IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-10, 02:02 AM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jason...any word on being able to tweek the pattern to accomodate us guys with the silver (non-wood) trim?

If not, would it be possible to order a kit with the cutouts for the driver side mirror controls, power doorlock, and lock/unlock window buttons...and also the passenger side power doorlock button cutouts removed?...basically only leaving the cutouts for the window buttons. At least this way, I'd be able to wrap the edges of some of the button openings.
Old 01-19-10, 09:23 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rebs
"Did your car come with Carbon Fiber?" - Lexus Service Advisor.

Ok, so perhaps Lexus Service Advisor's aren't the most knowledgeable on Lexus options? However, he did mention he really liked it, and I really like the Interior Carbon Fiber pre-cut Overlay Kit too.

I'm not a perfectionist, but I do have high standards. I feel like overlays have to be a very challenging market just due to small manufacturing differences in vehichles and overlays), but I think Aerotect has done a great job.

I feel the pre-cut door overlays are very close to perfection. I would give them a 9/10.

I feel the center console is good. I would give it a 7/10. There are a few areas I would improve. I would probably make the cutouts a little smaller so you could wrap more of the pattern around the holes. I also think the sides could be a little longer so it could also be wrapped around. There are already pictures in this thread covering this issue, but the small tiny areas could all be fixed with a simple "additional" bulk piece (in the interim).

Overall, I would give the kit a 8.5/10, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I should point out I haven't gotten anything but positive responses by the modification.

I also have a Neffy Wrap kit sitting here and I have to say that I like the texture and appearance of this overlay kit much better (of course that is purely a personal opinion).

I would also like to say thanks to Jason and Aerotect for sticking with me as a customer. I'm sure there were times my questions or concerns were annoying, but he was considerate, responsive, and respectful. I think businesses sometimes need to read the book "Raving Fans" as a guide to customer service (it was a book I had to read as a customer service manager for a Fortune 500 company years ago). Regardless, you can now consider me an Aerotect raving fan. I know I'll be looking at Aerotect for any future mods/supplies before anyone else.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the kind words Rebs! More than happy to help.
Old 01-19-10, 10:14 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 808IS
Hey Jason...any word on being able to tweek the pattern to accomodate us guys with the silver (non-wood) trim?

If not, would it be possible to order a kit with the cutouts for the driver side mirror controls, power doorlock, and lock/unlock window buttons...and also the passenger side power doorlock button cutouts removed?...basically only leaving the cutouts for the window buttons. At least this way, I'd be able to wrap the edges of some of the button openings.
Give me a call and I'll set you up.

Jason
Old 01-20-10, 09:05 PM
mc501s
Driver School Candidate

The Dry Silver looks white in those pictures. Are they silver or white? Thanks
Old 01-20-10, 10:02 PM
kbkura
Driver

Hey I know Rob brought this up and perhaps again in later posts, but is there any likelihood of one of these pre-cut kits for the 6MT guys? I'm very interested, but am very poor at hashing these things out on my own (so buying raw material and trimming is not an option for me).

AeroTect, this looks like a great product... I really love the look!
Old 01-20-10, 10:12 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

hey aerotect, how much bulk film would i need if i want to wrap the 4 door thingies and the center console including ashtray and cup holder lid? is the 48" option one enough?

i have the silver trim, so i'll need to wrap the door thingies myself so no silver will show. i won't need to primer since they're 3M so they stick already?
Old 01-21-10, 11:16 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mc501s
The Dry Silver looks white in those pictures. Are they silver or white? Thanks
It is a light silver. We have a CF available in white but we do not stock it.

Originally Posted by kbkura
Hey I know Rob brought this up and perhaps again in later posts, but is there any likelihood of one of these pre-cut kits for the 6MT guys? I'm very interested, but am very poor at hashing these things out on my own (so buying raw material and trimming is not an option for me).

AeroTect, this looks like a great product... I really love the look!
As soon as somebody want's to come by to have it done, we can start designing a kit.

Originally Posted by shuturmout
hey aerotect, how much bulk film would i need if i want to wrap the 4 door thingies and the center console including ashtray and cup holder lid? is the 48" option one enough?

i have the silver trim, so i'll need to wrap the door thingies myself so no silver will show. i won't need to primer since they're 3M so they stick already?
48" x 12" is just enough, however it leaves no room for error. I'd recommend getting 24" to be safe. It would also qualify you for the free shipping.
Old 01-22-10, 01:21 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

When the hell am i getting my kit for my 6MT?!?!
Old 01-22-10, 02:47 PM
chriso_86
Rookie

If you want I would consider sending my silver trim kit to you so you can work with it...after all it's winter here so my car stays in the garage a lot! Let me know! Maybe we can work something out.
Old 01-22-10, 02:50 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Talking about me?
Old 01-22-10, 03:46 PM
chriso_86
Rookie

No, to the aero tech guys so they can develop the kit.
Old 01-22-10, 08:16 PM
kbkura
Driver

Yes, please do... it would make me so happy! And I'm sure a lot of the other 6MT guys too!
Old 02-13-10, 08:32 PM
relaxfoo
Lead Lap

I am also interested in a 6mt kit, I wonder if its possible to modify the existing kit into a 6mt by trimming it? Also is it hard to remove these interior panels, is there a thread with step by step instructions? i dont want to snap off any tabs.
Old 02-15-10, 10:09 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by relaxfoo
I am also interested in a 6mt kit, I wonder if its possible to modify the existing kit into a 6mt by trimming it? Also is it hard to remove these interior panels, is there a thread with step by step instructions? i dont want to snap off any tabs.
I may have a 6MT coming in soon to allow us to make the kit. Working on it all, will let you know as soon as we have something.
Old 02-23-10, 01:34 PM
mc501s
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by AeroTect
I may have a 6MT coming in soon to allow us to make the kit. Working on it all, will let you know as soon as we have something.
Has anyone put Console Guard on top of the CF overlay? I would think it would give a bit of authentic look to CF. I am wondering if it work. Just thinking out loud

Quick Reply: Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit