IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Programming homelink with a multi-code brand receiver

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-09, 06:10 PM
djrobsd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming homelink with a multi-code brand receiver

We have an "ELITE" brand gate at my complex, and our transmitters all say "MULTI-CODE" on them. Please do not confuse this with "rolling codes" as multi-code is not a rolling code system. What multi code is, is a 300mhz system, with a dip switch code on it (why they call it multi code), so when the gate is setup, they select a random combination of dip switches, and then your transmitter has the dip switches on it when you slide open the battery compartment. If the code on your transmitter doesn't match that on the receiver, the gate will not open.

I have tried tirelessly to get my IS-350 homelink to program in my multi-code remote, but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone gotten this to work? I'm wondering if the gate opener has to be retrofitted with a homelink compatible receiver?
Old 07-13-09, 08:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

See if your opener is listed here. If it isn't, it is very unlikely it iwill work. I had a gate for my community in California and it was not homelink compatible.
Old 07-13-09, 09:28 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah and i programmed it like any other gate/garage.
Old 07-13-09, 10:06 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

i dont know but the lexus homelink is stupid. I have a portable homelink of out another car that I have hooked up to my 12v cig lighter and I can program my brothers gate into it but i cant my car to read it.
Old 07-13-09, 11:18 PM
djrobsd
Rookie

Yay! I got it to work. I tried a different remote. I had 2 remotes, one was a key fob, the other was a huge garage door opener one that normally clips to the visor. The key fob wouldn't program on my IS 350, but the big remote did. One of the tricks I notice is you have to WAIT PATIENTLY, even if you think it might be 20 seconds, it might be longer. And keep clicking the remote control for 2 seconds while holding down the Homelink button you want to program.
Old 02-09-11, 05:33 AM
eisens
Rookie

I have the same issue (Multi-code gate opener). I get the "fast blinking" when I try to program it. So you are saying just keep trying and eventually it will work? Do you have to be outside the gate? Thanks.
Old 02-14-11, 10:57 AM
djrobsd
Rookie

Originally Posted by eisens
I have the same issue (Multi-code gate opener). I get the "fast blinking" when I try to program it. So you are saying just keep trying and eventually it will work? Do you have to be outside the gate? Thanks.
Doesn't matter where you are in relation to the gate, but it does help to be near the gate so you can test it to make sure it works. Patience is the key, if it's not working, keep trying, try another transmitter if the one you are using isn't being read by your car.
Old 02-14-11, 01:28 PM
skinfan2k
Rookie

same here. i cant get my garage door to open. When i do, i have to reset the other 4 remotes. and then the homelink doesn't work so i just use a different garage opener