IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HELP! My IS 250 has sprung a leak!?!?!?

Old 06-18-10, 02:12 PM
Bodz123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
No the Liberty never goes in the garage.

I'm referring to my Mercedes C300 (08), which leaves large amounts of water in the garage.
Poor Liberty Show the Domestic vehicle some love! I've had less issues with mine than I have with my Lexus and I drive my Liberty hard, towing and 4x4. Sorry for getting off topic everyone.
Old 06-18-10, 02:18 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bodz123
Poor Liberty Show the Domestic vehicle some love! I've had less issues with mine than I have with my Lexus and I drive my Liberty hard, towing and 4x4. Sorry for getting off topic everyone.
The Libby is durable, other than eating front brake pads/rotors every 30K miles, but parts are cheap for this domestic beast. What year is yours?

I'll be watching for some water coming out of my Lexus underneath. I've got plenty of warranty left, being a CPO car purchased in Nov. 08. Do you see water under your IS350 in hot weather?
Old 06-18-10, 02:36 PM
Bodz123
Rookie

The Libby is durable, other than eating front brake pads/rotors every 30K miles, but parts are cheap for this domestic beast. What year is yours?

I'll be watching for some water coming out of my Lexus underneath. I've got plenty of warranty left, being a CPO car purchased in Nov. 08. Do you see water under your IS350 in hot weather?
05' w/ Full Old Man Emu Suspension + clevis lift - Buy EBC rotors and Green stuff SUV pads, its almost like they dont wear at all + they are 100% quiet and stop on a dime. I never see water under my 350 (which has me a little worried now) and I live in AZ. I've had the A/C on since early May.
Old 06-18-10, 03:06 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

If you live in Florida and you do not see a half pint of water in the garage or other places you park either your AC is not working properly since it is not taking the moisture out of the air or it is going under your carpet. The first time I saw the wet carpet, I thought my little girl was spilling her drinks or leaking but after a couple of weeks I knew it was something else.. This problem needs to fixed right away. This water will steam up when you park your car outside on a hot day and you will see condensation inside your car if the weather cools overnight. Moisture inside your car will affect your electronics, contacts, etc.
Old 06-18-10, 03:11 PM
khoab88
Lead Lap

Default Lie, fraud?

Originally Posted by Evitzee
You mean LIE and commit FRAUD? C'mon ..... let's at least play fair and have a bit of integrity. My '06 has no issues so far and it is going out of warranty in less than two months, but I would never consider throwing water on the carpets so they would repair it.
So do u mean integrity for them if they make a flaw design and let consumers pay big dough to fill their fault? Is it liberty for them to give us a 50k warranty and the car break down at 50.5k miles because of their defective design? This happens all the time with big brand like BMW and Mercedes. That's why I do with Lexus because of its long known credibility and reliability.

I don't ask Lexus to replace my wrinkle leather seat in the warranty time or similar stupid things like that but I do want to make em fix their defective design before it happens to my car, and if it already happened to rx707, guess what, eventually it will all comes to all 06x50 and it's not our fault to turn AC on under hot day; I feel sorry for him to pay that $86x.xx bill, it's just unfortunate when it happens just right after his warranty is over.

Big corps don't want to admit too much faulty designs and don't want too many recalls because of their names and reputations, but it is their faulty design and we should make them fix for us.

Last edited by khoab88; 06-18-10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-23-10, 12:25 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

So anybody else have info on this? My IS350 leaves nothing on the garage floor still.
Old 06-23-10, 12:35 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

So anybody else have info on this? My IS350 leaves nothing on the garage floor still.
My "F" drips just fine here in SoCal......

Joe Z
Old 06-23-10, 01:52 PM
Eldr1dgE
Driver

^^^lol that's funny..

i have a small puddle on my 350 after I use the a/c here in texas..at first i didn't notice any puddles of water but realized it was more towards the center of the vehicle..
Old 06-23-10, 02:27 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eldr1dgE
^^^lol that's funny..

i have a small puddle on my 350 after I use the a/c here in texas..at first i didn't notice any puddles of water but realized it was more towards the center of the vehicle..
Thanks for that tip, I'll look there next time.
Old 07-15-10, 05:32 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Still no puddle under my IS350.

I met my SA today and booked oil change-synthetic/service appointment for end of July. They will look at the AC drain then since I complained of "window fogging for over 1 hour after turning AC off and never seeing any drips under car after running AC in hot weather". He asked if the passenger side carpet was wet (it's not).
Old 07-15-10, 05:40 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ I was thinking of you last week I as we had hot and humid weather. After work I pulled into the garage I noticed that my IS (250AWD) left a few drips of water on the driveway and after about 20 mins there was less than a thimble full under my car. My wife came home 5 mins after I did and when I checked under her car (about 15 mins after she got home) there was a bucket full of water under 04 Pilot.

I'm not sure where the water goes in our cars but I guess so long as the carpets are dry and there is a drip or two of water once in a while we are ok.
Old 07-15-10, 05:51 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^ I'm wondering if the old/defective drain starts to clog, you start seeing the signs that we are seeing (little or no dripping, window fogging after AC is turned off), before the stage of ruined wet carpets.

Per the TSIB improved HVAC evaporator drain should be less prone to becoming blocked by debris.

Hopefully I can give more info after the service visit in late July.
Old 07-15-10, 05:56 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Please let us know how it goes.

BTW I had the drain TSB done when I found my back carpets were soaked big time and the dealer determined the TSB was the way to fix.
Old 07-15-10, 07:04 PM
ADVIS250
Rookie

Im having the same problem!! I need a way to fix it own my own because im over 50,000
Old 07-16-10, 07:40 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ADVIS250
Im having the same problem!! I need a way to fix it own my own because im over 50,000
What problem specifically is that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! My IS 250 has sprung a leak!?!?!?