IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP! My IS 250 has sprung a leak!?!?!?

Old 07-05-09, 07:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,325 Posts

The TSIB is AC003-07. It affects GS and IS models depending on where and when they were assembled. As with all TSIBs, if your car is not showing signs of the problem, Lexus will not fix it. It does require removing the dash and the HVAC unit to complete the repair according to the TSIB. The attached picture shows where the drain valve is located on the unit, and it is the valve itself that is the problem. Yes, this is one of those "if it shows up after 50k miles you are screwed" issues.
Attached Thumbnails HELP! My IS 250 has sprung a leak!?!?!?-isx50-hvac-drain.jpg  
Old 07-06-09, 03:49 PM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a problem that occurs over time or does it happen only by chance?
Old 07-06-09, 08:34 PM
rxpvic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The TSIB is AC003-07. It affects GS and IS models depending on where and when they were assembled. As with all TSIBs, if your car is not showing signs of the problem, Lexus will not fix it. It does require removing the dash and the HVAC unit to complete the repair according to the TSIB. The attached picture shows where the drain valve is located on the unit, and it is the valve itself that is the problem. Yes, this is one of those "if it shows up after 50k miles you are screwed" issues.
Thanks for the info, It looks like I might need some help on this one.
Old 06-18-10, 12:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't recall ever seeing any water on my garage floor, even after running the AC on warms days. Is that normal?

My other car leaves plenty of water on the garage floor under the same conditions.
Old 06-18-10, 12:56 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I don't recall ever seeing any water on my garage floor, even after running the AC on warms days. Is that normal?

My other car leaves plenty of water on the garage floor under the same conditions.
Check under the floor mats of the rear seat for water. What your describing is how I found out I needed the TSB as it was wet under there If its dry at least you checked it out.
Old 06-18-10, 12:58 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TripleL
Check under the floor mats of the rear seat for water. What your describing is how I found out I needed the TSB as it was wet under there If its dry at least you checked it out.
Rear seat floor mats? Oh I've been checking under the front seat floormats.

I double-checked under all mats front and rear, no water.

Last edited by IS-SV; 06-18-10 at 01:06 PM. Reason: update after checking
Old 06-18-10, 01:06 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Maybe because I live on a hill but yes that's were the bulk of the water collected what I was having the issue that the TSB corrected.
Old 06-18-10, 01:07 PM
khoab88
Lead Lap

HI I have an 06is250 and i haven't experienced this problem but i have a feeling that it just a matter of time that this would happen in my car, now it just 30k miles. if I drip may 2-3 cups of water in the front carpet and rear right side carpet and bring it to dealer and complain that there has been a known issue with the ac drain. Will they fix it?
Old 06-18-10, 01:08 PM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
What year does the TSB cover? If it also has 2010 in there... I'm gonna pour a gallon of water on the rear-seat floors, and take it into dealer for TSB work. It would suck to pay 1000 for a design flaw by Lexus.
Old 06-18-10, 01:10 PM
khoab88
Lead Lap

can anyone confirm?
Old 06-18-10, 01:15 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Guys. we can talk about symptoms and such, but even in my case I didn't tell them to do the TSB, I told them I had wet mats and I assume the tech checked out the drain plug in Lobuxracers post. They came to me and advised I needed this particular TSB.

Water on the carpet could be anything, this TSB, leaky sunroof, window etc etc..
Old 06-18-10, 01:16 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by khoab88
HI I have an 06is250 and i haven't experienced this problem but i have a feeling that it just a matter of time that this would happen in my car, now it just 30k miles. if I drip may 2-3 cups of water in the front carpet and rear right side carpet and bring it to dealer and complain that there has been a known issue with the ac drain. Will they fix it?
You mean LIE and commit FRAUD? C'mon ..... let's at least play fair and have a bit of integrity. My '06 has no issues so far and it is going out of warranty in less than two months, but I would never consider throwing water on the carpets so they would repair it.
Old 06-18-10, 01:22 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Yep, I won't be simulating a bladder control problem on my carpets. I don't lie to my dealer and I don't expect the dealer to lie to me.

But my question is,

Do your ISx50's leave condensation water on the ground after running A/C in warm weather?
Old 06-18-10, 01:45 PM
Bodz123
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS-SV

Are you refering to your Liberty? My Liberty leave more water on the ground than any vehicle I've ever seen. I never see water on the ground under my 350
Old 06-18-10, 01:52 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bodz123
Are you refering to your Liberty? My Liberty leave more water on the ground than any vehicle I've ever seen. I never see water on the ground under my 350
No the Liberty never goes in the garage.

I'm referring to my Mercedes C300 (08), which leaves large amounts of water in the garage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! My IS 250 has sprung a leak!?!?!?