IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Decided to go two tone! Let me know what you think! [Pics]

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 01:59 PM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed the section after the pics...

Hmmm i see MRM lips with a matte black face... seems interesting!

Blackhousing heads/fogs should look good too!
Old 11-10-09, 02:12 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus

Thank you and thank you again! I agree that it's not ricey because i am going for an aggressive look, but i'm only 40% of the way there, so it'll look a little goofy until silver starts disappearing. I want to do my emblems darker, when i paint the window surround and visors, i'll do emblems as well.

Your car looks great!! I cannot wait to do the headlights and foglights, scared of doing it, but excited for the final look! Def. looks awesome on MRM.
Your car is in the weird "I'm in middle school and my body is all weird looking" stage by having blacking out and chrome still on your car. I can see what you're going for though and it's going to look BA when you're done Good luck on the headlights. If you need any guidance I'd shoot mIStaboi a PM or something because he's done a lot of them.
Old 11-10-09, 02:45 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

how about...

MATTE MRM headlight housing, MATTE black fog light housing.. MATTE black center disks, Gloss MRM lips and Gloss black pinstripe!
Old 11-10-09, 02:48 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
how about...

MATTE MRM headlight housing, MATTE black fog light housing.. MATTE black center disks, Gloss MRM lips and Gloss black pinstripe!
+1
Old 11-11-09, 02:43 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by L-S-D
hmm i jus pulled the trigger on megan LP racing coils... IMO there the best bang for your buck and will give you that super aggressive stance u are looking for

i my self am twotone also.. white/blak acents all over
I'm leaning towards Megan, although i do want to find something that is easy and quick to rebuild.
I like your two tone! your car was one of my inspirations to do black roof

Originally Posted by juice14
I like it. Next do: black grill surrounding, black headlight housing, black wheels, SICK.
I already like the way you are going.
Thinking about the grill surround, not sure where i'm going with the grill yet. Thanks for having faith

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Its funny cuz im very opinionated about the 2IS, lots of cars ppl like i dont care for... BUT... in your case... lots of ppl seem not to feel what you have done, thing is... i like it.
Woah!!! didn't expect this from you at all! Thank you! Looking forward to your comments on the final product

Originally Posted by Robs IS250
I just noticed the section after the pics...

Hmmm i see MRM lips with a matte black face... seems interesting!

Blackhousing heads/fogs should look good too!
Let's hope i can shuffle my money around correctly in the next few months to finish her for next season!

Originally Posted by karasha
Your car is in the weird "I'm in middle school and my body is all weird looking" stage by having blacking out and chrome still on your car. I can see what you're going for though and it's going to look BA when you're done Good luck on the headlights. If you need any guidance I'd shoot mIStaboi a PM or something because he's done a lot of them.
Lol that's a dead on way to describe it! i've read the thread on painting, i want to also do a DRL mod, audi like eye brows that im gonna put inside the headlight (people will hate on me for this), at the top of the headlight. I plan on doing some TSIB's that i didn't get done last time i was at the dealer, and im going to have them turn off the stock DRL's. Thank you for the advice!

Originally Posted by djkhanvict
how about...

Yes to all of that, gloss black pinstripe on the MRM lip? hmmmm, i gotta photoshop this sometime soon. Great suggestions!

Last edited by Lexasaurus; 11-11-09 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-11-09, 06:21 AM
Idrinor
Driver School Candidate

I only like the black roof...sorry...not a huge fan of two-tone paint
Old 11-11-09, 06:58 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

How about stop color matching EVERYTHING and start doing colors that have contrast?! LMAO I personally think the car came out great, with a more aggressive kit, a lower drop, and better wheels, this car will be fire!
Old 11-11-09, 07:16 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Nice. I want to paint my roof black but not sure.... its cool though. Black rims would make it awesome
Old 11-13-09, 02:40 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
How about stop color matching EVERYTHING and start doing colors that have contrast?! LMAO I personally think the car came out great, with a more aggressive kit, a lower drop, and better wheels, this car will be fire!
Thanks man
Can you elaborate on doing colors that have contrast?