IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 05:09 PM
9relude8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on someone post a pic of the silver trim!!!
Old 12-19-09, 11:06 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 808IS
Is it possible to get this kit without the cut out for the ventilated seats option?...for us poor guys without ventilated seats.
Yes! just add in the comment box at check out:
"Attn: Jason, please remove the seat warmer cut out"

The order will be forwarded to me, and I will make sure this get's done for you.
Old 12-21-09, 10:37 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Better yet. Updated product options to now include your cut out options for your console. Remove the seat warmer cut outs, or the seat warmer, gear indicator, and shifter cut out's for maximum control over your installation.

Also, transmission type has been added, though we only have automatic as an option for now.

Hope this provides an easy way to customize the kit to your desire.
Old 12-21-09, 10:51 AM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!...that's great! So...how much of the trim pieces actually have to come off? I'm still a little "chicken" of gutting the whole console. Waiting for the instructional vid!
Old 12-21-09, 03:20 PM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Thanks!...that's great! So...how much of the trim pieces actually have to come off? I'm still a little "chicken" of gutting the whole console. Waiting for the instructional vid!
All your trim pieces will need to be removed. The door trim will need to be completeley disassembled. The console is up to you on what you want to do. Go with the "Do not Remove Cut out's," option to have everything pre-cut and you will not need to remove the back of the console. Use the "Remove gear indicator, shifter, and seat warmers cut out's," to have the most control out of your install, but you will need to gut the back of your console.

Closest thing we will have to a video for sometime is up on our website under "instructions"
Old 12-21-09, 04:56 PM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Sorry...one more question...will this work on the standard silver (non-wood)trim? i believe the window, door lock, and mirror control area on models with the silver trim are molded in and not removable like the ones on the wood trim. I guess the question is whether the cut outs for the switches are neat and perfect enough that they would all align with the molded openings...and not have to be "wrapped" or trimmed at the edges like the wood trim models?
Old 12-21-09, 05:27 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just ordered mine, i live in mission viejo, in south oc when do you think itll get here?
Old 12-22-09, 05:59 AM
GresyGinzo
Driver School Candidate

Does this kit work on the sport package silver trim interior (non wood)
Old 12-22-09, 07:04 AM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone should do this, its super easy to do and the product is awsome.....
Old 12-22-09, 08:50 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Sorry...one more question...will this work on the standard silver (non-wood)trim? i believe the window, door lock, and mirror control area on models with the silver trim are molded in and not removable like the ones on the wood trim. I guess the question is whether the cut outs for the switches are neat and perfect enough that they would all align with the molded openings...and not have to be "wrapped" or trimmed at the edges like the wood trim models?
Good question... If the window and door lock pieces are not removable, it might not work, as you do need to trim these areas. So long as they are in the same position, you would be able to trim on top, however it might not be as clean of a cut.

I will keep an eye out for an IS with this package at our shop and report back.

Originally Posted by Mv350
just ordered mine, i live in mission viejo, in south oc when do you think itll get here?
Found your order. It will ship today, and you should have it tomorrow. I don't think the holiday shipping schedule should set you back.

Originally Posted by GresyGinzo
Does this kit work on the sport package silver trim interior (non wood)
See above in this post.

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Everyone should do this, its super easy to do and the product is awsome.....
Agreed!
Old 12-22-09, 08:57 AM
TommyT
Lead Lap

I ordered last night. Do you think it will ship out today ?
Old 12-22-09, 09:19 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thankyou jason, your a huge help!
Old 12-22-09, 11:38 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Just had a manual trans stop in... it had the door trim you are referring to.

It looks like it might be pretty tough to do, but we have someone scheduled to come in just after the first of the year to let us try...

Can anybody verify for me, if all manual transmissions have this type of door trim?
Old 12-22-09, 12:23 PM
808IS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for taking a look at this. I really want to do this...so I'm hoping you guys can make it work with the silver trim. I'm sure there must be a lot more of us without the wood trim. I'll try to wait and see...I'd try it myself with a bulk sheet...but I'm lazy...and would prefer a pre-cut kit! Keep us posted!
Old 12-22-09, 01:33 PM
supaIS350
Lead Lap

I have the silver trim with this kit. It fits, but it's not perfect. It doesn't really bother me though.
Attached Thumbnails Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit-car.jpg  

Quick Reply: Interior Carbon Fiber Overlay Kit