IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

wherefore can i get a good tint job in socal

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 11:46 AM
outlaws
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wherefore can i get a good tint job in socal

lookin to tint my car asap. does it void any warranty if i get it done? how much do they go for, and does anyone know any reputable places that does a good job? what's the legal tint in ca without getting rolled? is 15% too obvious on a white car? i'd hate to get a ticket but would like the privacy.
Old 06-23-09, 12:15 PM
Dirtywater
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by outlaws
lookin to tint my car asap. does it void any warranty if i get it done? how much do they go for, and does anyone know any reputable places that does a good job? what's the legal tint in ca without getting rolled? is 15% too obvious on a white car? i'd hate to get a ticket but would like the privacy.

Hmm. I have an 09 IS250, and I was recommended a place called Sunshield Tinting or something like that on Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. They do all the Keyes dealerships cars.

They did a great job on my car and I got 35% on the front 2 and 20% on the back 2 and rear windshield. I believe the law in CA says you can not tint the front 2 windows or windshield, but most people have the front 2 tinted.

Hope that helps.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunshield-gl...g-sherman-oaks
Old 06-23-09, 12:17 PM
outlaws
Rookie

Originally Posted by Dirtywater
Hmm. I have an 09 IS250, and I was recommended a place called Sunshield Tinting or something like that on Van Nuys Blvd. in Sherman Oaks. They do all the Keyes dealerships cars.

They did a great job on my car and I got 35% on the front 2 and 20% on the back 2 and rear windshield. I believe the law in CA says you can not tint the front 2 windows or windshield, but most people have the front 2 tinted.

Hope that helps.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/sunshield-gl...g-sherman-oaks
Thanks, got any pics/price and do you know if they do laser cut? I heard laser cut gives it a more custom fit. Did you get the ceramic tint? Is it much better than normal?
Old 06-23-09, 12:19 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 574 Likes on 394 Posts

It really depends where you are in CA. It's a big state A lot of people go to California Tint in Rosemead. They're quick and reasonably priced. Also, 35% in the front is a pretty "safe" amount to go in the front.
Old 06-23-09, 12:38 PM
outlaws
Rookie

Originally Posted by Allen K
It really depends where you are in CA. It's a big state A lot of people go to California Tint in Rosemead. They're quick and reasonably priced. Also, 35% in the front is a pretty "safe" amount to go in the front.
I'm from orange ****y but any car work is important so I wouldn't mind traveling a bit to get a nice job done. I grew up in Arcadia so I'm familiar with Rosemead area.
I guess price isn't an issue as long as they dont break anything in my car and not have the tint bubble after a bit. 20% rear and 35% front sounds good.
Old 06-23-09, 12:43 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you want ceramic, then goto song's tint masters in ktown.
Old 06-23-09, 12:49 PM
silentbob
Driver

got mine done at xlnt tint in anaheim. 35% carbon all around. very happy with their work and customer service. i probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, but i was willing to pay extra ensuring quality work and willingness to fix any potential problems. paid $40 extra for their fix it ticket 'warranty'.
Old 06-23-09, 12:51 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harris @ InStyle Graphics/VIP Status
19148 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501
(877)-8-INSTYLE or (877)-846-7895
Old 06-23-09, 01:31 PM
outlaws
Rookie

Originally Posted by silentbob
got mine done at xlnt tint in anaheim. 35% carbon all around. very happy with their work and customer service. i probably could have gotten a better deal somewhere else, but i was willing to pay extra ensuring quality work and willingness to fix any potential problems. paid $40 extra for their fix it ticket 'warranty'.
what does this fix it ticket 'warranty' include? i work in anaheim so this looks promising. 35% carbon is what i'm looking for too, just on the safe side... how much did you pay for it?
Old 06-23-09, 06:45 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

howdy all. I too am looking for a place to tint my 350 in socal. I have a tungsten pearl is350. Does anyone recommended a specific tint % font / back ? or tint type?

I prefer it to be not too dark because I would like to see the outside clearly. hope it makes sense. What are the average cost for a good tint job ? I apologize in advance if I hijack thread.
Old 06-23-09, 07:01 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Try posting in here.
- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/loc...al-forums-156/

Here is my 15% on my Tungsten Pearl.

Old 06-23-09, 07:25 PM
silentbob
Driver

Originally Posted by outlaws
what does this fix it ticket 'warranty' include? i work in anaheim so this looks promising. 35% carbon is what i'm looking for too, just on the safe side... how much did you pay for it?
basically they'll take off and put on the tint in the front as many times as you want, no questions asked. so when you get a fix it ticket, you go get the tint taken off, get a cop to sign off on it, then go back to xlnt and they put the tint back on. then the cycle continues until we revive the economy.

with the warranty, i paid $200 + 40. again, not a great price, but still reasonable IMO
Old 06-23-09, 08:36 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

song's tint master in LA.

$220 for lifetime series, $500-ish for huper optiks.

a search in the socal section should pull up their info.
Old 06-23-09, 08:45 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Damn you guys pay a lot for tints. Most here is like 150 and thats way overpriced.
Old 06-23-09, 11:54 PM
J_Hao
Driver

california tint charged me 125 + tax...nice work done and reasonable price!

Quick Reply: wherefore can i get a good tint job in socal