IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Haters caused me. 6000 dollars worth of damage.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 10:33 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

j stuff, stop getting on the op's *** about this, my first year out of highschool i bought my car myself, i make the payments on my own, and i make insurance payments on my own, i started working full time when i was 15 1/2 years old, i am now turning 20 in a month, i get so irritated when people saying "did ur parents buy it for you". how about you leave it alone.

OP again im sorry this happened to your car. hoefully everything gets taken care of. if you do find the guys that did it. make sure they know not to do it again.
Old 05-05-10, 10:52 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mv350
j stuff, stop getting on the op's *** about this, my first year out of highschool i bought my car myself, i make the payments on my own, and i make insurance payments on my own, i started working full time when i was 15 1/2 years old, i am now turning 20 in a month, i get so irritated when people saying "did ur parents buy it for you". how about you leave it alone.

OP again im sorry this happened to your car. hoefully everything gets taken care of. if you do find the guys that did it. make sure they know not to do it again.
Mv350 you obviously did not read the thread. He didn't buy the car himself nor does he make payments on it.

I paid for everything myself. Could my rents afford to just buy me a car? Yes. But I paid for each and every car I ever owned. Thats 6 cars. Again, reread the second page or something because you're argument is null.
Old 05-05-10, 10:53 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexucan
you seem to be making some unfair judgments/assumptions about the OP's situation which you really know nothing about....sort of like whoever keyed his car did
Actually, I made VERY accurate assumptions. Read the thread much? Its a very common patterns I've seen a lot.
Old 05-05-10, 10:55 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
^ lol, naw. Once in a while you see some kids bringing their daddys cars. The lot consisted of 335s, is 350s, benzs, range rovers. im just saying, the dude is hating on the op's parents since he didnt get a nice car. Now he is bitter.
I bought myself a pretty nice car while in highschool considering what everyone else was driving. Now if driving an IS is 'average' in your highschool, and you were driving it at 16, then im sure you live in a nicer part of town and your rents can afford it. But again, like I said to the OP. Youll understand more later on. Not right now when having a hot car so young is pretty important right now.

Anyhoo I'm done replying to high school kids that arent paying for their cars but complain when 'haters gona hate'.
Old 05-05-10, 10:57 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

i did read the whole thread, but not every person our age has parents to do that. and he does pay for insurance, either way, if he pays for it or not he obviously likes his car. let me put it this way. say you were given a car you really like, you do not pay for it. some *** hole then keys it. arent you going to be mad if it happened.
Old 05-05-10, 10:59 PM
MVPTonyD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eggwoll
Happened at Arcadia High School. I think I might go with black again, wouldn't want to ruin the resale value. Not sure yet.
what? high school? You guys are driving g37's and IS to school? wow.
Old 05-05-10, 11:09 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trixxx519
^damn your school must be full of lambos and ferraris
It is Socal, land of materialism, at my old highschool there was a viper, nsx, m3, rs4, 5 series ect.
Old 05-05-10, 11:15 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

haha i live in sout oc, and most expensive car at my school were newer jettas. now my gf's school i constantly see porsches, bmw's, lifted trucks etc.
Old 05-05-10, 11:28 PM
TofuMaster
Pole Position

lol in la jolla, there was a kid that drove his dads porsche gt3 to school
Old 05-05-10, 11:37 PM
IS250_6Spd
Lead Lap

I know exactly how you feel. I got my car keyed also. Haters!
Old 05-05-10, 11:46 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Man some people in this thread seem to be living under a rock (Or not in CA ) - or are jealous that they didn't get a nice car in high school

I graduated from high school in 08', and I can tell you there were plenty of Celicas, G35's, 330s, C240s, 5 series, EVOs, STIs, a few IS300s, and Civic SIs

I will bet anyone that the people who say high school kids should be driving civics and corollas are bitter about driving one back in the day. Its not your job to tell people what they can and can't afford - or what they should drive. If one in a good student, brings home good grades, fulfills their responsibilities at home, and has a clean driving record I dont see anything wrong in driving an IS in high school...
Old 05-05-10, 11:54 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My parents bought me a car during high school, and I didn't even pay for insurance. Hah! I'm rich biatch!

Whatever, makes me appreciate my current car more. Plus I didn't have to worry about haters.
Old 05-05-10, 11:54 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Damn OP, that hella sucks for you. But it is true though, you drive a nice car to your highschool, bad stuff will happen to it. You're surrounded by kids who dont know better. As for your repaint, I would say get a new paint job. I doubt you would have to pay for the paint job if your body shop knows how to work it.

If you plan on modding your car more when you get a part time job in college, then do the paint job. Your car would be DAMN unique.

A little off topic, but I used to drive my 97 corolla to school and was damn proud of it (class of 05). I would pass by this rich private school everyday and I see these kids driving some damn nice cars: Bentley GT, couple Hummers, the normal BMWs and Benz, and hella SUVs. Now when I drive by, I don't see as many nice cars because they're not old enough... 18's the new driving age suckers!
Old 05-06-10, 12:06 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

haha i lost my licsence and didnt get it till i was 18
Old 05-06-10, 01:04 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

let me start off by saying that it is terrible what happened to eggwoll's car. if it happened to any one of us, we would be upset as well. give him THAT much.

on a related note (since the discussion has taken a strange turn), i've met eggwoll in person and in his defense i have to say that he's one of the more well-mannered, better-behaved HS-aged kids i know - whether here in CL or in real life. humble, polite, and courteous. so for those of you who thinks he's some manifestation of a rich, spoiled brat and doesn't deserve his is350, he certainly had none of that on display when i met him. as a matter of fact, i can go as far as to say that he's very grateful for what he has - no false sense of entitlement here.

(too bad the same can't be said for others in here, but i digress.)

so for those of you who have your own misgivings about someone his age driving an is350, don't blame his parents for being able and actually giving him the nicer things in life at his age. now, if he acted like a spoiled brat with a false sense of entitlement, then "have at it," i'd say. but don't knock on him just because his parents can and did, and your parents didn't.

Quick Reply: Haters caused me. 6000 dollars worth of damage.