IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need help: XenonDepot/KBCarStuff issue with connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 02:06 PM
prankster
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help: XenonDepot/KBCarStuff issue with connectors

I searched the forum for the issue I got but there was none.

I just received the kit from KBCarStuff for H11 6500k kit. I am trying out all the connection before actually installing the kit to my car. But I cannot connect the connectors from the wiring harness to the bulb. They are female connector (from wiring harness) and male connector (from the bulb).

The problem is that the metal prongs from the female connector don't match the holes on male connector. I attached the picture to be easier.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Has anyone with this kit encountered the same issue? I can modify the connection easily but I will void the warranty. I tried to call them but no one answered (during business hours).
Old 05-20-10, 12:30 AM
eedwin2010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue with the relay connectors. But I may have another problem since I tried connecting directly without the relay and my HID kit from XD still wont light up. I am still waiting for a reply from Steve
Old 05-20-10, 06:40 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

i think they are not supposed to connect to one another... the bulbs are powered by 2 wires... which are round.... those are what is powering the bulbs... do you have a pic of the whole kit.... take it... then pm me... i can help you out... i've never gotten any probs with the XD kits

Andre
Old 05-20-10, 06:41 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eedwin2010
I have the same issue with the relay connectors. But I may have another problem since I tried connecting directly without the relay and my HID kit from XD still wont light up. I am still waiting for a reply from Steve
you might wanna check the polarity of the wires.... i think some of us needs the polarity swapped...

Andre
Old 05-20-10, 07:31 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi,

That connector needs to connecto the ballast (not the H11 connector). Please send me a PM with your order number so that I can look up your order.

Steve
Old 05-20-10, 12:24 PM
prankster
Pole Position

The kit that I have got 2 wiring harnesses. So each ballast and bulb got their own relay and harness. I attached a new picture. Am I missing something here?

Overall Kit

Detail

Steve,

I've been trying to call you many times but no one answered. Honestly, this is frustrating. I've been waiting for this kit after delays with my unconfirmed office address and back order. I was expecting no issue at all.

Last edited by prankster; 05-20-10 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-20-10, 01:58 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

I just tried to call you however there was no answer. If you are using the relay harness you do not need to use the black/white trigger wires on the bulb. Those are only used if you do not use a relay hanrness.

Steve
Old 05-20-10, 02:06 PM
prankster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

I just tried to call you however there was no answer. If you are using the relay harness you do not need to use the black/white trigger wires on the bulb. Those are only used if you do not use a relay hanrness.

Steve
Steve,

Thanks for calling me. But I'm still in my office. Anyway, I don't understand if I don't use the trigger wires, how do you turn it on? Those black and white wires that go to OEM wiring are not connected to the igniter.

If I dont use it, that means I need to drill another hole on the headlight cover to fit the wire from relay harness?

Last edited by prankster; 05-20-10 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-20-10, 03:19 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

No problem. We include those trigger wires as some people choose not to use the relay harness that comes with the kit. If you prefer to use the relay harness and need to have the trigger wires on that side of the grommet here is what you would need to do:

1) remove the black/white wires on the bulb side. Once you do this you wil have 2 holes in the grommet.

2) Using a precision screw driver you can remove the H11 connector (black connector on the black/white wires on the harnes) so that you are left with two spade terminals.

3) Feed the spade terminals through the holes in the grommet.

4) Reinsert the spade terminals into the H11 connector.

Steve
Old 05-20-10, 05:19 PM
prankster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hi,

No problem. We include those trigger wires as some people choose not to use the relay harness that comes with the kit. If you prefer to use the relay harness and need to have the trigger wires on that side of the grommet here is what you would need to do:

1) remove the black/white wires on the bulb side. Once you do this you wil have 2 holes in the grommet.

2) Using a precision screw driver you can remove the H11 connector (black connector on the black/white wires on the harnes) so that you are left with two spade terminals.

3) Feed the spade terminals through the holes in the grommet.

4) Reinsert the spade terminals into the H11 connector.

Steve
Well, if I do that, I will void my warranty. I know how to modify it I just dont wanna void the warranty.