I have a confession.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-10, 08:01 AM
Micaiah

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have a confession.

I'm turning "the other way"...

*sigh*

Okay first I'll introduce myself. Hi, I'm Siu *waves* . I just joined here after finding myself coming here to this forum a lot. Micaiah is the name of my IS.

I've always been into muscle cars. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the power and the sound...the big pull of the engine that throws your head back and gives you that rush of adrenalin. I've had a little Nissan Sentra as a commuter car...you know, for economy and all that. So I'm not all domestic.

But recently, due to unforseen issues with a really really bad dealership, I traded in my beloved vehicle (oh gawd, I don't even want to GO there) and ended up with an IS.

This is really taking a lot for me to get used to, it's a big change for me. A totally different experience. No rumble, no big exhaust sound. No more GoodGuy muscle car shows. Instead, I got a smooth quiet ride and find myself looking for local import shows. It's killing me.

This car is not modded at all, a virgin canvas so to speak - and after drooling while looking at all the beautiful cars here, well...I'm getting ideas - but to be honest, I'm not ready for that yet. Maybe soon.

But in the meantime I'll enjoy your awesome cars and live vicariously through you.

If I ask silly questions (I'll really try not to, I promise) please be patient with me. I'm am going through a really tough transition now, I really didn't think it would be like this. I'm having a really hard time getting used to being in a car so different. I know absolutely nothing about this car. I'm learning though!

And the more I learn, the more I'm liking it.

Hoping I can become a member of your CL family.

Last edited by Micaiah; 07-18-10 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-18-10, 08:12 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus

There are a lot of fantastic cars, people and information here. Also check out the NorCal regional section as its very active with meets etc.

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-10, 08:19 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to CL!
Old 07-18-10, 08:38 AM
Micaiah

Thanks you guys!

I'd love to come and join you on one of the NorCal meets. Want to see these cars in real life, you know?

If I bring my car you guys will probably come up with mod ideas for me, I'm sure.
Old 07-18-10, 08:57 AM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL. NorCal!!!!
Old 07-18-10, 09:12 AM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to CL!
Old 07-18-10, 09:25 AM
9relude8
Pole Position

welcome, do you have a 350 or a 250?
Old 07-18-10, 09:38 AM
stevejones
Driver

Welcome to CL! Yeah I did the import switch too and I will never go back to any domestic vehicle.
Old 07-18-10, 09:56 AM
Barke
Pole Position

Welcome to CL! I'm somewhat new here too. I also made the change of daily driving domestic muscle (84' Camaro Z28, 98' Mustang GT) for the past 15 years to my first import. It is different, but it has been pretty fun so far.
Old 07-18-10, 10:19 AM
Micaiah

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I got a 350, 2009 in the Graphite. This car was corporate owned and driven by one of the execs and I guess they ordered it a bit different any way they want! The premium package and some F sport stuff. Not the whole package though. Just the wheels, brakes and exhaust. Has the regular "sport option" package for the suspension, not the stock one. Nice to be able to order a company car just the way you want it.

I've had it less than three weeks and I'm still getting used to all the gadgetry.

All of these fancy schmancy things don't come on the muscles cars I've driven.

Here's a cellphone pic from the day I picked it up.

Last edited by Micaiah; 07-18-10 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-18-10, 10:23 AM
07sgm250
Rookie

welcome to cl!
Old 07-18-10, 10:25 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to Clublexus. Another Norcal member is always a plus!

Nice F-Sport!
Old 07-18-10, 10:27 AM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by Barke
Welcome to CL! I'm somewhat new here too. I also made the change of daily driving domestic muscle (84' Camaro Z28, 98' Mustang GT) for the past 15 years to my first import. It is different, but it has been pretty fun so far.

Barke, how long did it take you to get used to it? I find myself wanting to drive slower in this new car. Like I'm SUPPOSED to drive slow. I'm scared to jump on it for some reason. Feels like I'd be abusing it.

Although I'll never drive it in sand like that white one in the vid, doing donuts.
Old 07-18-10, 10:32 AM
Micaiah

Originally Posted by 2slow
Welcome to Clublexus. Another Norcal member is always a plus!

Nice F-Sport!
Thanks!

I don't think it's an F-Sport, is it? Even if it doesn't have the blue suspension and all that? I thought the person just added the brakes and exhaust special. I looked on the paper work and it was done "at port".

Do the NorCal'ers do cruises? I looked in the regional section and I see meets but maybe I missed if you guys were doing a cruise.

The car club I used to belong to would go along highway one, have lunch somewhere nice, hang out and chat for a bit then head back.
Old 07-18-10, 11:00 AM
Barke
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Micaiah
Barke, how long did it take you to get used to it? I find myself wanting to drive slower in this new car. Like I'm SUPPOSED to drive slow. I'm scared to jump on it for some reason. Feels like I'd be abusing it.

Although I'll never drive it in sand like that white one in the vid, doing donuts.
Well, I've had my IS for about 6 months now and I'm liking it so far. American muscle and import is totally different. I really like the quality of materials used for the imports compared to the crappy interior of my old mustang which I do miss sometimes. Drove her daily for over 13 years with no problems before she finally gave out on me. Definitely miss the roar when you stepped on it. But the IS is more smooth and sometimes I don't even notice when I'm speeding.

I love the look of the IS especially for it being a 4-door. Best looking 4-door IMO. And that is why I bought one because having a 4-door is almost a necessity with a new born.

I'm having fun modding my IS. Bought a few things for it and will have it on hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I went to the NorCal Beginning of Summer (BOS) event this past June. Met some nice people and saw some very nice cars. Picked up some ideas here and there. And will definitely be going to more meets.

I'll probably have another American muscle in the far future. Like when I retire or something. lol. My dream was to always have clean classic Mustang or Corvette.

Quick Reply: I have a confession.