ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Removed the battery - alarm screaming. Quick help needed! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/487924-removed-the-battery-alarm-screaming-quick-help-needed.html)

Tomasu 03-13-10 04:27 AM

Removed the battery - alarm screaming. Quick help needed!

The battery of my car died because I forgot to turn off the dome light. I decided to remove the battery and recharge it. Now the whole car goes crazy when I try to put it back. It doesn't recognize my keys and the alarm screams when the battery is connected.

The car wont start and there's an orange light in the start button.

What is the hell is wrong with my car?

lex 03-13-10 05:26 AM

have you called the dealer?

Tomasu 03-13-10 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by lex (Post 5308611)
have you called the dealer?

No, because it's Saturday. I'm going to give them a call on Monday. I think this could be something big... I think I saw the yellow engine icon being lit as well.

Nothing wrong with the car before the battery died.

Very strange.

EJC 03-13-10 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tomasu (Post 5308647)
No, because it's Saturday. I'm going to give them a call on Monday. I think this could be something big... I think I saw the yellow engine icon being lit as well.

Nothing wrong with the car before the battery died.

Very strange.

a 45slug through the computer should end the misery quickly

seriously though, I would guess you probably have to do some sort of system reset. Call the 800 lexus emergency # in the manual they should be able to tell you how to restet the system

RX469 03-13-10 07:33 AM

i'm curious about this as well.

ecr527 03-13-10 08:49 AM

Did you check the owner's manual? I'm sure it'll mention something about this.

This would also happen to me on my old Acura everytime I would disconnect the battery. I always needed to have the key fob handy to disarm the system. I don't know if it's the same on the Lexus, but it's worth a try... :uh:

wolverine 03-13-10 11:37 AM

have you tried pressing unlock on your key fob?

Noz 03-13-10 01:24 PM

This happened to me once too when my battery died. I had to disconnect my batter since the alarm kept on stuttering. When I would reconnect the battery, same thing would happen. I ended up using an old school frustration method of "keep on pushing the start button fast" and it worked. The car eventually recognized the key fob and started acting normally.

GL
Noz

KuyaPatz 03-13-10 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Noz (Post 5309432)
This happened to me once too when my battery died. I had to disconnect my batter since the alarm kept on stuttering. When I would reconnect the battery, same thing would happen. I ended up using an old school frustration method of "keep on pushing the start button fast" and it worked. The car eventually recognized the key fob and started acting normally.

GL
Noz

I am def going to keep this in mind if this happens to me hahaha. if that doesn't work Ill use a sledge hammer on the button instead.

blk250 03-13-10 11:59 PM

to the OP try Noz method...(good to know)

Tomasu 03-14-10 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by blk250 (Post 5310818)
to the OP try Noz method...(good to know)

Okay, I tried that and it actually recognised the key but it still didn't start. There was a text on the navi screen saying "Check the system" or something like that. The noise was horrible so I was forced to disconnect the battery.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Maybe the ECU needs to be reset or something...

DailyDrive 03-14-10 01:57 PM

hey op,

did you make sure you didn't have the terminals backward... i'm just saying cause my friend did that to his s2000 and it did the same thing as far as the alarm going off and lights flashing and he blew some fuses.. it happens. gl and keep us posted

Noz 03-14-10 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tomasu (Post 5311503)
Okay, I tried that and it actually recognised the key but it still didn't start. There was a text on the navi screen saying "Check the system" or something like that. The noise was horrible so I was forced to disconnect the battery.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow. Maybe the ECU needs to be reset or something...

Did you jump start your car? The car won't start by its self since the battery is dead. After I got the car to recognize the key, I jumped the car and let the alt recharge the battery and everything worked fine.

GL
Noz

Tomasu 03-16-10 12:31 AM

A small update and a question..

The car will go back to the dealer tomorrow.

Does the car have a steering lock? I need to turn the wheels to get it on a trailer, but if there's a steering lock that wont be possible.

Bichon 03-16-10 04:44 AM

Yes, the car has a steering lock. (If you listen, you can actually hear it locking when the first person opens a door after shutting off the car, and hear it unlocking during the startup sequence)