Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-12, 07:30 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olympus
I have a 2006 IS and a 2gen flyaudio unit... Bare in mind that I'm in Belgium....
The unit works good, never had the temp display problem...
But it still has issues, many of wich have been said here already.
First is the lack of playback options on the unit... If you want to view videos you have to either have them on dvd or have an external player, and that is just not ... so good...
I have Igo primo running and also get the out of memory error (been a while now but sometimes it happens) . Also when running the navigation the unit freezes if I get a call and the bluetooth is connected.... The conversation still goes through the unit and when I hang up I need to reboot the unit most of the times, sometimes it just keeps functioning as it should, or I get the out of mem error. Not so good either....
The most important for me is to be able to play anything (or almost) using the usb connector, and this is something flyaudio should/could have implemented from factory... I hope they figure this out...
Also someone said he could get in the service menu of the 2gen unit... I know it involves a code wich I think everyone should have in order to do a hard reset on the unit instead of just rebooting the unit... So if anyone knows how to get in this menu, please tell us...
Thnx
I have the same problem with bluetooth and iGo when I receive phone calls. I think the reason the unit freezes sometimes when we get a phone call is because of iGo Primo's bluetooth feature interferes with Flyaudio bluetooth system. iGo Primo has capability of handling bluetooth calls and its bluetooth settings need to be disabled somehow in the sys.txt. I haven't been able to figure out how since I'm not very savvy with all the things that go into the settings file. When I use the Odyssey navigation software which came with Flyaudio, I don't experience any issues with bluetooth incoming phone calls.
Old 01-26-12, 11:15 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I finally had a chance to install that radio reception booster.... and it ... *drumroll please* .... didn't do a damn thing.

NimaM, please please please get flyaudio to fix AM radio for us!!!
Old 01-27-12, 02:11 AM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There site has no updates for Bios or anything.
Old 01-27-12, 01:30 PM
ibedizzy
Driver School Candidate

is it possible to order and install an oem navigation unit? or are the extra features of the FlyAudio unit worth the hassle?
Old 01-27-12, 03:17 PM
5280is250
Driver School Candidate

Just got Updated firmware so climate temperature reading issue: fixed. Freezing and restarting issue:fixed. Seems to be bug free at this point.
Old 01-27-12, 03:19 PM
5280is250
Driver School Candidate

Default spendy

Originally Posted by ibedizzy
is it possible to order and install an oem navigation unit? or are the extra features of the FlyAudio unit worth the hassle?
when I contacted Lexus with this, they said it would be close to 7k to get oem unit installed.
Old 01-27-12, 03:52 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5280is250
Just got Updated firmware so climate temperature reading issue: fixed. Freezing and restarting issue:fixed. Seems to be bug free at this point.
..... and AM radio? .....
Old 01-27-12, 04:34 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IceIridium
..... and AM radio? .....
My FM reception sucks and weird thing is the antenna plugs into the factory cd changer unit not the actual flyaudio unit. Must be something that is hurting its reception.
Old 01-27-12, 04:56 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5280is250
Can you check to see if any of the temperatures repeat? I got the pre-release update and 73F and 82F repeat.
Old 01-27-12, 05:28 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls
My FM reception sucks and weird thing is the antenna plugs into the factory cd changer unit not the actual flyaudio unit. Must be something that is hurting its reception.
Strange... my FM is fine. AM is the problem. Gets NO AM stations where I am. If I were a few miles from downtown then I pick up a couple with lots of static.

Yours a Gen 1 or 2?
Old 01-27-12, 06:27 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

I finally had a chance to install that radio reception booster.... and it ... *drumroll please* .... didn't do a damn thing.

NimaM, please please please get flyaudio to fix AM radio for us!!!
That's weird. FlyAudio tech told me their unit is just a controller and the actual AM receiver is in the CD changer. There seems to be some sort of interference from FlyAudio unit or bad filter design. However, generally speaking, Toyota radios suck in general.

Well I wish I was superman and had enough power to make them fix the AM reception. LOL
Old 01-27-12, 07:24 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Strange... my FM is fine. AM is the problem. Gets NO AM stations where I am. If I were a few miles from downtown then I pick up a couple with lots of static.

Yours a Gen 1 or 2?
Generation 2
Old 01-27-12, 09:20 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

When are they going to release the temperature update?
Old 01-27-12, 10:00 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NimaM
That doesn't sound right. Have you double checked the connections in the back. Maybe there is a loose connection somewhere. When I first installed my unit, one of the plugs wasn't fully inserted and it caused all sorts of weird things.

I think it wouldn't hurt to contact Flyaudio and ask for an explanation too.
Did you install the airbag wire that came with your unit?
Old 01-27-12, 10:16 PM
NimaM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISBU
Did you install the airbag wire that came with your unit?
Yes I used all harnesses/cables that came with the unit. However, the passenger airbag lights never worked.

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350