Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-09, 11:07 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
I want one for my 6MT!!! LOL
This stuff is easy to work with, Rob. Just buy a couple feet and do it yourself!
Old 12-17-09, 11:23 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna be lazy!

I think i'm going to do that though...

I have DJKhanvict and iSuxeL to help me out!
Old 12-17-09, 12:29 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Seriously with the overlay, it makes a big difference in the interior.. So damn clean and elegant but still have the sporty feel to it. BTW im officially done for this year
Old 12-17-09, 12:48 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil888
BTW im officially done for this year
Weak. You still have two weeks left!

I like the 3M DiNoc material for what it is - the only knock against it is that it looks very different when compared to real CF. Therefore, I'd only use it if I didn't have any CF pieces already on my car.
Old 12-17-09, 12:50 PM
pchan0
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Phil888
^^Seriously with the overlay, it makes a big difference in the interior.. So damn clean and elegant but still have the sporty feel to it. BTW im officially done for this year
Any pictures of your interior? Want to see those overlay edges to see if its clean looking...
Old 12-17-09, 05:26 PM
MotoX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IS-K
Thanks for the review MotoX. Would like to know if you have the woodtrim interior? Did this kit wrap everything up leaving no exposed woodtrim?

Thanks for the feeback
I have the wood trim. Its wrap around all the trim except the cup holder lid show a little when are open.
Old 12-17-09, 05:48 PM
mc501s
Driver School Candidate

The kit was easy to do. I wish the main console which including cup holder and ashtray cover have extra to wrap around. Overall I would give this kit 9 out of 10. 70 bucks compare to the real thing $1300 from Sewell. I would buy it again. Since I used my wood trim to do the dry carbon (black), I should use my silver trim for the dry silver
Old 12-17-09, 07:04 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by montgb
Weak. You still have two weeks left!

I like the 3M DiNoc material for what it is - the only knock against it is that it looks very different when compared to real CF. Therefore, I'd only use it if I didn't have any CF pieces already on my car.
lol, the last months, i dropped major$$$$ on this car, and so far theirs nothing else i can do with mods

Originally Posted by pchan0
Any pictures of your interior? Want to see those overlay edges to see if its clean looking...
I'll try to get some pics in for your guys when i get a chance. Seriously everything flows really well with my CF shift **** and stone interior.
Old 12-17-09, 09:17 PM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

I bought a bunch of raw material and still haven't done anything with it yet...hopefully this weekend I'll get around to it.
Old 12-17-09, 11:36 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Default Preliminary Review (Mixed Feelings)

Good evening (early morning),

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance if this post doesn't make sense and/or it contains tons of grammatical errors; It's early in the morning.

I just received my aerotect carbon fiber overlays. I haven't installed them yet, but I do have some mixed feelings about them.

The attached picture is the top of the overlay for the center console. You can see that the corners are not symmetrical (despite the corners looking symmetrical on the console). Perhaps what's more concerning is that you'll notice the overlay was snagged (during the cut) in the upper right body of the pattern.

I noticed this on one other pattern, but it doesn't appear to happen on every component, so I believe the manufacturing facility is capable of nice symmetrical cuts, so maybe it's just a quality control issue?
Attached Thumbnails Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit-aero2.jpg  
Old 12-18-09, 12:16 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

oh nooss!! i just ordered the "dry silver"!!! i will post some pix up also once i recieved them.
Old 12-18-09, 09:30 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rebs
Good evening (early morning),

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance if this post doesn't make sense and/or it contains tons of grammatical errors; It's early in the morning.

I just received my aerotect carbon fiber overlays. I haven't installed them yet, but I do have some mixed feelings about them.

The attached picture is the top of the overlay for the center console. You can see that the corners are not symmetrical (despite the corners looking symmetrical on the console). Perhaps what's more concerning is that you'll notice the overlay was snagged (during the cut) in the upper right body of the pattern.

I noticed this on one other pattern, but it doesn't appear to happen on every component, so I believe the manufacturing facility is capable of nice symmetrical cuts, so maybe it's just a quality control issue?
Strange Rebs... not sure how that happened... scroll a couple pages back and you can see the full layout of our kit. It should have little v cuts in the corners rather than being round like that. I am wondering if we sent one of our prototype kits by mistake. I just sent out 5 kits yesterday, and the all had the v-cuts I'm describing.

Either way, you can give it a shot, as it should still wrap in like it's supposed to, however if it doesn't for some reason we'll replace the part.

Can you send me a pic of the full kit so I can try to make more sense out of it? You can send one to jason[at]aerotect[dot]net

Let me know. No need to worry for everyone else who has these kits on the way. The correct kits have been going out.

Jason
Old 12-18-09, 10:44 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AeroTect
Strange Rebs... not sure how that happened... scroll a couple pages back and you can see the full layout of our kit. It should have little v cuts in the corners rather than being round like that. I am wondering if we sent one of our prototype kits by mistake. I just sent out 5 kits yesterday, and the all had the v-cuts I'm describing.

Either way, you can give it a shot, as it should still wrap in like it's supposed to, however if it doesn't for some reason we'll replace the part.

Can you send me a pic of the full kit so I can try to make more sense out of it? You can send one to jason[at]aerotect[dot]net

Let me know. No need to worry for everyone else who has these kits on the way. The correct kits have been going out.

Jason
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the response, and I'm not trying to scare anyone, but I had a few PM's asking me to post a review & up close pictures (even it it was prior to installation).

I did try to install the center piece and it's just not going to work; The corners aren't symmetrical so it isn't a good fit (and I don't see any of the V cuts you are describing). There is also another piece that has the same issue.

Could you send me another kit? My original order number was 1135. I'd like to give it one more shot and be a success story. :-)

I'd be happy to send you additional photos. Do you want pictures of every piece separately? Or just up close pictures of the corners on some pieces?

Thanks again for your time Jason,
Tony
Old 12-18-09, 10:27 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Tony, won't be back to the office until Monday, but I will check everything out then. Strange, as our kit was last modified on the 10th from what I recall, and all orders for this kit were placed after that...
We'll make it right.
Old 12-19-09, 02:21 PM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Is it possible to get this kit without the cut out for the ventilated seats option?...for us poor guys without ventilated seats.

Quick Reply: Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit