanced Auto Parts and buy a 10mm ratcheting wrench...JUST for that 1. Anyway...Performace is good!!! I'm happy

Extra: I used these spark plugs (they are a bit newer):
Amazon Amazon
Old 04-04-17, 10:11 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Those are the TT Plugs I mentioned in my post above

Lou
The following users liked this post:
moonlit (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 03:16 PM
moonlit
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Those are the TT Plugs I mentioned in my post above

Lou
They indeed are XD I bought mine from autozone, but yup. They work perfectly!!!
Old 04-22-17, 10:06 PM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I too...have the VSC and Check Engine Lights on....are replacing my spark plugs. I've checked and rechecked all the electrical connections and can't seem to find any undone. I DID clean my throttle body a little....so..maybe a little fluid is yet to evaporate and is causing the lights??! I'm worn out, so I'll tackle this again in the morning. And yes....that front driver side bolt and tube...were tough. Best tip I can add (i read it earlier but didn't realize what he was trying to say)....in order to get the BEST access to the tubes/bolts on the drivers side...remove the electrical wires from those "zip tie" looking plastic holders by pinching the plastic BEHIND the wire and release them. This gives you a few more inches to work with. It's still a *****...but at that point it's possible to get all tubes/bolts out and back in. Until I did that....I was only getting one out on the drivers side.
Old 04-24-17, 03:59 AM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

Reset and then observe.
Old 04-24-17, 01:12 PM
andper10
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8fulRed
And yes....that front driver side bolt and tube...were tough. Best tip I can add (i read it earlier but didn't realize what he was trying to say)....in order to get the BEST access to the tubes/bolts on the drivers side...remove the electrical wires from those "zip tie" looking plastic holders by pinching the plastic BEHIND the wire and release them. This gives you a few more inches to work with. It's still a *****...but at that point it's possible to get all tubes/bolts out and back in. Until I did that....I was only getting one out on the drivers side.
To break loose the tough to reach bolt by the driver's side back firewall I used a box end wrench with a larger wrench's box end threaded through it resulting in a ~90° angle and more available leverage and then held the larger wrench in place and hammered on it with a 2lb rubber mallet .
Old 06-03-17, 07:20 AM
gr8fulRed
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Reset and then observe.

what is the best way to do this??
Old 06-04-17, 08:41 PM
Brian7
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure what all the hubbub was about the driver side, I disconnected all the plugs, the brake booster vacuum hose, the 12mm bolt holding 2 harnesses to the valve cover and a few other misc plastic connectors, lifted the harness above the intake manifold and the brake booster vacuum barb on the manifold held the harness perfectly. Allowed easy access to all the coil packs, heres a pic

Edit, sorry the pic ended up sideways
Attached Thumbnails DIY: IS350 Spark Plug Service-img_7298.jpg  
Old 08-26-17, 10:48 AM
93SCMax
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian7
Not sure what all the hubbub was about the driver side, I disconnected all the plugs, the brake booster vacuum hose, the 12mm bolt holding 2 harnesses to the valve cover and a few other misc plastic connectors, lifted the harness above the intake manifold and the brake booster vacuum barb on the manifold held the harness perfectly. Allowed easy access to all the coil packs, heres a pic

Edit, sorry the pic ended up sideways
Agree with Brian. The driver side is the difficult side. If you remove the (4) 10mm nuts and the (1) 12mm nut holding the wiring harness, then there is a lot more room to maneuver. The front driver side coil pack nut is a bear to get to. I used a 1/4" drive 10mm socket with extension and had no problem getting it out. Took me much less than 2 hours to do all 6 spark plugs with only about 20 minutes needed for the passenger side. Much easier than the 2000 Toyota Camry I did earlier in the month.

Thought I'd also share pics of my original spark plugs after 99,338 miles of use. They still look pretty good! Sorry that they are a little blury.
Attached Thumbnails DIY: IS350 Spark Plug Service-100k-1.jpg   DIY: IS350 Spark Plug Service-100k-2.jpg   DIY: IS350 Spark Plug Service-100k.jpg  

Last edited by 93SCMax; 08-26-17 at 10:52 AM.

Quick Reply: DIY: IS350 Spark Plug Service